Weekend Pass From The Pit; HELP!

Options
OK, so this Friday, I am handing off the sparkle kilt to Cal, and heading out for a Men's Weekend. We will be camping, and canoeing, and doing frisbee golf. Plus we will consume massive quantities of foot (some of it healthy?) and alcohol.
Soooo I am asking for your suggestions on just what I can do to make it a non disaster weekend? Any ideas are welcomed! Mucho thanxo in advance!

Replies

• jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    OK, so this Friday, I am handing off the sparkle kilt to Cal, and heading out for a Men's Weekend. We will be camping, and canoeing, and doing frisbee golf. Plus we will consume massive quantities of foot (some of it healthy?) and alcohol.
    Soooo I am asking for your suggestions on just what I can do to make it a non disaster weekend? Any ideas are welcomed! Mucho thanxo in advance!
  • fit_amy
    fit_amy Posts: 41
    Options
    YUM! healthy foot!! :noway: Sorry, couldn't resist! I bet ya meant healthy fooD? In that case, I would suggest boiled eggs, baby carrots, and good ol PB and J!! :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Excuse me mr., did you get this trip pre approved????:huh:

aw just cuz I think you rock...AND Ez said please let him go....its all good my dear pal!:wink::laugh:

I would just do your best buddy....I mean if this is once in very while thing then ya know just try to not pick too much and maybe save your cals for your meals.....I tend to do a lot of picking when we camping etc...being outdoors totally increases my appetite :ohwell: Maybe if say stay away from the buns and just eat the burger or dog or what have you and that way you can have some other goodies....and drink water in between your brew-skis....but I'd say just enjoy yourself hon and keep active....you'll be okay!

Hugs and we will miss you!:sad: .....who will replace you in this weeks show...that's what I want to know.....{looks for Alife....hmmmmmmmm:huh: }
    :drinker: Ali
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Plan ahead, do your homework. How many calories per drink? Any lower cal ones available? Drink water in between each (if possible). Do they need a designated sober dude? If so volunteer.

Veggies, fruits, smaller portions, and choosing the least of evils will be your best shot.

Have fun.
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    YUM! healthy foot!! :noway: Sorry, couldn't resist! I bet ya meant healthy fooD? In that case, I would suggest boiled eggs, baby carrots, and good ol PB and J!! :flowerforyou:

OMG! So much for spellcheck, lol! Apparently we will have peanut butter and toe jam sandwiches for lunch? YUCK!!! Nooooooooooo :noway: :grumble: But thanx for your suggestions keep 'em coming, plz!
    This is my 3rd week, and I could use some support and guidance!!!
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    just remember that your body will not burn any calories until the alcohol you consume is out of your system and burned off first and that if your lifting weights it will kill the testosterone levels in males for at least one week. so that being said, drink and eat what u want take a couple days off and just have fun. get back on track after. as the tattoo on my chest says. u only get one life. have a great time.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    Oh, dear. KILL joys! Have a great time and don't give us a second thought! You'll spend plenty of energy.

When you get back, Ali will whip you into shape :wink:
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky inst too bad (better then chocolate bar or chips) I made a bunch for a camping trip with my BF and put it in jars.....I also had a protein shake a day just to replace a meal...

however I guess the booozing would through you off balance as well so make sure to stay HYDRATED :) and a remedy for a hang over is to eat a banana and 2 glasses of water before going to bed after you have your drinks...Have fun!!!
  • hnlymark
    hnlymark Posts: 191
    Options
    I like Corona myself; with the slice of lime (fresh fruit is SO healthy). Le cervesa mas fina. But...to each his own.
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    if you're anything like my hubby and his friends, their man days are more about the activities and beer than anything else!! :) i'm sure you'll be packing lots of burgers and meat and chips too...which aren't terrible... you're going to be so active that I think you'll be just fine! remember to drink some water in there too. Take some beef jerkey and maybe some veggies. Other than that i wouldnt worry about it too much. Have fun!, stay active!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Drink bud light and water..to heck with foot! (snicker) J/k! Ummm...I suppose the smart thing to do would be to bring some stuff. I'd bring a box of fiber one bars, for in between meals. I know nobody wants to be the "guy who brought salad", but maybe u could be the "guy who brought chicken breast"? Having a leaner protein than steaks and burgers might help lower your caloric intake? I dunno...or how bout, the guy whose wife made him bring a yummy and nutritious fruit salad? lol Good luck my friend...if it were me, it would be a complete disaster, I'm a big fan of burgers and a bigger fan of drinking around a campfire., but YOU can do this and be a good boy! Have fun!
    :heart: Lauren
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Drink bud light and water..to heck with foot! (snicker) J/k! Ummm...I suppose the smart thing to do would be to bring some stuff. I'd bring a box of fiber one bars, for in between meals. I know nobody wants to be the "guy who brought salad", but maybe u could be the "guy who brought chicken breast"? Having a leaner protein than steaks and burgers might help lower your caloric intake? I dunno...or how bout, the guy whose wife made him bring a yummy and nutritious fruit salad? lol Good luck my friend...if it were me, it would be a complete disaster, I'm a big fan of burgers and a bigger fan of drinking around a campfire., but YOU can do this and be a good boy! Have fun!
    :heart: Lauren

ROTFLMBO@the guy who brought salad.....Lauren you are soooooooo cute sis!!! :heart: :laugh:
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i think i said it before my holiday...being good can wait a week.

and if you are camping, canoeing and hiking jus tthink o fthe extra calorie burn ;=:happy:

thanks for the sparkly kilt, i will do my best to do it justice
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options

CANIBAL!!! EVIL DOER!!! I FIRST suggest, not eating any FOOT! I hope that helps...SHEESH! Some people!

jacobeatfoot1.jpg
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options

ROTFLMBO@the guy who brought salad.....Lauren you are soooooooo cute sis!!! :heart: :laugh:

LOL thanks Ali! :) You're cute too! But seriously, if it's a "manfest" who brings salad? lol
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your weekend!

My suggestions are trail mix, Zone bars (or other protein bars), dried fruit, nuts, beans, and tuna fish.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Trail mix and chicken breast

Most guys dont mind (vodka soaked) fruit:happy:

Just don't over eat, its okay to have hamburgers and such, just limit yourself.

And yes there are plenty of light beers to be had, michelob ultra I hear is only 90 cals and they have a few different types. Miller light is good too, Im not a fan of BL, but I won't knock it for Laurens sake.
    But yea, the biggest part is to have a good time.
    I think the biggest mantra of this website is that you CAN eat whatEVER you want, you just need to moderate what your intake is.
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    I would just do your best buddy....

Ummm not that kind of Man Fest hun. :noway: What's that? Oh... YOU would do my best buddy... lucky guy! :devil: :bigsmile: As for the not wanting to be the salad guy, I already offered! Really. Ah well, these are all good ideas, thanx to everyone, you all rock in here! I'm leaving FRi and back Sun, so I'll let ya know how it goes! :bigsmile:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Don't eat any real food..save all your cals for the booze and that way you'll get toasted faster :)

JUST KIDDDIIIIINGGG!
    Have fun and everything in moderation..try and stick with grilled chicken, veggies (if possible and fruit) and nuts....etc
    Try and bring some power/protein bars and the EAS shakes (don't need to be cool)

Kim
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Tastes like chicken...

iateababyadkfjgnakdjfgn.jpg