May Walking Challenge - Get our butts in gear!

Options

Replies

• elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I didn't do anything yesterday, but walked/jogged 7.2 miles today!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    sosborne - I prefer to count minutes, because I don't have a good way to figure out distance.

I walked again tonight, bringing me to 100/350 minutes. At this rate, I should increase my goal, but I will wait a week to see how it goes. 70 minutes of that was done because the pool where I normally swim is waiting for a part to fix the recirculation pump and is closed.
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I will join and try my best! I have never been a walker, so I have to work slowly into it. i will figure out how to so the tickers tomorrow. But i did walk 2 miles today! It is a mile one way to my kids' school. So I walked to meet them after school and then we all walked home! Does that work? thanks everyone!
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I did 6.5 miles today! My 2.5 into town seems to be getting to be a regular!
    Rudolph 2 miles is fantastic for a non-walker!
    Dee great walking today again!
    Mary you're walking right off the scale!! :laugh: Fantastic!
    sosborne I use miles, easy for me as I use an app on my android phone and I sometimes forget about speed so can't really judge by time - each to their own really isn't it?
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It's raining and cold.......again! :grumble: I got up ready to go out and walk. Looking at the radar, the rain may stop this afternoon and it's to get into the 50s. I'll go out then for sure. Walking is addictive!:smile:

Dee
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Back to work for me today! Got my workday 4.3 miles in, great weather here again...
    Good luck with your afternoon walk, Dee! Happy walking everyone!
  • CMillikan08
    CMillikan08 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    hey all so i did 3.5 miles on the elliptical today a total of 30 min and then walked to and from the gym. i also did some strength training. I forgot how good i feel after i workout bc its been 3 weeks or so since i did the elliptical. hopefully everyone else is doing well!
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Just a question for the group. Which do you rather count when walking time or miles and why? I am just curious I have done both in the past.

Distance for me - I use an arm band that counts every step I take - or at least says it does - :ohwell: then sync it every night so I can get the total.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I got in 45 minutes today!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just a question for the group. Which do you rather count when walking time or miles and why? I am just curious I have done both in the past.

I like tracking time. I was tracking miles the first couple of months but then I got tendonitis and another month I got bronchitis. Both things slowed me way down. I was able to walk but not put in the speed and distance that I thought I should. I now commit to 30 minutes a day. Sometimes I'm able to jog a couple of miles, sometimes I do laps around my kitchen island in an imaginary horse race with my little girl. In any case, I do my best, but don't beat myself up because I'm not walking 5 miles a day.
  • sosborne73
    sosborne73 Posts: 106
    Options
    I got 1.5 miles today.

exercise.png
    [/url]
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    46 minutes on elliptical
    I'm 4 for 4 and pushed through even though my back was arguing against it! I might have to break my time up over the weekend to rest up a bit. Maybe do 3 or 4 sessions of 10 minutes each instead of pushing through all 30-40 at one time. We'll see how I'm feeling and will counter with treatments before it gets out of control.
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I will join and try my best! I have never been a walker, so I have to work slowly into it. i will figure out how to so the tickers tomorrow. But i did walk 2 miles today! It is a mile one way to my kids' school. So I walked to meet them after school and then we all walked home! Does that work? thanks everyone!

Did 2 miles today...
    Total for the month so far is 4 miles
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Did C25K yesterday and then walked for 30 minutes today. I think I'm doing much better so far in May than I did in April. LOL
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Well, I decided to sign myself up for a 5k in July, so now I will I will be running daily. I'm going to double my goal from 30 miles to 60 miles instead. :wink:

ooo That's exciting. Good luck on the 5K!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options

I think logging my time is more effective. I used to log miles, but as my speed increased etc, I was totally using it to wuss out on my work outs. I'd be like.....ok walked 1 miles (15 minutes)...I'm done going inside. So now that I tell myself I have to walk a certain amount of time I can actually feel the burn again!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    It is a mile one way to my kids' school. So I walked to meet them after school and then we all walked home! Does that work? thanks everyone!

That totally works :)
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Your ticker is visible to me
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Using my reel mower on the front lawn: a bit over4100 steps ~ between 1.5 & 2 miles. It took over 2 hours though because I had to keep bending over to pick up sticks. (Posted blog if you are interested in the whole story)