What to eat with egg whites in the morning?

2»

Replies

• DisneyMommy
    DisneyMommy Posts: 281 Member
    Wow, thanks again! This has really helped to make my breakfast a more tasty meal. You all are awesome!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    So lately I've been making a little breakfast sandwich that consists of egg whites, turkey bacon, and a whole grain English muffin. Love it! Here's the problem, the turkey bacon. I've been searching the internet and realizing my much loved turkey bacon isn't all that healthy. I'd like to skip bacon altogether. So what other healthy protein do you all pair with egg whites? I'm already eating chicken for either lunch, dinner or both so that one is out. Thanks!

You can find better turkey bacon at whole foods stores...or trader joes. Also, center cut real bacon had way less fat and calories than traditional bacon, but it's a little bit more expensive.

I always use canadian bacon and a spread of laughing cow cheese...yum!
  • dcroft03
    dcroft03 Posts: 1
    I eat 1 slice of low sodium bacon and my hubby eats 2 Kroger brand turkey sausage links. When compared to the amt of carbs, fat, and protein that we try to balance at each meal, both of these work. No bread at all!

Also, protein pancakes with oatmeal, cottage cheese, egg white, and some vanilla & spices is a great breakfast. You don't even need any kind of syrup--maybe sugar free or fresh fruit.
This discussion has been closed.