Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

College Challenge - Fall 2008

food_junkie
food_junkie Posts: 434
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
Haha, someone please help me think of a better name.

You know how the story goes, summer rolls around and your hectic schedule slows down so the diet and exercise is a breeze. Then the semester starts and its like things slooowly (or quickly ha) go back to the way they were and you're back at square 1.

This challenge is for anyone who is still in school and struggles with keeping up with everything that goes on during the semester and keeping the weight off. I think it would be a great idea for everyone to get together on here to have weekly check-ins (on fridays) and just for the moral support!

My semester starts this upcoming monday (8/25) so I think this friday would be a great time to have the first check in!

Come on..it'll be fun! :happy:

Replies

• Haha, someone please help me think of a better name.

You know how the story goes, summer rolls around and your hectic schedule slows down so the diet and exercise is a breeze. Then the semester starts and its like things slooowly (or quickly ha) go back to the way they were and you're back at square 1.

This challenge is for anyone who is still in school and struggles with keeping up with everything that goes on during the semester and keeping the weight off. I think it would be a great idea for everyone to get together on here to have weekly check-ins (on fridays) and just for the moral support!

My semester starts this upcoming monday (8/25) so I think this friday would be a great time to have the first check in!

Come on..it'll be fun! :happy:
  • im deffinetely in!
    i got back this sunday, im going to try really hard to make better food choices this year haha. my main goal is to stay away from the dessert area... most of the time.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Count on me!! this is my first year at college so i hope i don't gain the "freshman 15"
  • Awesome!:happy:
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Awesome!:happy:

i'm in!!! i just started my last year, and along with classes i will also have student teaching. i need to stay on track because i've been working so hard on staying healthy!!!
  • Awesome!:happy:

i'm in!!! i just started my last year, and along with classes i will also have student teaching. i need to stay on track because i've been working so hard on staying healthy!!!

Glad to have ya! :flowerforyou:
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Me Too? Third year grad student and busy mom...trying to get back in shape.
  • Me Too? Third year grad student and busy mom...trying to get back in shape.

Eeks, grad school and being a mommy.. welcome! :smile: What are you studying?
  • jlwhelan1
    Me Too? Third year grad student and busy mom...trying to get back in shape.

Thanks.:happy:
    Chemistry.:wink:
  • Me Too? Third year grad student and busy mom...trying to get back in shape.

Thanks.:happy:
    Chemistry.:wink:

Wow! Thats awesome..I'm starting Organic II this semester and am kinda excited cause I actually enjoyed Organic I ! Its probably nothing compared to your curriculum though, I bet hahaha.
  • jlwhelan1

Wow! Thats awesome..I'm starting Organic II this semester and am kinda excited cause I actually enjoyed Organic I ! Its probably nothing compared to your curriculum though, I bet hahaha.

I hope you enjoy it. Just stay on top of it and you'll be fine:smile:
  • laine23
    laine23 Posts: 39
    I'm in!!!!
    I'll be on my last year of majoring in cinema and creative writing.
    I've put on like 20 pounds like year and I definitly need to get healthier!!!! (and fit in my clothes again!!!!)
  • I'm in!!!!
    I'll be on my last year of majoring in cinema and creative writing.
    I've put on like 20 pounds like year and I definitly need to get healthier!!!! (and fit in my clothes again!!!!)

welcome! :happy:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    I graduated 2 summers ago.
    I started to turn on the fitness my last year/ year and a half.
    What helped me was keeping a healthy meal schedule, even if it was bad food (ie hot dogs, easy mac, top ramen/maruchen)
    This helps esp during weekends, eat before you go out to parties etc, not only will you drink less, but you'll be less likely to get munchies later on.
    Also, my school gave out planners to its students, which helped me schedule everything; classes, hw and work outs at the gym.
    Setting up a weekly schedule helped me a lot.
    I knew when I would be doing hw and I made time for the gym.

Hope theres some advice in there somewhere
  • I graduated 2 summers ago.
    I started to turn on the fitness my last year/ year and a half.
    What helped me was keeping a healthy meal schedule, even if it was bad food (ie hot dogs, easy mac, top ramen/maruchen)
    This helps esp during weekends, eat before you go out to parties etc, not only will you drink less, but you'll be less likely to get munchies later on.
    Also, my school gave out planners to its students, which helped me schedule everything; classes, hw and work outs at the gym.
    Setting up a weekly schedule helped me a lot.
    I knew when I would be doing hw and I made time for the gym.

Hope theres some advice in there somewhere

Thanks, awesome tips!
  • I've had a really good week exercise and eating wise! :happy: Its probably because I really want good numbers at the first check in! I love challenges like this because it keeps me accountable and motivated! Hope everyone is having a great week!
  • JayEm47
    JayEm47 Posts: 49
    hey im in! im moving back down to school tomorrow but i dont start classes till sept. 2. hopefully this will keep me motivated and on track with my new busy schedule! :smile:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Whoooooa! ME!

I'm going to be a 3rd year student, changing my major from History to Dietetics (so hopefully that will help lol)

During my first two years of school I gained 40 lbs, I've officially lost 44 lbs, meaning I'm currently lighter than when I entered my freshman year and wearing pants 2 sizes smaller than when I first left for college. I'D LIKE TO KEEP IT THAT WAY!!! Plus I want to lose 16 lbs more... as much of that as possible before my birthday (9/27) and then maintain maintain maintain!

Ann--this was such a great idea!
  • Wow my birthday is 9/28! :wink: This should be fun! Welcome all!
  • jlwhelan1
    When is first check in?
This discussion has been closed.