May Walking Challenge - Get our butts in gear!

Options

Replies

• LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm in again! I seriously overestimated for April and was disappointed that I didn't reach my goal. I have tried to be more realistic and hope to have something achievable here. Keep walkin!
  • Nlakshmi
    Nlakshmi Posts: 72
    Options
    i did good today.. I walked and also did elliptical. total of 4.8 miles ....Hope I can keep this up.. Tomorrow I know I may not be able to walk since i am going for a strength training class.. not sure how to count that..
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Earlier, I looked out the window. The sun was shining, the wind was down (somewhat of a rarity here lately), and it was 55 degrees, so I went for my walk. We are quite a sight going down the road: Me with my standard black poodle Suzie Q, followed by my cats, Lucky and Bootsie. Does anyone else have cats that go on walks with them? Suzie and I entertained ourselves by watching a farmer fertilize his freshly plowed field while we walked. All in all, a lovely time was had by all!
  • sosborne73
    sosborne73 Posts: 106
    Options

exercise.png
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    30 more minutes for me!
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    36 minute walk
  • iamhealingmyself
    Options
    Earlier, I looked out the window. The sun was shining, the wind was down (somewhat of a rarity here lately), and it was 55 degrees, so I went for my walk. We are quite a sight going down the road: Me with my standard black poodle Suzie Q, followed by my cats, Lucky and Bootsie. Does anyone else have cats that go on walks with them? Suzie and I entertained ourselves by watching a farmer fertilize his freshly plowed field while we walked. All in all, a lovely time was had by all!
    At our old apt when our cat Clawd was outdoors, she would walk my daughter to the bus stop and come to the pool with us :laugh:
  • themrs08
    themrs08 Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm in!
  • falonjohle
    falonjohle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • themrs08
    Options
    I'm in!

I won't be using the ticker, but I'll check in every day. I do Leslie Sansone videos in the house, because I have no way to get out and walk, due to where I live and the fact that I have a toddler at home with me everyday. But I will log my minutes AND miles.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Another 1.3 miles down today :bigsmile:
  • nicnak1981
    nicnak1981 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    starting off with a nice 2.9 miles towards my 40 miles target.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    70 minutes, Woo Hoo! Thank You, Dear Preschool Teacher, for cancelling prescool this morning and giving me extra time.:flowerforyou:
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Finally off my rest days and got in a nice 5.5 miles today!
  • themrs08
    Options
    I walked 30 minutes today.
    I'm in!

I won't be using the ticker, but I'll check in every day. I do Leslie Sansone videos in the house, because I have no way to get out and walk, due to where I live and the fact that I have a toddler at home with me everyday. But I will log my minutes AND miles.
  • iamhealingmyself
    Options
    Elliptical 40-70spm (following c25k prompts) plus walking to and from apt to community gym.
    I'm 3 for 3 - so far so good. Pray my back and neck hold out.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    44 minutes at lunchtime!
  • sosborne73
    sosborne73 Posts: 106
    Options
    Just a question for the group. Which do you rather count when walking time or miles and why? I am just curious I have done both in the past.

Also, I did another 1.5miles this evening.
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well, May is off to a good start. I have 6 miles in already. :bigsmile: The warmer weather makes a huge difference for me. :heart: it!

In answer to the question, time or miles, I choose miles.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Well, I decided to sign myself up for a 5k in July, so now I will I will be running daily. I'm going to double my goal from 30 miles to 60 miles instead. :wink: