Angry, Depressed, and wanting to QUIT!

Options
13»

Replies

• BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Thank you everyone! After a good cry, some new pants, and an awesome workout at Zumba; I am going to push through. I know that I may have souneded like a baby and whiny to some of you and I am sorry for that...it is just hard sometimes. Plus as my lovely husband reminded me--this is usually the point in the past when I did quit. So if I am changing my lifestyle--then I need to change that part too!!!

So I decided...My goal weight is 135. So that gives me 52 pounds to lose. After that....I QUIT! But only cause I will be maintaining from them on out! :laugh: Love you all and keep up the good work---you all inspire me!!!

So glad you are not giving up. I started last summer where you are starting now. If I would have given up I'd be a size 18 and pushing 200lbs again. Instead I am back into the 130's NEVER give up!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    WOW! Girl I can so see changes in your body, from your face, to your arms, to your thighs, I could go on! Sometimes we're the last to see the changes early on. Like someone shared, get the tape measure out and check the inches because you will likely be AMAZED!

Keep taking photos even every 5 lbs. if you need too and line them up and keep staring, you'll see it, because it IS there! Try putting the very same shirt on and then look again! :wink:

Don't quit, there's no place to go back to, you've tasted to the good life, the life of freedom! We've all gone through bouts where we get discouraged and simply don't feel it or don't see a change but others will go on about it to us. Just ride that wave until YOU see it, no one on here would lie to you, if we see changes we share that with another member of MFP. That's what's so cool about this place! It's simply a great place to come for honesty and to guage ourselves!

Now go out and enjoy your weekend and don't forget to dig out that tape measure!:wink::drinker:

Becca:heart:
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I think you look great. There is a difference. It is sometimes hard to see the differences in ourselves. I have lost 16 pounds myself and I don't see it either. Keep on keeping on. It took time to gain the weight, it will take time to take it off.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Plus as my lovely husband reminded me--this is usually the point in the past when I did quit. So if I am changing my lifestyle--then I need to change that part too!!!

How wonderful to have such an insightful hubby!

Hang in there, sometimes it's frustrating and our "demons" try to over-rule common sense. You look wonderful - and you'll feel even better at 135. :o)
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    don`t quit on your self.Our bodies all work different.It`s a progress in the works.
    You can do it.
    jane