What to do with your "fat" clothes?

Options
2»

Replies

• kaitlyn12osu
    Options
    GET RID OF THEM! hahah thank god i did that too bc i put on about 10 lbs over the winter and realized my spring clothes weren't fitting right...but those were my only option. So now, I have 2-4 lbs left to lose to get back to my "spring/summer clothes weight"
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I got rid of mine.....I wanted to make sure I didn't have them to fall back on. I did keep one pair of jeans that I used to wear just as a reminder. A lot of them were worn out enough that I just threw them away. The nicer things I gave to Goodwill. I also shopped at Goodwill for in-between sizes that weren't nearly as expensive.
    Kaye
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have gone from a size 10-12 to a 4-6. I have only bought a few new pieces. I hoping to have my last few pounds off by Memorial Day. I am going to go through my closet that weekend and donate them. However, I have a few pieces I really hate to get rid of. I thought I might try to shrink them in a hot wash and high heat in the dryer (LOL). Originally, I planned on storing them, but I don't ever want to fit in them again, they're going!!!
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    I went from size 42+ to ~34 so that is a lot of clothes.. Kept a few larger jackets /tops that I can still use for outer cold weather layers
    but donated most of it to Goodwill and Value Village drop boxes and often looked for bargains at the same time in thrift stores while working through those intermediary sizes.

These days on MFP, even though the scale isn't moving I'm discovering I now need a belt to keep all my brand new (boxing day sales!) size 34 Levis jeans up! Even with them fitting loose like this which beats the heck out of >tight< jeans... I'm getting tired of wearing jeans anyway, I really prefer wearing track pants or running shorts or anything I can work out in :)
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I kept wearing them until about 20-25 lbs down, then another 20 or so I had to get a few more things or drop my pants! The first time it was Black Friday sales I bought a few things, then there were winter clearance where I got a few things once I got to about 40lbs down. I keep a sharp eye out on the clearance racks, and have got a few things much cheaper than at resale shops. Now very near my goal I am getting bolder and buying a few more than before.

Meanwhile I donated the things I thought I could not sell. I just took my clothes and my husband's (also on MFP and lost over 40lbs) and just had a garage sale on City Wide Garage Sale day. I made a bundle, and paid for a big bunch of stuff for the whole family!
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Don't make it easy on yourself to gain that weight back! Pack them up and give them away!!!
  • surv8r
    surv8r Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've been selling mine on eBay... seriously...
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I know I won't make much, but I'm planning to have a yard sale sometime soon. I will use money for healthy foods so I can outgrow more clothes :wink: If I don't spend it all on food it will go to vacation fund. Whatever doesn't sell will be donated - at least get a tax write-off for it! :smile:
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    You could always have a yard sale to try and get back some of the money. Or if you have any used clothing stores that buy clothes you could probably sell anything that is in good condition. But get rid of them!
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Donate :)
  • peteyTwang
    Options
    Absolutely 100% AGREED!!!
    :smile:
    Don't make it easy on yourself to gain that weight back! Pack them up and give them away!!!
  • peteyTwang
    Options
    Right! More good advice from Nammy
    because it's one thing to get rid of the FAT clothes but you also need clothes to fit you on your Fat to Fit journey
    so big YES to Clearance Racks... eBay, and Outlet Malls (especially Adidas!) :flowerforyou:
    keep a sharp eye out on the clearance rack
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    So far, my tops are fine.
    My bottoms are WAY too big (though, I am wearing them with a belt for now)
    and my dresses are WAY too big, mostly in the top area. (my girls, as small as they were, are even smaller =( )

I'm stuck on what to do. I have a lot of clothes. I have been the same size since I can remember (17? 18?) and so I feel like a jerk starting all over as far as clothing goes... I'm also sort of a pack rat so I'd hate to just get rid of everything....
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    So far, my tops are fine.
    My bottoms are WAY too big (though, I am wearing them with a belt for now)
    and my dresses are WAY too big, mostly in the top area. (my girls, as small as they were, are even smaller =( )

I'm stuck on what to do. I have a lot of clothes. I have been the same size since I can remember (17? 18?) and so I feel like a jerk starting all over as far as clothing goes... I'm also sort of a pack rat so I'd hate to just get rid of everything....

Sell !! And get new more current styles. Your new "skinny self" style.