Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

College Challenge - Fall 2008

Replies

• jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    So school has officially started for me and let me tell ya temptation is EVERYWHERE. I have been doing very well on the eating plan of course..but I have been somewhat neglecting the excercise because I haven't been able to get my booty outta bed before my 8 30 biochemistry class. I was thinking however, that I could use this week to just really eat clean and see how much that effects my weight loss..sometimes I over exercise and that causes me to lose water weight and not actual weight...so it gets kind of misleading. So far it has been interesting..but I will fill ya'll in on friday!! Also I ordered Jillian Michael's 30 day shread dvd to start the 30 day shread challenge on here so..the exercise will officially start up again monday..its only 20 min. a day so I must stick to it!
    I totally could've binged yesterday but I didn't because I knew I would feel like crap afterwards and NOT want to hit the books..which isn't a good thing considering my agenda of biochemistry, organic chem II, and cellular biology :grumble: ..so yeah things have been okay!

Sorry for the long update..just wanted to post b/c I haven't been on the boards since school started..hope everyone has a great week..and I'll talk to ya'll on friday :flowerforyou:

You can do it. Although your classes are not the same, they at least cover different aspects of similar topics (although you might not see it at first) You seem motivated enough to do GREAT. :happy:

I'm done with classes but studying for an oral exam, mentoring a terrific high school researcher two afternoons a week and teaching an advanced lab two-four hour sessions at night.
    I MUST kick up my exercise schedule, my eating is great. However, I know my body well enough by now to know I need more exercise. I get about 30-45 minutes a day but I need 60+ and some weights thrown in once or twice a week. I'm hoping to get into a routine. Problem is, exercise time cuts into family time and I have two children, 8 & 9 years old....I'm working on it.
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    OK
    This week, loss = 0 lbs.
    That's net weight.
    My scale was a roller coaster this week.
    TOM and many many many meetings gearing up for school which involved food. Then a potluck at my children's school......
    I think I did okay to get through at the same place I started.

How is everyone else. I know I'm feeling pressure and stress.
  • Height: 5'3
    Beginning weight 130 lbs
    Beginning challenge weight 120 lbs
    End of challenge weight goal 113 lbs
    Loss/gain this week : 0.2 lbs

Eh, better than nothing right? Overall a very good week dietwise..I just started the 30 day shred last night so we shall see how this next week goes.

Yay for a three day weekend..which in my case is a study weekend because professors are evil. but nonetheless yay!

:flowerforyou:
  • Steffykins
    Steffykins Posts: 176
    So starting weight this week was 134.8lbs, as of this morning I was 132lbs exactly.

Woo hoo, that's a loss of 2.8lbs, I'm losing all the water weight I gained last week. My real success this week was when I went shopping for new jeans and squeezed myself into a size 10 (US 8 I think)!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!
  • dancer33
    dancer33 Posts: 114 Member
    Starting Weight: 140
    Current Weight: 131
    Goal Weight: 120

This is my first week posting! Hopefully I'll have a loss to report next week!
  • Oh guys. I just have to type this because I feel like I have to keep myself accountable even when I don't want to. I totally gave into stress and binged today. I'll be happy if I maintain by friday's weigh in. Gah I hate school!!!!

Hope everyone is doing better than me!
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Oh guys. I just have to type this because I feel like I have to keep myself accountable even when I don't want to. I totally gave into stress and binged today. I'll be happy if I maintain by friday's weigh in. Gah I hate school!!!!

Hope everyone is doing better than me!

Dont feel bad

I gave myself a week off from tracking the week before school started, as a mini vacation and I gained like 4 lbs. it was pathetic. :(

so NEW starting weight for the challenge 178
    GOAL by New Years: 155
    Goal loss: 23 lbs
    lbs per week to lose 1.4
  • bb4238a
    bb4238a Posts: 8 Member
    Hello all,

Starting my SENIOR year, woohoo...Found this thread after I totally fell off the wagon Labor Day weekend (weekend away with the boyfriend, drinks before dinner...breakfast at the B&B, ugh...lol)

Starting weight is now- 140
    Goal weight- 125
    Lbs to lose- 15

Class schedule is super funky, and I'm working at my internship three days a week...I've had a serious problem in the past with only eating sporadically, or only at night which means I ate TOO much when I finally got around to making myself something. I'm going to start bringing some healthy snacks to campus...

Wish me luck, I have work until 1 and then classes until 11pm, :grumble:
  • jill927
    Starting Weight 178
    9/5/08 175
    Loss 3 lbs!

lbs left: 20
  • Height 4'11"
    start weight: 117
    current weight: 114.5
    weight lost this week: +.5 lbs
    goal weight: 105 lbs (BMI of 21)

Been sick all week, but still having to put in 14 hour days at school. Ugh! Next week will be better
  • Height 5'3"
    start weight: 130
    current weight: 120.0
    weight lost this week: 0
    goal weight: 113 lbs (BMI of 20)

:indifferent: :grumble: :cry:
  • bb4238a
    Height: 5'4"
    Starting weight: 140

This week: 139!

Slowly but surely....:happy:
  • Height: 5'4"
    Starting weight: 140

This week: 139!

Slowly but surely....:happy:

Great job!
  • jill927
    Height 5'8''
    Starting Weight 178
    Goal 155
    9/5/08 175 (-3)
    9/12/08 173 (-2)

Total lbs lost for Challenge: 5
    lbs left to lose: 18
  • Another maintain this week..school is kicking me hard in the rear.
  • Got over the flu, got sinus infection...finally went and got meds. Weight maintained. I did get three hard core workouts in...whoo hooo.
  • I'm not loowing either my accounting student job takesme a lot of time. But this student job will soon be over so I'll have the opportunity to exercize and not be tired because of the one hour ride to go there and same thing to come back
  • Is there room for one more? I would love to join!
  • bb4238a
    I really don't know how this happened, but I weighed myself after this weekend...135, 4 lbs in about 2 weeks?

I'm still sticking to the recommended # of calories a day, and I don't even feel hungry, yaaay! :smile:
  • jill927
    Is there room for one more? I would love to join!

Sure! Power in numbers!
This discussion has been closed.