May-Day by Day Challenge-Part 9 OPEN GROUP

Options
Fri 04/01/11 02:09 PM
When was the last time you joined a challenge and lost interest or focus and stopped half way through? It's not intentional, its just harder to commit to something for weeks or months at a time.

This is a thread where you set daily goals. If you slip up today, like I tell my daughter, you get a new 24 tomorrow to try again. Post 3 or more goals, fitness related or not, come back tomorrow to recap the day before. Then post 3 more goals for the day.

It's not an exclusive group, all new members are welcome, but I expect most of the vets will come back again, too. It's not cut throat, if you do not post daily, we won't kick you out the group. Just post when you can.

When Nicole (PSUgrl921) started this thread late last summer it was designed to serve as a reminder of things she'd like to accomplish each day. Then be proud of herself for meeing little goals and eventually make them habit forming. She opened her doors and allowed us to be apart of her crusade. I bet she didn't think her day by day motto would still be going strong 6 months later.

So ask me when was the last time I stayed committed to a challenge for weeks or months? I still am, one day at a time.

If you're new, tell us your name a little about yourself if you like.
If you're returning, introduce yourself and briefly tell what this thread means to you!

**Copied and Pasted from Leela's last month**
Report Post Quote Reply

Replies

• StartingOver4Me
    Options
    I will start! My name is Jess, Jessie, Jessica.
    I started on mfp in august of 2010. Did really well! Lost motivation and discipline around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Recently I started a new profile page and I'm feeling really good this time!!!

I have a 7yr old daughter and 3 year old son. They are my life an my mission right now is to show them that achieving their goals is possible. I'm not extremely over weight but I have chub that I don't want and I'm extremely unfit and out of shape.

Very happily married. I'm spoiled rotten by my Hubby! Sometimes he doesn't understand the health kick but he tries.

Here are my goals for the last day of April with my check in.

Saturday April 30:
    1: TurboFire --- yup
    2: water ---yup
    3: marks company picnic is today, eat the best of the picnic food---yes except for some brownies
    4: don't look like a fat slob. Chase the kids around, play and have FUN! act like a kid!! Burn some cals!----yeah!!! Walked and played
    5: don't forget what I am trying to achieve---I didn't!

New Month!
    Sunday May 1st
    1.) clean my house
    2.) water
    3.) my gave TurboFire class today
    4.) watch those cals!!

Welcome everyone old and new! Let's get this month started!
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yay! I love this thread! Some days it's what keeps me going!!

Sunday's goals:
    1. stay under on calories, depspite cake and ice cream for my pastor's b-day tonight
    2. investor's meeting at the studio, I WILL be on time for this one!
    3. water
    4. laundry

I am planning a 24 hour fast tomorrow for health and spiritual reasons. Trying to embrace it, I will def need this thread and every other means of accountability and strength I can find.
  • SKismet
    SKismet Posts: 137
    Options
    Thanks for once again starting the new topic, Jess! :happy:

My name is Shannon, and recently I've really been struggling with things, including even making goals, let alone sticking too them! I'm hoping to break out of that ASAP, because I know the main person this is hurting is me, and I deserve better! It's time for me to buckle down and start getting my life in order in all aspects....
    4-30-2011 goals
    1. Water, at least 6 cups - I think so?
    2. Under on calories and carbs (Breakfast kinda used up basically 90% of my fat allowance.) - Again, I think so?
    3. Do some exercise. Taking a walk or something to enjoy the lovely weather would be spectacular! - No such luck.... Time got away from me and it turned out the weather was deceiving anyway.
    4. Bed by 11 - Not quite, but that's because the evening activity that I expected to be done by about 9 at the latest ran until after 10!
    5. Clean/organize bedroom - No....
    Well, it's a bit late for goals for today, so here are some for tomorrow:

5-2-2011 goals
    1. Water, at least 6 cups
    2. Under on calories, carbs and fats
    3. Take vitamins
    4. Bed by 9:30, sleep by 10

Normally I'd add some non-fitness related things in there, but I have absolutely no idea what tomorrow evening is going to hold, so I'm gonna stick with the basics for now.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you started the May thread, Jess. I ran out of time again so here is what I would have posted this AM if I'd been able to:
    Goals for April 29:
    1. Water.--Yes
    2. Healthy choices and portion control.--Yes.
    3. Watch the nighttime snacking--make a healthy choice!--Yes.

I didn't get here yesterday so I'll use Friday's goals.

Goals for April 30:
    1. Water.--Yes
    2. Healthy choices and portion control.--Yes on portions (until evening), No on choices.
    3. Watch the nighttime snacking--make a healthy choice!--Not good.

Lots of errands had to be run yesterday so I didn't get a workout in, either. The sun is shining today so I'll be working in the yard.

Goals for May 1:

1. Water.
    2. Healthy choices and portion control--LOG MY FOOD!!!--Already failing on this one.
    3. Yardwork and maybe a walk.--No. REALLY scrubbed out the oven, though--even took the bottom out and scrubbed that!
    4. Get to bed by 9:30.--That's the plan and I'm sticking with it!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    It's so late to set my Sunday's goals, I just found the new link. So I will post for tomorrow.

May 2's goals:
    1. go for a walk. At least 2 miles.
    2. drink water and tea, no soda.
    3. do some afternoon strength training.
    4. clean, clean, clean
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    My name is Kathy and I am semi-retired and share a house with 2 of my kids--my son (23) and my oldest daughter (21) and her family--her BF (24) and their son (10 months). My youngest daughter (19) lives in San Antonio where she is going to school and studying to be a Dental Hygienist.

I work 30 hours a week as a Live Goods Merchandiser--I place the plant and tree deliveries at a local outside Lawn and Garden Center and also help to take care of them. It is a very physically demanding job but I love it!

I need to get back on track. I have really been slacking at logging my foods so I am going to focus on that this month.
  • harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This is such a great idea!

So, I'm Harls & I'm a student who has always been on the heavier side of normal. The past year or two has been very stressful for me and now I've gained a bunch of weight and am working on losing it, and that's why I'm in MFP! I have trouble finding motivation for exercise & I tend to binge between 3 and 3:30 for some reason.

Goals for Monday, May 2nd:
    1. Do CLX Day 1
    2. Make (a healthy) dinner.
    3. Wait until after I'm done working out before I snack, to prevent binging mindlessly & then falling asleep.
  • Lpfeifer419
    Lpfeifer419 Posts: 82
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am Lindsey and I think this thread is awesome! I am on the journey to lose about 150 pounds. I have lost 28 so far. Goals are so important to me, so I know this thread will be a great help.

Goals for Monday, May 2

1. Finish my project by 5PM
    2. Work out for 60 minutes
    3. Take my daily multi-vitamin (A small goal, but I have had problems with it)
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Hi Lindsey, welcome! great job on your loss! you are definitely headed in the right direction. No goals too small or too big, its whatever you choose to accomplish that day. Eventually, it will all become habit forming!

Hi Harls, Welcome! what's CLX?
  • harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi Harls, Welcome! what's CLX?
    Thanks! CLX is the abbreviation for "ChaLEAN Extreme." I've done day 1 so many times I lost count, so hopefully this is the last time I have to restart!
  • frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Thanks for starting the new thread Jess! Sorry i've been away the last few days my brothers been in town so i haven't had a chance to get to the computer as much as normal.

My name is Kim, I'm in the UK. I'm trying to beat the family traditon of flab before it gets out of hand (which it was starting to.) I'm training for my first 5k in June and am in week 5 of Couch to 5k and have become a bit obsessed with it.

Welcome if you're new and if you're not then its lovely to see you again. This is a wonderful thread and with really supportive people on it.

Goals for today:
    1. Run (done!)
    2. Healthy choices at lunch
    3. Under calories
    4. Water! Have been really bad the last couple of days
    5.Housework - I've been having far too much fun, the house is in a terrible state.

Hope you;re all having a lovely day!
    Kx
  • frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Options
    Welcome Harls & Lindsey!:flowerforyou:
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    Welcome Harls and Lindsey!!!!

Harls---Emerald makes these cocoa roasted almonds. At my 3-3:30 hunger strikes I have about 30 of those and 2 cups of water!!!!!! Works like a Charm Every time!!!!!

Lindsey!!! 28lbs is AMAZING WORK!!!! Very inspirational!!!

Sunday May 1st
    1.) clean my house –WOWOW I cleaned and cleaned
    2.) water ----YES
    3.) my fave TurboFire class today --- I did!! Very late but I did it!!!
    4.) watch those cals!!---very proud of myself!

Monday May 2, 2011
    1.)water
    2.)Cals
    3.)stay stress free and productive at work
    4.)make it to Sams to get some more of my fave almonds and my protein shakes
  • fosterks
    fosterks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    So... Do you post your daily goals on here, then quote when you have / have not done them?

Love it - I set myself targets, but if I have told someone about them, then I feel duty bound to do them!
  • rmeadows71
    rmeadows71 Posts: 99
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Roberta...I've done this thread in the past, but work got crazy & I sort of stopped listing daily goals! Gonna give it another try :)

Monday May 2, 2011
    1) Stay under cals
    2) Stay under carbs
    3) Water, water & more water!
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    So... Do you post your daily goals on here, then quote when you have / have not done them?

Love it - I set myself targets, but if I have told someone about them, then I feel duty bound to do them!

I either quote the day prior or copy/past, so that I can write out beside of it whether or not I've completed my goals.!!!
    It's GREAT!
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    Good to see you Miss Roberta!
  • SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Shanda
    I've been apart of MFP since September 2010. About a month ago I hit rock bottom and quit on myself. So I deactivated my account and started fresh again. Maybe it was a stupid way of doing things, but it gave me that boost i needed. Since September i lost 22 pounds, gained 7 back, lost 5, gained 5 back....you know how it goes. Im a food addict and its an everyday struggle to stay away.
    These daily goals are what I need!

1) To stay off MFP today during work, to get all my paperwork logged in
    2) Drink at least 10 cups of water today
    3) 30 minutes of cardio
  • fosterks
    fosterks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey there. My name is Katharine, been an MFP-er since mid March, and am currently at 10lb loss. My goal is another 15lb by 30 June - I have slacked off over Easter, with about 5% effort on nutrition (shameful) and 70% effort on exercise. It all starts from tomorrow!! But for today:-

1) Run 6 miles
    2) Tidy and get ready for work tomorrow!
    3) Do NOT give into temptation for my dinner - I'd justify it by saying I wasn't starting properly until tomorrow.....
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yay! I love this thread! Some days it's what keeps me going!!

Sunday's goals:
    1. stay under on calories, depspite cake and ice cream for my pastor's b-day tonight UNDER BUT NOT PRETTY!
    2. investor's meeting at the studio, I WILL be on time for this one! CHECK
    3. water NOT BAD, 8
    4. laundry ENOUGH THAT NO ONE HAD TO WEAR DIRTY STUFF TODAY lol

I am planning a 24 hour fast tomorrow for health and spiritual reasons. Trying to embrace it, I will def need this thread and every other means of accountability and strength I can find.

Good Monday mornong!! It's a great day to be an American!!

today's goals:
    1. no solid food til dinner
    2. healthy dinner and NO binge (that's the hard part about a fast)
    3. finish the laundry
    4. clean up kids rooms...again!
    5. kitchen and bathrooms need it too

Have a great day!