Lose 5 Pounds a Month May 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Five is a good goal, but I'm hoping for 8. These challenges give me the right kind of motivation. Hate setting concrete goals and not achieving them.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'm in again. April was a successful month; hopefully I can repeat that for May!!

Check in 5/01:
    WK #1 5/08:
    WK #2 5/15:
    WK #3 5/22:
    WK #4 5/29:
    Final weight 5/31:

It's great to see so many people participating! Wishing everyone a successful May!!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    For those wondering how this works we ask that you try to weigh and report in about once a week. Many people are here each day reading and posting to help you with this journey. To find this topic again go to community and then my topics this should come up under my topics if you have posted on this thread.

This group is very informal. There are sometimes exercise or eating challenges to get you to try new things. If you read something interesting on diet and exercise it would be great if you share it here. Any thing to keep us all motivated.

For those of you have done this challenge before you have read my break down of this challenge but for the newbies here goes...

To lose 1 pound you must create a deficit of 3500 calories through diet and exercise. When you do this you lose 1 pound.

To lose 5 pounds in May you must create a deficit of 17,500 calories. May has 31 days so through diet and exercise you need to have a calorie deficit of 565 calories. So eat a little less and exercise a little more. Makes it sound so easy doesn't it. I know from experience it is hard and take determination.

We are here to be cheerleaders for each to get us to where each of us wants to be.

Hope to hear from everyone on Sunday for your first weigh-in.

Terri
  • rachmatt
    rachmatt Posts: 28
    Options
    Sooooo in! Lets do this!!!
  • motherinme
    motherinme Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ok, I need to be held accountable...Here Goes :-p

4/29/11 - Starting Weight = 205 (I think...scale keeps jumping around at the gym..I'll give a more definite soon)
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Let's do it! I'm so excited! I'm hoping to get at least 7 down (mini-goal!)

Not stoked about the Sunday weigh ins (since Saturday is usually a bad day!) but it will keep me on track for the weekends.
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    This is my goal anyway, but these last 10 pounds are a B. And I'm going home at the end of may for Memorial Day Weekend!
  • ColeyBear08
    ColeyBear08 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 lbs this month and I can't wait to see how much I lose next month!
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm in.. I'll be still wieghing in on Mondays though
    Check in 5/02:
    WK #1 5/09:
    WK #2 5/16:
    WK #3 5/23
    WK #4 5/30:
    Final weight 5/31:
  • k_harvey
    k_harvey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I agree about Sunday weigh-ins though....scary! :drinker: :blushing:
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I've been losing about a pound a week and this should help me to stay motivated.
  • jenalow
    jenalow Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Let's do it! I'm so excited! I'm hoping to get at least 7 down (mini-goal!)

Not stoked about the Sunday weigh ins (since Saturday is usually a bad day!) but it will keep me on track for the weekends.

You can weigh in on whatever day you want to : ) we usually weigh on the 1st and the last days of the month and then weekly on our regular days. many of us weigh in throughout the week, I weigh on sundays because thats just the day I started on back in june.
  • rosaliabritt
    rosaliabritt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Count Me In!

Also, my first challenge--so how does this work, do we check in somewhere or post, please let me know.
    Thanks
  • smoochiesayn
    Options
    I'm new and I want to take up this challenge as well!

never been so determine before and this time i wan to do it right.

Let's shed 5 pounds together~
  • hfiusajoisfdl
    Options
    I'm definitely in! I'm going to a Katy Perry concert in May and I have a goal weight to be down 3lbs by then so another 2 on top of that would be lovely :)
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in for this!

(Am hoping for closer to 5kg tho!)

Let's go!!
  • mirapaigew
    mirapaigew Posts: 107
    Options
    Count me in!
  • fatallybroken
    fatallybroken Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Im in :)
  • mirapaigew
    mirapaigew Posts: 107
    Options
    I'd love to be able to lose at least 7lbs. My wedding is June 4th... So May is going to be THE month to really do as much as I can. My dress doesn't even fit right now!!! Phew. lol