royal wedding..who's watching?

Options

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It's the only thing on in the US!

I actually got a little teary seeing William all dressed up and looking nervous!

Phillippa looks gorgeous, too!

Katherine should be at the Abbey any second now!!
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    In the UK unfortunately its the ONLY thing on.....TV; Radio; in shops....eek
    Am trying to avoid it but it seems to be EVERYWHERE!!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    aww Kate looks lovely!
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I'm in London...I just turned on the tv 6 minutes ago...and it's on nearly every channel...so yes, I am watching it...

I'm glad she went for a very understated dress. I was expecting a massive train but she looks exquisite.

Aww....alright, it's pretty darn sweet.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I was curious to see her dress, I remember everyone at work crowding round a small portable TV to see her Diana emerge from the car (was it really all those years ago?!) but didn't know what time we the wedding was.

I switched the TV on about two minutes before she got out of the car, how's that for great timing! :D
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I work in a call centre which is in a mall, when i came through the mall this morning they had chairs and a large television set up in the atrirum. Also, someone on night shift must have been watching it on their break, as it is on in the TV room (beside me) i can hear all the music through the door, but that is it.
    I am tired of hearing about it anyway. Let's get it overwith and let them get started on their lives. But then for the next week, all we will be hearing is highlights.
    I was a little baby when his Mother got married, i do admit it is a shame she could not be here today, but still i am tired of hearing of it.
    Not beaing snarky, just >sigh< is it over yet?, like the flower girl at my sister's wedding, half way through the show she turned to her mom (another bridesmaid) and said "can we go home now?" poor kid :)
  • Beth_M217
    Options
    I wouldn't miss it!
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Me - and I'm crying like a baby!! :sad: :sad: :bigsmile:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :heart: Yes! My eyes are glued to the telly! Kate is rocking her beautiful dress! Her prince is a lucky guy!:heart:
  • darblij
    darblij Posts: 89
    Options
    Loving it.....Diana would have been proud!
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm watching it in work, I think they've done a really good job of putting it together fairly modestly. Didn't think I was interested in it until I started watching lol
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    I love the trees!!! I think that is so creative and beautiful!
  • nykdem
    nykdem Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Watching it with glass of bubbly in hand. Raising a toast to Princess diana x
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I love the trees!!! I think that is so creative and beautiful!

Beuatiful touch and really warms up the cavernous, stone Abbey!
  • shiggity
    shiggity Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm unemployed and up. LOL.
  • SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Only got to see some of it, now I'm multitasking...MFP, Royal wedding and a bit of paperwork here at work lol
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Me too! Loved it. They really looked happy and in love. Congrats. to all you Brits.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Yes I watched the whole things....It was a very beautiful ceremony...
    I wish them all the best>>>>
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i was only going to watch for a few minutes to see her dress, but got sucked right into it and watched the whole thing, apparently i cry at royal weddings too (lots) kate looked beautiful, wills looked handsome, harry needed a haircut, pippa was in a stunning dress and captured the attention of most of the uks male population (a lot wouldn't turn her mother down either), looked like the queen nodded off and princesses beatrice and eugine made some "interesting" fashion choices. was gutted had to leave for work before the balcony scene but hey ho
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i was only going to watch for a few minutes to see her dress, but got sucked right into it and watched the whole thing, apparently i cry at royal weddings too (lots) kate looked beautiful, wills looked handsome, harry needed a haircut, pippa was in a stunning dress and captured the attention of most of the uks male population (a lot wouldn't turn her mother down either), looked like the queen nodded off and princesses beatrice and eugine made some "interesting" fashion choices. was gutted had to leave for work before the balcony scene but hey ho

I could've said exactly the same!! Except I don't have to go to work:smile:

Hope you're not too busy :flowerforyou: