Video games!

Options
monkeefun
monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
I have a confession. I'm a bit of a gamer. This is part of why I'm here, actually :-D. I love my Nintendo games (Legend of Zelda = <3), and I also play my World of Warcraft. Sometimes these things get in the way of my workouts - but I love them anyway! The Kinect has helped with getting me off my butt a bit, but I still <3 my favorites. Anyone else a gamer?? :)

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Me! Though I am not as hardcore as I use to be. I play when I get a chance. I don't lose workouts to them though. I'd rather work out than play video games.
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    <- Gamer to the max. :) PC, console, tabletop, you name it.

I think games were to blame for a lot of my weight gain. I've had to work on balancing a more active lifestyle with my old lifestyle, but it has worked itself out. I'm treating gaming like I do eating these days-- it's fine in moderation, but I don't have the marathon eight hour mmorpg sessions I used to have back in the day. ;)

One thing that has helped me was to actually make a calendar for myself and schedule in my game playing time. If I have a "window" for it, and plan other things bordering it, I can say to myself "okay, I'm playing this game from 1-4PM-- but at 4PM I have to leave for yoga". I like to be organized like that, and it has helped me to balance out my gamer-me-time and my healthy-me-time.
  • eresin
    eresin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm a big world of Warcraft player too, also play mine craft and I love my xbox
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Me! Though I am not as hardcore as I use to be. I play when I get a chance. I don't lose workouts to them though. I'd rather work out than play video games.

Exactly this.

w220283044.jpg

Though, I'm anxiously waiting for GOW3 to drop. I won't stop working out, but there will be a decline of my presence here on MFP.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options

Pretty much what Roy said. I prioritize my workouts before video games these days.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options

Exactly this.

w220283044.jpg

Though, I'm anxiously waiting for GOW3 to drop. I won't stop working out, but there will be a decline of my presence here on MFP.

I'd totally give up Starcraft for that. Though I do want to play Starcraft 2 and havent.
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Another World of Warcraft player here :smile:
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    I dont play but i'm an xbox widow...
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I play WoW on Doomhammer :-)
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    WoW, everquest, battlefield bad company, Halo, COD, Assassin's Creed, yeah I lived on my computer and xbox and ps3 and wii until I lost my internet.
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    XBox all the way, I'm kinda getting over the addiction, but the call of duty series has eaten a big chunk of my time over the last 3 years, "MrLumpfish" is my gamertag on xbox live if anyone wants to add me :D
  • Ren0913
    Ren0913 Posts: 58
    Options
    I love playing all kinds of games! I have a lot of systems too :D
    PC, PS3, DS, PSP, XBOX when I'm at my fiance's house, Wii, and my iPod.
    I really love Mario games and Zelda games. Tons of fun to play. Twilight Princess was great, and Mario games are classic. (I miss the Nintendo 64 :[ ) I mainly play RPG but I do like playing other games as well.
    I mainly play on my PS3 and my laptop though. PS3, I've recently been playing Assassin's Creed, White Knight Chronicles, Marvel vs. Capcom, Final Fantasy VIII, Quantum of Solace, and Heavy Rain. On my laptop: Starcraft II, World of Warcraft really recently, and Sims 3.
    I kind of have a video game addiction :D But I love playing with my fiance and my family
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I was a HUGE gamer for years. Played EQ2 for 5 years and Asheron's Call for 4 years before that. Dabbled in WoW for a bit. I play mainly strategy and RPG games.

As many people have said...that is part of the reason why I am here :)
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Oh, totally, way back in the days of Yore
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Huge gamer all thru school.
    I played tony hawk constantly in middle and high school.
    Then halo 2 came out Junior year ( I think) so It took a huge chunk of my life in hs and college.
    Then halo 3 came out, another big chunk of life wasted. Same with Modern Warfare 2.

Now I'll game a couple hours a week. Usually skate 3 or FIFA. I'm much more active than I used to be.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    It started with a Magnavox Odyssey. Then 2600. Onto the NES, TurboGrafx16 (Military Madness addiction) through various others to our 360. Rocked a 286. Got online with my blazing fast 386 and never looked back. From BNet Starcraft, EQ, WoW and now Rift.

Bona fide lover of geek stuff. Add me up, my fellow gamer nerds.
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Gamer here too. It probably was a factor in some of my inactiveness over the years. :ohwell: But since I got into working out and wanted a change, I game very rarely now. But I do enjoy my xbox when I do get some time on it.....oh black ops how I miss thee. :tongue: At some point I realized that I was literally wasting hours each day so it's all about priority now. :wink:
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yep, also a gamer. Started back on a mono BBC Model B playing a Pong clone back in 1980 or so, then moved up to a ZX Spectrum 128k +2, and moved my way through systems to a PC, PS3, Wii and 3DS at the moment. Have been a big WOW player, but haven't really logged on for about 3 months or so - been taking a break to play other things (and just got Mortal Kombat so playing that at the moment).

Also in agreement though that my workouts take precedence over my gaming at the moment - finding doing weights and stationary bike more fun than any gaming right now :)
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    Totally a gamer! Spent a good part of yesterday playing black ops:) And spent pretty much all summer playing Red Dead Redemption! I was soo bummed out when I finished that game!

WOW looks super interesting/addicting! Im to chicken to try it out because I know I'd become addicted to it.
  • CirrusMoth
    CirrusMoth Posts: 35
    Options
    Guilty :-D

I love gaming. Console, computer or even *gasp* tabletop & LARP. Gamer-girls FTW!

Current console love is Dragon Age: Origins. I generally stick to RPGs and FPS. Some faves: Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Ico, Silent Hill (any), Resident Evil 4, Mass Effect, Fatal Frame, Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (guilty pleasure) ect.

I have played WOW, but let my membership laps. Will maybe pick it back up once I get my new computer (old one had a motherboard fail at 8 years *sniff*).

Any other gamers feel free to friend. Would be nice to have someone of like-mind to compare notes with.