whats your breakfast?

Options
Just out of curiosity, what does your favourite breakfast consist of?
I love oatmeal with honey, peanut butter, bananas, and sometimes hot chocolate powder. Sometimes when I'm hungry I'll have a slice or a couple slices of toast with butter and jam... is this too much for a breakfast do you think?

Replies

• parisianskies002
    Options
    My favourite breakfast is a fry up haha! But my favourite healthy breakfast is wholemeal toast with baked beans and poached egg, plus a glass of orange & a piece of fruit :)

l honestly don't think that's too much, but jam has quite a bit of sugar (not sure if it's natural sugars or not?) but l'd just eat that in moderation!
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    All of my life I hated breakfast, but sometime last year I became so excited about it I had a terrible time deciding each day what to have : P

I LOVE to eat chocolate malt o meal, with natural (even home made) peanut butter, an ounce of dark chocolate stirred in, a banana on the side and a cup of Bolthouse Farms Perfectly Protein Mocha Cappucchino.

But it's a lot of calories, so I don't have it unless I'm getting a lot of activity. I miss it : (
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    oatmeaaaal
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Granola with cranberries, blueberries, sultanas, raisins, strawberries, raspberries and skimmed milk... Or the very ocassional fried breakfast on a Sunday morning!
  • alexia_faith
    alexia_faith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Mine depends on the time of the year

Spring - Cereal like Weetabix or Fruit n Fibre with a handful of sultanas
    Summer - Cereal or yogurt with Raspberries nd Blackberries
    Fall - Toast with jam
    Winter - Oatmeal or porridge with mixed fruit or brown sugar
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    To look at your pic I would say, NO!!!! :)
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    If it's cold - flavoured porridge made with water and with fruit added. If not then 25 g muesli, 10 g bran flakes, mixed with 40 g LF fruit yog, and 40g LF greek yog. Occasionally a boiled egg with 2 slices weight watchers bread and a slice of lean ham heated for 1 min in the microwave so it's like bacon !! YUM !!
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Do you make this granola? It sounds delish!
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Branflakes with semi skimmed milk and chopped apple or raisins.
  • julie4760
    julie4760 Posts: 125
    Options
    I sometimes have a poached egg on wightwatchers malted bread with marmite when i'm really starving I have a mixed grill can't fry anything my hubby has gallstones.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My favourite breakfast is a fry up haha! But my favourite healthy breakfast is wholemeal toast with baked beans and poached egg, plus a glass of orange & a piece of fruit :)

l honestly don't think that's too much, but jam has quite a bit of sugar (not sure if it's natural sugars or not?) but l'd just eat that in moderation!

jam is made with fruit and caster sugar which is what preserves it
  • kristofferbas
    kristofferbas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Right now, Oatmeal with lingonberry jam and milk. Keeps me going for many hours :)

/k
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, what does your favourite breakfast consist of?
    I love oatmeal with honey, peanut butter, bananas, and sometimes hot chocolate powder. Sometimes when I'm hungry I'll have a slice or a couple slices of toast with butter and jam... is this too much for a breakfast do you think?

Well every morning, I have Porridge with a sprinkle of sugar and some low fat milk! If im really hungry, I'llhave some wholemeal/wholegrain toast with butter and jam!! YUM!
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Half a bagel with PB2 or Peanut Butter, All Bran with skim milk and cocoa powder, or yogurt mixed with cocoa powder and maybe some PB2.

...oh, and COFFEE!!! (with 1 Splenda and 1/4c 1%milk)...Need ma coffee every day :-)
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I always start my morning with a cup of coffee than I switch off between Irish oatmeal flavored with fat free raspberry syrup; or, cold cereal (all natural wheat puffs) with milk; and lastly, one piece of toast with 1 tblsp spread of nutella. Always looking for add ons as it keeps it interesting and you don't get bored
  • jess2308
    jess2308 Posts: 40
    Options
    Do you like to eat breakfast as the biggest meal of the day? This morning I had a 500 calorie one (oatmeal plus toast) which leaves me 700 for the rest of the day. I heard the saying breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper...
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I used to eat whole rolled oats with water every morning. I went to see a nutritionist who said 'This is good, but do you really like it" if I dont like it, I'm not likely to stick at it. She suggested 100ml of skimmed milk which really doesnt have a lot of kcals and adding fruit and nuts (but only 3-4)

So now I get up and seriously cant wait for brekkie, I've had it every day for 2months straight now and never get bored.
    40g of Bran Flakes (the lowest in sugar i could find)
    100ml skimmed milk
    5g of pumpkin seeds
    14g of raisins or sultanas
    and 3 brazil nuts
    YUMMEH!
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Do you like to eat breakfast as the biggest meal of the day? This morning I had a 500 calorie one (oatmeal plus toast) which leaves me 700 for the rest of the day. I heard the saying breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper...

I kinda agree with this,
    but I lunch like a king lol ... I actually just have my dinner earlier because I get mega hungry midday and then when its time for dinner I'm more peckish than hungry and I dont like to eat too much too late (I work late and sometimes eating right b4 bed is unavoidable)
  • browneyes1022
    Options
    I cook some fresh spinach, diced onion, once in a while I will cut up a strip or two of turkey bacon and 1 tbsp of my yummy homeade salsa and mix my 2 egg whited or even one whole egg since the protien is in the yolk and maybe alittle pepper but it deffinitly brings an amazing flavor to your eggs!
  • lrosas
    lrosas Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am usually in a hurry to get out the door in the morning - so boiled eggs, toast with jam, peanut butter on wheat toast...these things work best for me.