*Snowflakes to Sunshine* Discussion Week #17 4.29.11

Options
Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
Hello Snowflakes....well I can't really call us that anymore. But you know what I mean lol. Another week has come and gone, a lot of us battling different things...and many of us with little victories...this week I want us to really chat it up on the board, there are fewer and fewer of us checking in, but I would really like for those of us that do to chat it up! Talk about your daily "highs and lows", get some advice or some praise! Let's make this last few weeks awesome ones!

Replies

• givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    I literally gave up this week :ohwell: . I decided that I couldn't live at 1100-1400 net calories a day for the rest of my life :noway: , and since I hadn't lost any real weight for about 6 weeks, I was just going to accept it, raise my calorie intake to near maintenance level, and just concentrate on muscle development and general health. I figured, "I'm in a healthy weight BMI, why not just accept this as my new norm and go on?" On Wednesday and Thursday I ate about 1800 calories net, and lost about 2 pounds! :smooched:

Some of it could be water I was still retaining from TOM, but I think (hope) that I broke through the plateau and will be able to lose these last 12 pounds now. I sure would ike to see my abdominal muscles :wink:

I hope everyone else does well this week!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Gained 1.8 lbs this week. Mostly from the past 2 days, cause I was lower on Tuesday. I look forward to being on the board more this week, but I'm dabbling in entrepreneurship (as always), and hoping to follow through this time, so I'm on and off all the time, but I will put in more effort to give support here, and thank you to the members that support me as well, even while I'm away. :smooched:
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Good morning Sunshine Faces...

At week 17, I'm sure you're all tired of hearing about my same old number, so I won't bore you with that. This week, another 2" off the body! Between last week and this week, another 1/4" off bust, hips, waist, arms and thighs. I'm very particular about where I measure and make sure I measure the same location every week, i.e placing the tape measure on a fading scar on my thigh, my navel waist, the space right under my tattoo on my arm, etc.. At first I doubted that I was losing inches until I've started wearing a skirt here and a pair of pants that didn't even button when I was 10 lbs. lighter. So I look at it this way, whenever the scale decides to give me a real break, then I will should be even smaller when I weigh less than the last time I was close to 200.

My graduation is in two weeks and I'm excited because I have to take my dress for alterations. The waist is baggy :)
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    :heart: bump... I really need to do this for me..

Kay, I read your message/quote on my wall and it really hit me...I can't give up on me. Thanks girl, I need that:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Krys_T
    Options
    :heart: bump... I really need to do this for me..

Kay, I read your message/quote on my wall and it really hit me...I can't give up on me. Thanks girl, I need that:flowerforyou: :heart:

Absolutely girl! I know how it is to feel like wanting to give up and you just can't do it! You are too close to your victory.
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • gwen933
    gwen933 Posts: 81
    Options
    I all but gave up a couple of weeks ago and when I actually managed to maintain the 6 pounds I had lost I decided to get back on the weight loss wagon and hit it hard. All week I have drank my water, cut the diet soda out, and exercised. I lost 1 pound between Monday and today. Not bad. This weekend I have made it my goal to get out in the yard and do some yardwork, take the kids to the park and just move. No couch sitting for me. I WANT THIS!! So this is it. No more turning back and going in the wrong direction. I will hit my weight loss goal and then maintain it for the rest of my life. This is what I want and this is what I will do!!!!!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Hello girls! I've had a pretty good week. I had a couple of bumps in the road thanks to Easter, but I managed to take off what I gained plus a little extra. I've lost a little over 5 lbs in a little over 2 weeks which I am ecstatic about! It's almost time for me to change up my eating plan, but I am going to continue for a couple of more days with what I am doing now because of my indiscretions. :blushing: Although I am loving the way I am eating now, I can't wait to add in some different foods. I think that may jump start another good loss. We shall see.

I'll come back later and comment on others posts.
  • simplyxaddicted
    simplyxaddicted Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hello girlies :)

I havent weighed myself this morning because we are moving and my scales are packed away lol ... Ill have to weigh myself at my mothers...
    I am not expecting major changes this week because This 3 week plateau is just making my expectations to see a loss on the scale very low... But I am not giving up ...Heckk nooo I still have another 25 pounds to go ..

I did some calculations on an online calculator and its says If I lose one pound a week I will get to my goal by October 24th 2011 ... ahh Thats so far away lol
    But If i lose 2 pounds a week I will lose 25 pounds by july 24th 2011...Which is perfect.. I have to attend a wedding that day!!
    Gonna get my butt moving... Heres to seeing a loss on the scale next week:drinker:
  • Pretty1one
    Pretty1one Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello Sunshines

Like I said in the weight in treat I think I got lucky this week with TOM arriving earlier then expected
    That didn't make me all psyched and I think the calcium has helped me a lot too. No major PMS symptoms

Lost - 1.8lbs
    9.6lbs to go (my original goal of 50lbs)

I haven't biked at all (that was one of my goals) because the weather has been nice and tennis season is around the corner.
    Competitions start in 2 weeks( no I'm not this awesome player, I'm just a club player involved in team tennis)
    I'm also gardening this week but I'm not counting the calories because it isn't that much (Just some weeding) and I'm drinking a lot of liquids (teas, water, flavored water etc)

Now a little pep talk (hope you don't mind)
    For those thinking about giving up. Please DO NOT. This is something you're doing for yourself and YOU ARE A VERY IMPORTANT PERSON. You DESERVE to FEEL GOOD and LOOK GOOD and live a longer & healthier life. LOVE YOURSELF.
    You can't give up on someone you love. AGAIN LOVE YOURSELF.

I read once here someone referring to a book someone wrote this comparison (I'm not sure if I'm not repeating myself either) This is just like a GPS. When you program a destination in your GPS and by some reason you take a wrong exit, the GPS will redirect you to your destination and not keep you in the wrong way forever. The GPS don't give up on you and let you be lost. If one day you gave into the cravings do not toss everything you did so far to start again tomorrow. If you take a wrong exit you're not going to drive all day long just to see where u r going, are u? Take the next exit (Meal) and do it right again.

Stay strong, girls!!!

Wish you all a fantastic week
    :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou:
    Rosie
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Good morning Sunshine Faces...

At week 17, I'm sure you're all tired of hearing about my same old number, so I won't bore you with that. This week, another 2" off the body! Between last week and this week, another 1/4" off bust, hips, waist, arms and thighs. I'm very particular about where I measure and make sure I measure the same location every week, i.e placing the tape measure on a fading scar on my thigh, my navel waist, the space right under my tattoo on my arm, etc.. At first I doubted that I was losing inches until I've started wearing a skirt here and a pair of pants that didn't even button when I was 10 lbs. lighter. So I look at it this way, whenever the scale decides to give me a real break, then I will should be even smaller when I weigh less than the last time I was close to 200.

My graduation is in two weeks and I'm excited because I have to take my dress for alterations. The waist is baggy :)

Yeah girl, so proud of you! That is great, I am the same way with the scale...my body is stubborn, but when I know I am fitting a size smaller or people compliment my progress...that is what matters to me. If I allowed the scale to determine my rude, I would be one mad woman LOL. Good for you...and congrats on the graduation coming up...very wonderful accomplishment!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Hello Sunshines

Like I said in the weight in treat I think I got lucky this week with TOM arriving earlier then expected
    That didn't make me all psyched and I think the calcium has helped me a lot too. No major PMS symptoms

Lost - 1.8lbs
    9.6lbs to go (my original goal of 50lbs)

I haven't biked at all (that was one of my goals) because the weather has been nice and tennis season is around the corner.
    Competitions start in 2 weeks( no I'm not this awesome player, I'm just a club player involved in team tennis)
    I'm also gardening this week but I'm not counting the calories because it isn't that much (Just some weeding) and I'm drinking a lot of liquids (teas, water, flavored water etc)

Now a little pep talk (hope you don't mind)
    For those thinking about giving up. Please DO NOT. This is something you're doing for yourself and YOU ARE A VERY IMPORTANT PERSON. You DESERVE to FEEL GOOD and LOOK GOOD and live a longer & healthier life. LOVE YOURSELF.
    You can't give up on someone you love. AGAIN LOVE YOURSELF.

I read once here someone referring to a book someone wrote this comparison (I'm not sure if I'm not repeating myself either) This is just like a GPS. When you program a destination in your GPS and by some reason you take a wrong exit, the GPS will redirect you to your destination and not keep you in the wrong way forever. The GPS don't give up on you and let you be lost. If one day you gave into the cravings do not toss everything you did so far to start again tomorrow. If you take a wrong exit you're not going to drive all day long just to see where u r going, are u? Take the next exit (Meal) and do it right again.

Stay strong, girls!!!

Wish you all a fantastic week
    :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou:
    Rosie

Absolutely awesome words Rosie! This is so true, we cannot afford to give up on ourselves because we all deserve this level of happiness and health that our new lifestyle will bring to us! And good job to you girly...you are awesome!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hello Sunshines :flowerforyou:

I totally forgot today was Friday, Weigh in. Right now Im in sort of a funk. The last 3 or 4 days my weight has been all over the place from 153 to 154.6 and now today 152.6. So I will weigh in on Sunday for my official weight.

I have started this journey being on an average of 1200 calories and not eating back any of my exercised calories. I'm changing that up, I've started to eat back my exercised calories. I'll see how that goes for a month.

I didn't get a chance to read anyones post yet. I'm running out the door soon to go shopping. I'll be back later

Have a Wonderful Day Ladies
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Awesome attitude this week ladies! I see that a lot of you are ready to kick butt this week and Rev It Up! Awesome...some great losses so far this week. I will say this...I notice that we always know when we are not giving 100%, so let's pledge together today to give it 100% this upcoming week, EVERYDAY and see what results come out of it. I am feeling positive vibes and great results.

For me, I have been wanting to throw the scale out of the window LOL. I am up and down, up and down. But I know that my eating has been wonky lately! And I am totally one of those people that HAS to do both: workout and eat right. I missed Saturday, Sunday and Monday working out, so I know that had an effect on things. But you know what...I am ready to kick some butt. I know I am retaining some water,so hopefully that will be done and over with soon.

I am in week 6 of TurboFire and still absolutely loving it! Like I said before, no more missing days for me. I am going full force until the end of this challenge because I owe it to myself. I have dedicated a lot of time to it and I want to succeed, just as much as you all are!

So here is to our success ladies....Because WE ARE WORTH IT :drinker:
  • Suzeesmu
    Suzeesmu Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I gained again.....

I have no more control on food.... and can't get myself to exercise.... blah.... SO sick of this stupid snow and weather in general......
    I need some sunshine to raise my spirit! The sun is shining today so will go for a long walk later!

Chantal:flowerforyou:
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Lw:189
    CW:184.4

Previous week I might had water gain. I think I lost that and also I have included strength training, also modified my diet to include protein and vegetables. I think this has influenced. I am happy about it. Earlier in the week, I weighed 182.2 and today it might be due to last night late meal and bloated tummy. I will keep checking during the weekend.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I decided that I couldn't live at 1100-1400 net calories a day for the rest of my life :noway: , and since I hadn't lost any real weight for about 6 weeks, I was just going to accept it, raise my calorie intake to near maintenance level, and just concentrate on muscle development and general health. I figured, "I'm in a healthy weight BMI, why not just accept this as my new norm and go on?" On Wednesday and Thursday I ate about 1800 calories net, and lost about 2 pounds! :smooched:

I'm seeing this story regularly -- you stick to a really low goal for a while with significant exercise, and just don't lose. Great the way you got out of it, because your reasoning makes *complete* sense to me. If you "have" to maintain, well, you might as well eat at maintenance level.

My own story seems to tell me that too much stress on the body is not conductive to weight loss. Exercise has to be just as proportionate as eating.

The other story I see with regularity is like @leandred's -- losing inches but not many pounds. It makes me REALLY thoughtful because ultimately it's all about becoming smaller by losing *fat*, not weight. And while I've done beyond all expectations on the weight, I feel I should do better on the muscle development and fat loss.

I've also been hesitant about goals. I never really imagined I could get to like 150 pounds, but now at about 162 this seems entirely within reach. So I'm putting down goals for the mid-term, finally...

- Weight-wise, get into the 140s. Somewhere in the middle or low range. (My BMI threshold for "normal" weight is 145 lbs.)
    - More importantly, reduce the fat around the middle. I used to have a *waist*, but despite losing 65 pounds and reducing my overall inches, my waist to hip ratio has actually gone *up* (that is, I've lost more around my hips than my waist). Right now, I measure bust-waist-hips something like 40-35-40, and want to get below 32 inches. That also would put my waist-to-height ratio at below 50%, where it should be.
    - Body fat percentage. No idea if I can trust the scales we have, which currently show me at somewhere between 33 and 35%, depending on the day. But 30% is a first goal I want to reach.

In other news, I bought a lovely bike last Saturday http://www.konaworld.com/bike.cfm?content=sutra and have done a few short rides (8-13 miles) on it. It needs a different saddle, some adjustments, probably different pedals etc, but I love it!