Crock Pot Cheeseburgers! (w/pics)

Options

Replies

• Sweetpeagrl
    Sweetpeagrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    that looks delicious. i am trying to find new ideas on what to make for dinners and this is def going on the list!
  • beazelsmom
    Options
    This makes an excellent filling for stuffed mushrooms. Just fill and bake or broil for a bit. I like a portabella filled with it so it's one jumbo mushroom stuffed with cheeseburger. Yum :heart:

Portabellas are committing suicide as we speak.

YUMMY!!! BUMP
  • georgia_ann40
    georgia_ann40 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try!!
    Thanks!
  • Lilylove86
    Lilylove86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • granni87
    granni87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dezi718
    dezi718 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    yumm!
  • ChrissyLu723
    ChrissyLu723 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That's not a good attitude when changing your eating habits, you always have to look at the bigger picture...how about having this burger without the bun, now your saving 100 calories off your meal...or you can take the buns off and add some chips if you like them, now your back to the McGreezeys calories. I'd rather have a home cooked meal when I know exactly what I am eating instead of saying well for 20 calories more I'll go the fast food way...for a lot of us, the fast food is what got us to the point of being here.
    I have not read all 500+ replies, but I thought I should point out the fact that a regular McDonald's cheeseburger is approximately 300 calories. This crock pot recipe makes 10 servings at 181 calories each - adding even sandwich thins as bread brings that total to 280 cals. For a difference of 20 calories, I think I'd rather just have the McD's cheeseburger, really.
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I made these last Sunday with 8 slices of Kraft American Singles (2% milk) instead of the Velveeta and it came well. I didn't add the mustard or relish, and this evening I made the leftovers into mini meat loafs.

For the full recipe of crock pot cheeseburgers add 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs and a 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (if you want). Spray muffin tins (regular size) and divided mixture into 10 muffin cups. And then bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until them begin to firm up and brown on the tops and edges.

Each cheesy meatloaf muffin is 169 calories (if made with the singles instead of the Velveeta, plus the extra cheese; so plug your ingredients into the recipe builder to get an accurate account for your ingredients). I served them with mashed potatoes, steamed corn, and gravy (All for 530 calories).

I'm planning on making another batch of crock pot cheeseburgers this week and making them into meatballs in mini muffin tins.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    interesting.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    This is the sort of thread I would bump if I had a buzz going.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    since this thread has now rolled, i just want to make sure all the new readers also have access to this amazing recipe!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/360696-if-you-re-a-fan-of-crockpot-cheeseburgers
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    since this thread has now rolled, i just want to make sure all the new readers also have access to this amazing recipe!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/360696-if-you-re-a-fan-of-crockpot-cheeseburgers

Oh... this recipe is even better! Its one of my favorites!
  • LaurenMichelle004
    LaurenMichelle004 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I made this last night and it was AMAZING!!! My husband (not on MFP) absolutely loved it too. It made a ton of leftovers, so I can't wait for round 2! Thanks! :)
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsHyland
    MrsHyland Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I made these last night and they were really good. My husband really enjoyed it as well. The only thing that I would say is it is kind of a waste to put it in the crockpot. If you cook the meat before you put it in, then just add everything to the skillet and let it melt down. It would probably take all of 10 minutes as apposed to 2 hours in the crockpot. I will do it that way next time. Also, after a little more than an hour some of the cheese was starting to burn on the sides. There isn't much liquid so be careful. Hope you all enjoy it as well!
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Oh hell yes! I am totally making this tomorrow. I am however going to use ground turkey instead of beef. Oh, and I think I'm going to add some canned mushrooms for the "veggie" effect. Mmmm mmm mmm.

Great idea to add the "veggie effect". Might want to consider fresh though. That way you get the REAL effect instead of the processed one.

Plus, the part of me that truly cares for all MFPers must point out that mushrooms grow in ****. I personally don't care for eating stuff like that. Each to their own, I guess.

Happy fungus gathering :)

LOL...Actually not ALL mushrooms grow in ****. If you eat the ones that do you are in for one hell of a ride. lol
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    bump