Pisses me off....

Options
chrisyoung0422
chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
A lil rant for this mentally foggy Friday morning....

Ok so,

All I am hearing is ROYAL WEDDING!!!! RW!!!

It is annoying as H3ll and I do not see why people care so much over here. It would be one thing if this was an american marriage but it is not. Nothing against any of you who live on the other side of the drink but come on.

All the press, media and overall energy in our country spent on this wedding. I am a lil dumb founded really.

And to me the worst part.

In this country right now we have storms that have killed 300+ people and the news has come second to the RW. :explode:

I also do not think it is cool at all to waste this media and energy on the RW in the US when that could be focused on helping this states that have been ripped apart by what is easily a record setting natural disaster.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their families. I could not imagine the street I live on being literally gone at the snap of finger. :brokenheart:

Replies

• Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Agreed, but why waste energy on fretting about it.
  • KayLeigh6710
    Options

Agreed also... but yes, why waste your time worrying about it..... I think its ridiculous.... it most certainly is not ruining my day or even a thought in my mind while at work.
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    I see your point! Its a big thing here (im in the UK) but i will say, we all know about the US news, we are all thinking of all effected! I understand the frustration but it doesnt make sense - the media never makes sense!
  • desi516
    desi516 Posts: 1
    Options
    Regardless it is history in the making and will be in your childrens History books
  • chrisyoung0422
    Options

Agreed also... but yes, why waste your time worrying about it..... I think its ridiculous.... it most certainly is not ruining my day or even a thought in my mind while at work.

It does and will not ruin my day. Its Friday and the weather is looking good!

More or less an observation splashed with opinion. :glasses:
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have to agree with you. Let's get back to life here in the USA. Have a great day.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel bad for the media. Admittedly I think of CNN and "All Chicken Little...all the time" but imagine their position. Half the people think they should cover the tornadoes and the other complains they can't see the Royal Wedding.

Yeah...perhaps the coverage is a bit excessive, but what more can they cover regarding the tornadoes?
  • artvandalay
    Options
    Well, this could be one of those "once in a lifetime" occurances. I was a kid when Princess Di & Charles got married, but I was very young, so I don't remember it.

So who knows when this will happen again? I don't mind the coverage and all the hoopla. I'm not into British Royalty at all, but I think this is really cool, and I love the fact that they are actually in love, not like Di & Charles who hardly knew each other and had a miserable marriage.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I am Canadian and the storms in the US, our canadian election and the Royal Wedding are all getting a lot of time in the media. The pictures of those tornados are terrifying and my thoughts have been with the people in those areas.

I admit to enjoying some highlights from the wedding but did not get up in the night to watch it haha. I think the royal life is interesting but will also be glad when the hype calms down. I enjoy 'happy' news.
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    I musty Say...Im glad to hear about the royal wedding rather than News about War and Destruction or tornados...Depressinggg...its either the Royal Wedding or Spongebob for meee! hehe
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I could care less one way or the other about the wedding and don't even care about the dress. However I think with the wars, earth quakes, tsunami, tornadoes, nuclear meltdown threats and on and on... I think it gives some people something positive to focus on
  • chrisyoung0422
    Options
    Sometimes I feel bad for the media. Admittedly I think of CNN and "All Chicken Little...all the time" but imagine their position. Half the people think they should cover the tornadoes and the other complains they can't see the Royal Wedding.

Yeah...perhaps the coverage is a bit excessive, but what more can they cover regarding the tornadoes?

Not as much the coverage as just the raw man hours that have went into the coverage. I also do not think the coverage was sufficent to point where people really understand the devistation beyond the body count....
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    I slept right through it, though I wish them well and hope that all of the attention they'll be getting for the rest of their lives keeps them together and doesn't break them apart.

As for the crisis in the Midwest, I'm glad that Foxnews kept it at the top of their page because that's a more pressing matter for us in the U.S.
  • skinnyjeans13
    Options
    I see your point and completely understand you, but sometimes it's nice to take your mind off all the BAD news and enjoy something happy and fun... it's only a couple hours of one morning... if you don't like it, change the channel!

We all have to deal with things like that... When it's US presidential election time, pretty much all of Canada is forced to watch the coverage. Major events, things that make history, they need to be marked whether they are found frivolous or not!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I thought that for a minute too, but then figured it gives the media something positive to report about. Luckily I don't watch much tv anyway and it was nice to see a happy young couple get married after 9 years of being together.

There will unfortunately always be floods, tornados and people dying to report about. Not everyday does someone become a Princess. Or will she be Queen? Is Prince Charles not going to take the King title?
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    All i cared about was what kate's dress looked like. After that i was done :)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I am curious. So the people who WANT to focus on the wedding are...bad? Inconsiderate?

That is like saying I could not go to a movie because there was a tsunami in Japan.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    The freedom of the internet allows you filter out news stories you don't want to know about. That has some good and bad points to it, but it is what it is.

My point is, I don't know those people...so why should I care about their wedding? The only reason I know about it is pop culture and general conversation. Other than that, I've done a good job of keeping it out of my life.
  • chrisyoung0422
    Options
    I am curious. So the people who WANT to focus on the wedding are...bad? Inconsiderate?

That is like saying I could not go to a movie because there was a tsunami in Japan.

Not at all what I was saying.. but thanks...
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree. I honestly don't care about the wedding at all and have been shunned because of it...