Success Stories:) (ZUMBA)

Options

Replies

• JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I started going to a zumba class In January this year 3 times a week and I've lost 8 lbs.
  • smccully88
    smccully88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am a firm believer in Zumba. I do it 4 to 5 times a week, and I have lost almost 40 pounds. It is really the only exercise I have been doing! Keep with it! You'll lose inches too so do your meaurements!
  • Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm friggin obsessed with zumba. I signed up for a once a week class and it has grown from there. I now have zumba for the wii that I do several times a week.

Last time I sweat like I do when I do zumba (and i give it my FULL effort), I was 17 and in cheerleading camp, haha. And tell you what- I was in shape then!
  • TJtastic
    TJtastic Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I just started Zumba last week and I freaking LOVE it! Although I do an outside bootcamp twice/week and try to incorporate a weight/strengthening session at least twice a week, Zumba is my at home workout of choice! So far, I've only been able to follow the Activate dvd, but I agree, 45 minutes for that one zooms by. Every single time I think, wait, what? it's over?!

Anyway, one week in, one lb gone!
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I;ve been doign Zumba for about 2 months.. I'm only able to take it once a week or if I;m lucky and find a babysitter twice a week, but during that week Im always working out and doing cardio so this class once a week I know has boosted that weight loss especially when I follow the class with a 30min elliptical ride. Regardless, this class is so much fun, that wither was your getting your sweat on...
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have asked for Zumba for my Wii for Mothers Day. But my question is "Being overweight is it going to be too hard for me to do??"
    Please help!

NOT AT ALL!!!!! There are some plus size girls in my class, and I swear they move better than I do. They carry themselves with confidence, and everyone in those classes are super friendly. You'll come out with some friends for sure,
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I started Zumba in May last year. So one year....first I was only taking it once a week. Then in October I started taking 2 classes weekly & occasionally would drop in for a third. In March I went back to just once a week. I have only missed 2 or 3 classes. Here's my posting from my one year anniversary on MFP yesterday with pics. You can SEE what Zumba helped me to get to. (Of course I do several other activities as well, but Zumba is my constant every week and also running. (But I didn't actually consider myself a runner until a few months ago even though I finished C25K in October.)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/237412-1-year-today-pics-59-lbs-gone
  • thirteenblessings
    Options
    I do Zumba once a week but only recently started getting serious about tracking my calories and eating healthier, so I haven't seen any weight loss benefits from it (yet) but I"m confident I will now that I'm watching my diet. But I love it, it's a fun workout and zaps lots of calories. I know several people who swear by Zumba for big time weight loss. Keep at it!!

P.S. I'm also a C25K grad, love running, but I really enjoy the cross training of my Jillian videos and Zumba :)
  • sweersh
    sweersh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started eating healthy Jan 1st. I just couldn't stand the treadmill and it was too icy/snowy to get out and walk so I took a Zumba class mid Jan and I loved it. I go 3 times a week and it's my main exercise. I do strength training 1 day a week and I walk a few days a week on my 30 min lunch. Otherwise Zumba has been it for me... and I have lost 57 pounds :)

You are truly an inspiration! I am daily new to zumba and I really love it! I'm glad to hear it is possible to lose weight through zumba classes!
  • mmimmi1
    mmimmi1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I try to make it to the Zumba class once or twice a week and do some on Xbox and it's the most fun workout and I love it! I do other stuff though ...but I use it for cardio and they are coming out with another Zumba game for xbox which is gonna be all 'bout the abs ... next month ...can't wait!
  • lisitabonita
    lisitabonita Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    As an instructor, I use it as my main workout because I teach 4+ classes/ week plus class prep time. My HRM says I burn 1000-1400/class. An Instructor works harder in class, because we are exaggerating the moves to help you see them easier, but my students seem to burn 800-1000. I have lost over 40lbs. I don't have pics though, sorry. I really wish I did because I am seeing things shape up nicely. I suggest trying a Zumba Toning class if you want to see quicker results.
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I started logging my food in August of 2011, and started implementing exercise mid September. Mid October, I tried my first Zumba class, and by December I was going at least 3x a week, and sometimes as often as 5-6x a week. Zumba is still my main source of exercise, although that I admit I really need to start some strength training to build more muscle, but I truly credit Zumba with helping me create a more proportional silhouette. I have ALWAYS been bottom heavy, and for the first time in my life, I am able to fit into a "sheath" style dress without having to buy the next size up to fit by massive backside. =/

Before ZUMBA - 239lbs.:
    fatcollageresized.jpg
    2011-07-22_18-33-29_335-1.jpg

After 5 months of ZUMBA:
    2012-03-29_14-21-25_752-1.jpg

After 10 months of ZUMBA - 149lbs:
    CroppedRedDress08_16_12.jpg
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Remember, what happens in Zumba stays in Zumba. (It's a Zumba oath, if you will).
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a Zumba fan as well! I have been doing it for a while but just really started a serious disciplined plan with weight loss/Zumba this week, and have already lost 5 pounds! I will try to go to about 3 Zumba classes a week. The instructors told us that Zumba will help you burn between 600-1200 calories a session! Wow! Of course, it all has to do with the effort you put into it. I love the class and it kills me every time!

yeah, i wish i could actually know how many calories that it burns. i want a heart rate moniter to get a more accurate result. i put ALLLL my energy in it. i only record a 600 burn, but i feel like its so much more. and it kills me too. i walk out of the class with sweat everywhere. but it means its workin!

I have a body media fit and i burn around 700 usually and i am drenched bu the time im done! And i seem to burn more cals when i do it on the carpet, maybe exerting alittle more energy?

I don't go to classes btw, i do xhilarate dvd 60 min
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I have asked for Zumba for my Wii for Mothers Day. But my question is "Being overweight is it going to be too hard for me to do??"
    Please help!

Not at all! I started doing zumba round 260, the hardest part is learning the moves! Once you got them down you will be impressed with how well you keep up with them. Also, i now do the feel it where there are no words you just dance along with them, love this feature on the dvds :)
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i lost 50 pounds doing zumba. its my main work out for cardio but integrating strength training in now. i used to do it 7 days a week but now i do it 4-5 times a week. gotta change it up, dont want my body gettng used to it of course. you can look at my pics of before and after. im not sure how to post so the one i have at xmas with my son was december 2010 and my profile pic is now. its helped me lose and maintain, which ive done for over 1 and 1/2 years. great luck to you.
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Zumba does a body good! Any good cardio will help with your goals, it just helps that Zumba is fun at the same time :)
  • malayabee
    Options
    I took my first Zumba class last night, and I'm hooked! The hour seriously flew by, and I worked up quite a sweat! I have two left feet, and I'm not super active, but I was still able to keep up with the rest of the class. I can't believe I've spent so much time being bored to tears on the treadmill and elliptical! I'm signing up for a Saturday class too!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a Zumba fan as well! I have been doing it for a while but just really started a serious disciplined plan with weight loss/Zumba this week, and have already lost 5 pounds! I will try to go to about 3 Zumba classes a week. The instructors told us that Zumba will help you burn between 600-1200 calories a session! Wow! Of course, it all has to do with the effort you put into it. I love the class and it kills me every time!

yeah, i wish i could actually know how many calories that it burns. i want a heart rate moniter to get a more accurate result. i put ALLLL my energy in it. i only record a 600 burn, but i feel like its so much more. and it kills me too. i walk out of the class with sweat everywhere. but it means its workin!

I have a body media fit and i burn around 700 usually and i am drenched bu the time im done! And i seem to burn more cals when i do it on the carpet, maybe exerting alittle more energy?

I have a BodyMedia Fit also, and when I first started recording my Zumba workouts, I was around 215-220lbs., and I would burn between 550 - 610 in a active/high intensity class. Now that I am 147lbs., I only burn between 420 - 500. I know it seems weird, especially since I am putting in more effort, and am able to do more without feeling like I need to rest, but the fact that I weigh less, means that my body doesn't have to work as hard.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!