Success Stories:) (ZUMBA)

Options

Replies

• mariahruby
    mariahruby Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I did Zumba for almost 3 months (like 2 1/2 months) it helped me loose a good 17-18 lbs.

that is awesome!! :)
  • mariahruby
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread!! I started taking Zumba classes about 2 months ago and am starting to see some muscle definition and a slow weight loss, but it mostly I just love doing it and have a good time, so it makes me exercise more! I am really glad to hear about other people having success with their fitness goals from doing Zumba.

And good luck to you on your fitness journey!!!:bigsmile:

it definitely is a good time. i like that i go more to have fun than to lose weight:)
  • katrcortez
    katrcortez Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a Zumba fan as well! I have been doing it for a while but just really started a serious disciplined plan with weight loss/Zumba this week, and have already lost 5 pounds! I will try to go to about 3 Zumba classes a week. The instructors told us that Zumba will help you burn between 600-1200 calories a session! Wow! Of course, it all has to do with the effort you put into it. I love the class and it kills me every time!
  • mariahruby
    Options
    Hello! I am a Zumba fan as well! I have been doing it for a while but just really started a serious disciplined plan with weight loss/Zumba this week, and have already lost 5 pounds! I will try to go to about 3 Zumba classes a week. The instructors told us that Zumba will help you burn between 600-1200 calories a session! Wow! Of course, it all has to do with the effort you put into it. I love the class and it kills me every time!

yeah, i wish i could actually know how many calories that it burns. i want a heart rate moniter to get a more accurate result. i put ALLLL my energy in it. i only record a 600 burn, but i feel like its so much more. and it kills me too. i walk out of the class with sweat everywhere. but it means its workin!
  • mannagayle
    mannagayle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba for 3 months and have lost 24lbs, 11 inches and dropped 3 dress sizes since I started. I go to 4 classes a week. I also run and weight train 1-2 days a week. I LOVE Zumba! I am not a small girl and on most nights, the heaviest one in the class. But I work hard and give it my all and endure it better than some of the women half my size. The more you do it, the more you can endure and I am proof! In the beginning I tripped over my feet, had a hard time moving quickly and doing the moves and now I can keep up with the instructor and move a lot faster and better! Stick to it and you will see results, take your measurements because the inches just melt away!
  • msheldon88
    msheldon88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've lost ten pounds so far from zumba and am an addict. I do it 3-4 times a week. Feel free to add me.
  • mariahruby
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba for 3 months and have lost 24lbs, 11 inches and dropped 3 dress sizes since I started. I go to 4 classes a week. I also run and weight train 1-2 days a week. I LOVE Zumba! I am not a small girl and on most nights, the heaviest one in the class. But I work hard and give it my all and endure it better than some of the women half my size. The more you do it, the more you can endure and I am proof! In the beginning I tripped over my feet, had a hard time moving quickly and doing the moves and now I can keep up with the instructor and move a lot faster and better! Stick to it and you will see results, take your measurements because the inches just melt away!

your success is awesomee!!!
  • Raven00
    Raven00 Posts: 67
    Options
    I do zumba 4x a week i do the DVDs right now cause its easier and also walk half a mile 2x a week(when its not so dang hot out)
    I have lost 2pounds so far not sure about inches since I just measured myself today :-)
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have asked for Zumba for my Wii for Mothers Day. But my question is "Being overweight is it going to be too hard for me to do??"
    Please help!
  • chickielou
    chickielou Posts: 47
    Options
    I enjoy zumba, I have the DVDs at home but would prefer to go to a class. My biggest problem is finances. I would prefer to join a gym that had zumba classes but I am limited as the price of petrol here is at $2.21 a litre and I live about 20kms from the closest gym that has zumba

There is someone in the area that does classes but charge $10 per class, which is well out of my reach due to finances. I do find that the Zumba instructors here charge way too much per class and if they maybe reduced it down a bit they would get an even larger group of people coming and more often. Some zumba classes around in the city can charge up to $15 per class which is crazy cos for those prices people may as well join a gym and get the classes and the equipment and other classes all included.
  • chickielou
    chickielou Posts: 47
    Options
    I have asked for Zumba for my Wii for Mothers Day. But my question is "Being overweight is it going to be too hard for me to do??"
    Please help!

Oh wow I didnt know there was a WII zumba disk......how cool.........
  • jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love zumba. I tried to go to classes but the they were so packed. So my bf set up a zumba room for my wii at home and now i zumba there instead of all around the house with wii haha.

I definitely tightened up from zumba. And the best thing is that i can do a full hour of cardio and it only feels like ten minutes.
  • nikkionamission
    Options
    I love zumba, I think it's so much fun!

I use a HRM and find that it doesn't actually burn as many calories as some other classes that I do (BodyStep for example) but I guess that's because it's lower impact. I definitely get sweaty and lower heart rate = higher fat burn according to some on here so it can only be a good thing I think!

:happy:
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!!! I use it as my main source of exercise. I'm sure I have before and after pictures somewhere. I've only been doing it for about 3 months but I can tell I'm losing weight and toning up especially in my abs, thighs, and calves. I do Zumba on the Wii. I was doing 45 min every day but I started gaining weight because it was wayyyy too much exercise for me. I now do it a couple times a week for 45 min or 4 times a week for 25 min. I burn 891lbs so says my HRM. :)
  • mariahruby
    Options
    Please help!

i know that in my area they offer a zumba gold class. and zumba gold is a class for people that find that a normal zumba class is too hard for them. like zumba for beginners. but i don't think that a normal one would be too hard to do. you can always do the moves low impact until you are able to take it up a notch:)
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    Zumba is an awesome workout and you will see results but I think that adding weight training to your routine will help things move faster... Good luck!
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I've been using Zumba as my primary form of exercise since January. I go to classes 3-4 times a week and then do lifting and other light cardio other days. Since January 3rd I've lost 35 lbs and 4 pants sizes! I am a completely uncoordinated person and at first almost gave up because it was so hard. I'm happy I stuck with it because it's a really fun work-out! I generally burn 600 calories from an hour-long class and I give it my all most of the time. I'm still not at a real "after" picture but the first two are me at my highest weight and then the black t-shirt pic was taken 2 weeks ago and the last picture was taken on Monday! I highly recommend Zumba to anybody who asks!!!!

before.jpg

yuck.jpg

newdress.jpg

blackshirt.jpg

On a side note though the instructor of the class you go to makes a HUGE difference. I've been to classes where I left halfway through because I wasn't even breaking a sweat but the classes I regularly go to I'm dripping within the first 5 mins!
  • AngelLittle
    AngelLittle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this thread!!!! I've been considering Zumba (currently doing a fitness combine which is like a boot camp) however I'm not much of a dancer at all and a little shy of going into a class and making a fool of myself. So - has anyone else had this issue? Does it matter and is it worth it in your opinion?
  • mariahruby
    Options
    Thank you for this thread!!!! I've been considering Zumba (currently doing a fitness combine which is like a boot camp) however I'm not much of a dancer at all and a little shy of going into a class and making a fool of myself. So - has anyone else had this issue? Does it matter and is it worth it in your opinion?

honestly, you will not make a fool out of yourself. once you see how into it the instructors get and how everyone is moving around with you.. you won't be embarrassed. everyone is doing the same thing! everyone's in it together!
  • mariahruby
    Options
    I've been using Zumba as my primary form of exercise since January. I go to classes 3-4 times a week and then do lifting and other light cardio other days. Since January 3rd I've lost 35 lbs and 4 pants sizes! I am a completely uncoordinated person and at first almost gave up because it was so hard. I'm happy I stuck with it because it's a really fun work-out! I generally burn 600 calories from an hour-long class and I give it my all most of the time. I'm still not at a real "after" picture but the first two are me at my highest weight and then the black t-shirt pic was taken 2 weeks ago and the last picture was taken on Monday! I highly recommend Zumba to anybody who asks!!!!

before.jpg

yuck.jpg

newdress.jpg

blackshirt.jpg

On a side note though the instructor of the class you go to makes a HUGE difference. I've been to classes where I left halfway through because I wasn't even breaking a sweat but the classes I regularly go to I'm dripping within the first 5 mins!

AMAZING!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!