Crock Pot Cheeseburgers! (w/pics)

Options

Replies

• aunt_hbomb
    Options
    Oh hell yes! I am totally making this tomorrow. I am however going to use ground turkey instead of beef. Oh, and I think I'm going to add some canned mushrooms for the "veggie" effect. Mmmm mmm mmm.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering this since these appeared last April. How are crock pot cheeseburgers any better than regular cheeseburgers?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering this since these appeared last April. How are crock pot cheeseburgers any better than regular cheeseburgers?

You'll have to wait until Part 3 to learn that secret. :laugh:
  • lor007
    Options

You'll have to wait until Part 3 to learn that secret. :laugh:

*waits on edge of seat, while eating a real cheeseburger*
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Oh hell yes! I am totally making this tomorrow. I am however going to use ground turkey instead of beef. Oh, and I think I'm going to add some canned mushrooms for the "veggie" effect. Mmmm mmm mmm.

Great idea to add the "veggie effect". Might want to consider fresh though. That way you get the REAL effect instead of the processed one.

Plus, the part of me that truly cares for all MFPers must point out that mushrooms grow in ****. I personally don't care for eating stuff like that. Each to their own, I guess.

Happy fungus gathering :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    really there is a lot you can do with Cheeseburgers not just the crock pot.

http://youtu.be/tzDxTNiCpWM
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    really there is a lot you can do with Cheeseburgers not just the crock pot.

http://youtu.be/tzDxTNiCpWM

Bill, you always remind me that there are different ways to look at things. Thanks for that, my strange, twisted friend :wink:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I have not read all 500+ replies, but I thought I should point out the fact that a regular McDonald's cheeseburger is approximately 300 calories. This crock pot recipe makes 10 servings at 181 calories each - adding even sandwich thins as bread brings that total to 280 cals. For a difference of 20 calories, I think I'd rather just have the McD's cheeseburger, really.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    All in all, I'm just glad on days like this I don't eat land based meat.
  • mjshmily
    mjshmily Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    A 1/3 of a cup out of the crockpot is a lot more meat than the little beef patty on the McDonalds burger though. The 300 calorie cheeseburger isn't bad but the patty is so teeny-thus I would end up straying to the quarter pounder with cheese. :-(

On a different note, for those looking to reduce carbs or like mushrooms-This makes an excellent filling for stuffed mushrooms. Just fill and bake or broil for a bit. I like a portabella filled with it so it's one jumbo mushroom stuffed with cheeseburger. Yum :heart:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I have not read all 500+ replies, but I thought I should point out the fact that a regular McDonald's cheeseburger is approximately 300 calories. This crock pot recipe makes 10 servings at 181 calories each - adding even sandwich thins as bread brings that total to 280 cals. For a difference of 20 calories, I think I'd rather just have the McD's cheeseburger, really.

And the McDonald's cheeseburger doesn't look like it's ABC.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options

RFLMAO!!!!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

Thank you! :sick:
  • lor007
    Options
    This makes an excellent filling for stuffed mushrooms. Just fill and bake or broil for a bit. I like a portabella filled with it so it's one jumbo mushroom stuffed with cheeseburger. Yum :heart:

Portabellas are committing suicide as we speak.
  • mollykat73
    mollykat73 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I am a visual person and I can't eat something that turns me off to it. I thank you for the recipe though! I know some people love the loose meat version of this stuff. Isn't it called like Maid Rite or something like that? I know I've heard people talk about it before.

I would just rather have it in a patty form, cook it and put onion and cheese on top. I'm too picky for this stuff. There are other foods I can't eat, just can't do it. I wish I could force my brain to quite being so picky on stuff like that.
  • hfrost1978
    Options
    bump
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tnic86
    tnic86 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Oh my! They look yummy...:D
  • eudemonia