Want to Lose 10 Pounds in May?

Options

Replies

• BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Well it is Friday and we are headed into the 2nd week-end since we started this challenge. So everyone need to pay attention to your calories and get a good workout in each day.

My starting weight for the challenge was 250. todays weigh-in 245 that is 5 down so far. Praise the Lord!!

Don't get in the habit of loosing a pound or two through the week only to gain them back on the week end.

Have a great weekend!!!
  • 1ArmyMom1
    1ArmyMom1 Posts: 94
    Options
    Good morning... my starting weight at the beginning of the challenge was 183.3... today's weigh-in = 180.0. 3.3 lbs so far with this challenge... but more importantly that's my 10 lb mark since starting on April 19. YAY!!
    Good luck to everyone and have a great (healthy) weekend!!
  • bmw_bloch
    bmw_bloch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am somewhat frustrated ... although I finished about 400 cal below my already low target of 1400 every day, did serious sports 5 times a week and did not have any excess nutrition like sugars, carb or fat ... I actually gained weight compared to the previous week. I don´t understand.
  • 1ArmyMom1
    Options
    Possibly fat turning to muscle? Eating below 1200 calories a day (for women anyway, don't know if it's a little higher for men) can put your body in starvation mode and actually be counter-effective.
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My start weight was 176.6 today it is 173.8. Woo Hoo:smile:
  • kristidann
    kristidann Posts: 42
    Options
    You are probably gaining muscle that will help you burn more fat in the long run. Keep up the good work. You might start taking your body measurements so you can see the inches coming off. It's a great motivator when you feel stuck. I only lost two pounds this week, but I have lost 2 inches in my waist and 1 1/2 off my hips in the last 10 days!
  • kristidann
    kristidann Posts: 42
    Options
    Starting weight was 247

Today's weight is 244

3 lbs lost so far
  • MissKash
    MissKash Posts: 132
    Options
    down 3.4 lb so far... a work in progress.
  • bmw_bloch
    bmw_bloch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    After today's heavy duty gardening work MFP tells me I'd be down to 72 kg in 5 weeks if Imkept going ;-) well painting the wooden deck is next if weather permits.
  • serendipityrr
    serendipityrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am down 7.6 lbs now. I lost 2 this week....

2.4 more to go....to get to the 10lb goal.

:bigsmile:
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I lost two pounds this week, Might just make 10lb lost in May afterall!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I finally made it below 190! Haven't seen this weight since early 2008. Down a total of 4.6 pounds for the first half of this month despite having both my kids birthday's, mother's day and a birthday party. The last half of this month should be a lot easier for me and 5.4 pounds is well within my capabilities. Hope everyone else is doing great!
  • eve180
    eve180 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My start weight was 221 lbs. Current weight is 216.5 lbs. I am down 4.5 pounds with 2 weeks to go. I would love to lose 10 lbs but what ever I lose I will be happy. I have almost reached my personal goal 215 lbs. and my second goal is 210 lbs. I have 4 lbs to reach the 10 lbs goal and 5 lbs to reach my second personal goal.
  • stacimusmax
    stacimusmax Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    SW: 168.4 (5/1/11)
    CW: 165.0 (5/15/11)

I am not seeing the results I intended to see at this point. However, my marital problems have gone way beyond any point that I ever had nightmares about. I am seeking courage to continue to do what is best for my mind, body, and soul. That includes God, exercise, and eating right. It is a little hard right now but still trying. In the long run, my biggest desire is for a straight-up 100% only God can-do miracle in my marriage! He is the ultimate Healer!
  • candik
    candik Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Today's weigh in!

Lw: 158

Tw: 155
  • BroDave
    Options
    I am not seeing the results I intended to see at this point. However, my marital problems have gone way beyond any point that I ever had nightmares about. I am seeking courage to continue to do what is best for my mind, body, and soul. That includes God, exercise, and eating right. It is a little hard right now but still trying. In the long run, my biggest desire is for a straight-up 100% only God can-do miracle in my marriage! He is the ultimate Healer!

The stress is the problem with not seeing the results you are looking for. Stay faithful and the Lord will help you through this difficult time.

We are praying for you.
  • BroDave
    Options
    Today I am at the half way point for the month and I started on May 1 at 250 and today I weighed 243 so that is 7 pounds so far this month with 15 days gone and 14 left to lose another 3. I am on target to lose my 10 this month.

As we begin another week, work hard to resist the temptations you face. Stay under your calorie goals and get your burn in. You are all doing really good.
  • stacimusmax
    stacimusmax Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Great job with your progress!
  • 1ArmyMom1
    Options
    SW: 168.4 (5/1/11)
    CW: 165.0 (5/15/11)

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you work your way through this difficult chapter in your life. You seem like a strong woman looking to take control of her life... I'm sure you will come through a happier, healthier you. Best of luck to you!!
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi all..... well, i didnt lose any weight this past friday, and im having a crappy week so i probly wont lose this fri either. i certainly wont be losing 10 in may!! maybe ill shoot for 5!! hows everyone else doing???