For those who are hesitant to give it your all....

skinnydreams
skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
Hi everyone!

I wanted to post my success story when I reached my goal of losing 100lbs, but decided that I better post now! I started my journey to a new healthier me on January 13th of this year. In 6 months of giving this my all, meaning logging every bite, exercising regularly and making healthy choices....I have lost 94 lbs!!!

Had I believed in myself before the way I do now, I don't think I ever would have gotten as heavy as I did. My life has changed so much, I can't even begin to describe the increase in energy I have to play with my kids and fully enjoy my life as opposed to sitting on the sidelines and watching as life passed me by! My self confidence has exploded and I am just such a happy person now, I know now that I will never allow myself to lose control of my weight again! Which is good, because my husband and I decided to start trying for baby #3....and unlike before when I was heavy and it took a while to get pregnant, this time it happened immediately!!!!!!

I have been maintaining my weight, though I have increased my calories a bit for the baby and although I feel nauseous I feel like I can have a really healthy pregnancy and I am so excited! I know what I have to do to fuel my body and feed my growing baby, but I also know that I can stay fit and I don't have to gain 75 lbs, like I did with each of the first two....YIKES!!! So with my doctor keeping me in check, I will continue with my new lifestyle, I couldn't imagine living any other way!!!

So you won't be seeing the scale going down for me for quite a while, but it doesn't scare me....I look forward to a healthy happy pregnancy and I know that I will reach my 100 lb loss after my baby is born!! I just wanted to share my story before I start watching the scale go up ever so slowly over the next 7 months!!!

I wish you all the best of success with your journeys to healthier happier people!!! I'll be keeping an eye on you!!!

Shauna:flowerforyou: (aka Skinnydreams)

Replies

• skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Hi everyone!

I wanted to post my success story when I reached my goal of losing 100lbs, but decided that I better post now! I started my journey to a new healthier me on January 13th of this year. In 6 months of giving this my all, meaning logging every bite, exercising regularly and making healthy choices....I have lost 94 lbs!!!

Had I believed in myself before the way I do now, I don't think I ever would have gotten as heavy as I did. My life has changed so much, I can't even begin to describe the increase in energy I have to play with my kids and fully enjoy my life as opposed to sitting on the sidelines and watching as life passed me by! My self confidence has exploded and I am just such a happy person now, I know now that I will never allow myself to lose control of my weight again! Which is good, because my husband and I decided to start trying for baby #3....and unlike before when I was heavy and it took a while to get pregnant, this time it happened immediately!!!!!!

I have been maintaining my weight, though I have increased my calories a bit for the baby and although I feel nauseous I feel like I can have a really healthy pregnancy and I am so excited! I know what I have to do to fuel my body and feed my growing baby, but I also know that I can stay fit and I don't have to gain 75 lbs, like I did with each of the first two....YIKES!!! So with my doctor keeping me in check, I will continue with my new lifestyle, I couldn't imagine living any other way!!!

So you won't be seeing the scale going down for me for quite a while, but it doesn't scare me....I look forward to a healthy happy pregnancy and I know that I will reach my 100 lb loss after my baby is born!! I just wanted to share my story before I start watching the scale go up ever so slowly over the next 7 months!!!

I wish you all the best of success with your journeys to healthier happier people!!! I'll be keeping an eye on you!!!

Shauna:flowerforyou: (aka Skinnydreams)
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Fantastic post.
    Congratulations and best of luck to you.
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    WOOHOO for you and your family! Blessings for a happy and healthy pregnancy. :heart:
  • rosiesantos7
    rosiesantos7 Posts: 137 Member
    Congrats, you are truly an inspiration for those of us trying to lose the weight. I, myself am giving myself small goals to reach because the large goals just scare me and I am afraid that I won't be able to make them. However, hearing your story makes me think that I can do it too.

Again congrats on the weight loss as well as your upcoming healthy baby.
    Rosie
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Wow, way to go! That is awesome, congrats on the weight you have lost and on the new bundle of joy! :)
    :heart: Lauren
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    awwwe congratulations!!!
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    :drinker: Whooohoo...let's raise a hearty mug of water to your success. What a great role model. Thanks for providing inspiration, keep us posted. ( Personally I'm really Jonesing for a grandchild....just waiting for our first to become more than a gleam in someones eye....)
    Ezzie
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    What a great story. You have done such a good job.

Blessings to you and your new little one
  • Amazing!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Wow!!!! That is an amazing loss for only 6 months. Congratulations on your pregnancy and your new lifestyle!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Wow!! That is so great! Im so happy for you!! Congrats with the baby too!! I want another baby so bad but my husband says no (and he had the operation done hahaha) maybe one day.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    36_1_11.gif

WAY TO GO!

And congrats on the new kiddie-to-be! stork.gif
  • shorerider
    That dang 5:30am "hiccup" on MFP again!
  • shorerider
    stupid hiccup
  • shorerider
    :grumble:
  • shorerider
    :grumble:
  • shorerider
    Think this time set a record for hiccup multi-posts!
  • shorerider
    But, I do mean congrats!
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    congradulations. u are def an inspiration to all.
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    :laugh: @ shore

but congrats girlie!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!