Video games!

Options
2»

Replies

• Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Love playing video games. Haven't had as much free time to play them as I did before I started working out and losing weight, but I really enjoy playing online and offline. I used to be a pretty hardcore PC gamer, but mostly play on the Xbox 360 now. My gf is a big gamer, too, so she is more than happy to dash off to the other room and rack up achievements on our second Xbox.

Gamer girls rock!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I used to be super geeky thorought high school but now I feel more like a jock hahaha but I certainly love some games. Right now I am playing Mortal Kombat on my Ps3 maybe 5-7 hours a week. I don't have much time nowadays. I am also waiting for Twisted Metal and Metal Gear. I will definitely get those.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Totally a gamer! Spent a good part of yesterday playing black ops:) And spent pretty much all summer playing Red Dead Redemption! I was soo bummed out when I finished that game!

WOW looks super interesting/addicting! Im to chicken to try it out because I know I'd become addicted to it.

I admit, WoW is a lot of fun. I can lose hours to that game, but right now I only get to play on the weekends because of school and homework. I don't know that the video games are what got me here, but they definitely contributed to my inactivity. Everything in moderation, right? I have no intention of giving it up, as it is a way for me to get away from some of the stress of the real world, if only for a couple hours.... *looks at her desk piled with books and homework*
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    WoW is SUPER addictive, so I only sit down to it when I know I have free time to spend on it. I go through spurts though - I'll want to play nonstop for about a month, then I won't care at all for a bit, then I'll jump back into it and be obsessive again. I think I burn myself out during my "on" phases! ;-) Glad to see I am not alone here though! Between exercise, school, and trying to work when I can while balancing family things, I really don't have a lot of time to put into my video games anymore (probably a good thing...). I do still love my Wii though, and my 3DS. The XBox is really cool (especially the Kinect), but I'm a Nintendo fangirl from way back ;-). Feel free to add me if anyone so chooses lol.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I have been teased with the beta Gears Of War 3 and it just makes me salivate. I really wish they would come out with a new Rainbow 6 game. Lately I have been hooked on Pocket Legends for my phone.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Has anyone seen that Video Game exhibit at the Smithsonian yet?
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Not really a gamer...but I totally kick *kitten* at guitar hero.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend THOUGHT she was a gamer, then she got schooled in Galaga.
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend THOUGHT she was a gamer, then she got schooled in Galaga.

you.
    die.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    OOPS! The Art of Video Games at the Smithsonian American Art Museum doesn't open until 2010!
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    I'm a huge gamer. I've always been a purely console gamer, but last year I started WoW. Haven't played it in a month or two though, Cata isn't all the great imo and the people on my realm were getting old. We also have Rift but my husband plays that more than I do. I play different types on the console, my favorite games are Bioshock though I've played both over and over so many times.