Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    • Wrap in foil
    • Swipe on EVOO
    • Season with salt and pepper
    • Cover with finely chopped garlic, sliced shallots and sliced lemons
    • Wrap the foil around it and bake the shizzle out of it, like for at least 45min.

I know this sounds completely insane, but I don't like my fish to be fishy and so I usually overcook it. That's why the foil is good, keeps it moist!

This is how I do it. I only cook for about 25 minutes though.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    We love the taste of salmon, so we don't marinate it or over season it. Just a tiny sprinkle of salt & pepper is all I need! We bake or broil it usually. This past weekend we put it on the grill. Bought it with the skin on this time; put one half in a loose foil pouch & the other skin side down right on the grill. (coat the skin in oil so it doent stick to the grill you peel the skin off & arent eating the oil) Both were good & moist. But the one cooked direct on the grill had a nice grill flavor & was our favorite.
  • BandMom2
    BandMom2 Posts: 64
    Options
    these all sound so good!
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Generally, we grill, bake, or poach. You really can't mess it up. My hubby's family is Alaskan, so we practically LIVE on the stuff...

Keep in mind, too, that it's okay to eat salmon raw / rare... so if it's a little undercooked, it's fine. No worries.

(And let me put in a little plug for Wild Alaskan King Salmon... the only kind worth buying. It's sustainably harvested, super high in Omegas, and supporting pretty much an entire state's livelihood. I wouldn't eat "Atlantic," "Pacific," or "Scottish" to save my life... most of it is farm-raised in Washington State, strangely enough [and farmed salmon is evil and disgusting... the salmon end up eating their own rotting tank-mates... ew]. Unless it says "wild Alaskan" I try not to eat it. Period. But that's what living in Alaska will do to you. It's pricier than other varieties, but my inlaws would disown me if I did otherwise.)

/soapbox
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, I want fish now.
    We like our fish baked in a little butter, and sprinkled with just a little bit of lemon pepper. Once it's on plates, we squeeze a little lemon juice on top. It's also fab with cilantro.
  • Diannerv
    Diannerv Posts: 195
    Options
    Thats funny we had salmon and asparagus tonight for dinner. I am absolutely in love with these things called Mccormick recipe inspirations. There is one called Asian sesame salmon.. you can buy the spices seperately or the little packet.
    http://www.mccormick.com/Products/Herbs-and-Spices/Recipe Inspirations/Asian-Sesame-Salmon.aspx

its really good and was diiferent than I usually make it.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I usually buy smoked salmon and dont cook it at all. Make it a sandwich or put it in salad! Yummmmm! :)
    delicious, but look out on sodium! Yikes!!
  • saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    bump to save! :-P
  • crakmasta
    crakmasta Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Not a quick meal by a long shot, but i like to soak mine in a brown sugar salt brine (tried salt substitute and it was ok) Then rinse and smoke on grill on low low low for several hours. My kids hate any fish but tuna sandwiches and tear this up.