"H20" Exploding the Pounds - 10 Week Challenge - Week 2

Options

Replies

• cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    April - so sorry to hear about your pet. :(

Ladies: It sounds as if everyone is doing well! YAY!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Stewie will find his way back April....my friend lost her dog for a MONTH...found it 2 towns down. It was a little *kitten* and managed to survive all that time.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Alegria - You're too sweet! I didn't plan to have my shirt match my phone, I just really do have a lot of bright pink in my life. :laugh: Cute workout stuff makes everything better! My two newest running shirts I bought because they were stripey and colorful and fun. My hubby does the same thing as yours - same outfit every time. *shrug* Men. Boo on your driving ticket! That's a downer. I've gotten one before and it is no fun. I hope you're able to keep your insurance down. :(

CrystalS - I'm a New Balance girl. You should definitely get a pair of proper walking/running shoes, 'cause like you said, the pairs you own aren't going to be helping you any when you're out bopping around.

cazz - I hope you feel better! Make yourself a hot toddy to take care of that sore throat.

Cenedria - I am SO happy to hear that Podrunner worked for you! I'm doing a little wiggly happy dance hearing that you knocked 5 mins off your previous time. I totally LOL'd at your "sweat beast" comment. I'm lucky in that i don't sweat very much, but I do get red and blotchy in my face. So attractive. ;)

Nikstergirl - Here's the exact one I purchased (she hadn't renewed the listing yet so I couldn't sho you specifically) http://www.etsy.com/listing/71162238/ipod-touch-iphone-mp3-armband-gadget I really do have to recommend that you splurge on one. Pockets and running clothes don't really mesh well. I'd been carrying my mini wallet and phone in one hand and water bottle in the other on runs. This armband pouch makes it a ton easier. Yay for having an awesome run! Congrats on getting size 8 pants and for having the moolah to splurge on some new shoes! If you have a little more money, 6pm.com is having a big big sale on denim today. I got two pairs of jeans, $14.95 each, that normally cost $196 and $78 each.

AprilVal - Hope the cat nip calls Stewie back in. He's probably just out playing around.
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Talked to the neighbor, he thinks he saw stewie today. Thats a plus.. Now its just actually finding his little *kitten*. Hoping he shows up soon. Went for a walk with catnip twice. No luck. Ill check the door frequently, and ill search for him again tomorrow. I miss him.. :( Pray that he comes home soon.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Oh yeah, did I mention that those jeans I ordered are size 29? When I ordered I figured that would be a good size since my size 30 jeans are getting looser. Then of course a couple minutes ago I go and check a size chart and for that company apparently a size 29 correlates to a 6. :ohwell: Oops! So, we'll see when they come in if they're worth keeping. If they're not, I've got my eyes on a Tommy Bahama bikini top (only $18!) that I'm hoping I could get to fit, since it is a tie back. That way I can order a large size (need the fabric for the girls) and then I can tie it as tight as I need to to keep 'em in an upright and locked position. :laugh:
  • nursee67
    Options
    Oh yeah, did I mention that those jeans I ordered are size 29? When I ordered I figured that would be a good size since my size 30 jeans are getting looser. Then of course a couple minutes ago I go and check a size chart and for that company apparently a size 29 correlates to a 6. :ohwell: Oops! So, we'll see when they come in if they're worth keeping. If they're not, I've got my eyes on a Tommy Bahama bikini top (only $18!) that I'm hoping I could get to fit, since it is a tie back. That way I can order a large size (need the fabric for the girls) and then I can tie it as tight as I need to to keep 'em in an upright and locked position. :laugh:

Awesome for you Pinky! What a great feeling!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Just checking in - looks like I've missed quite a bit - I'm going to try and get caught up tonight :)
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm sending friend requests to you because I'd like some new supportive friends. I have some now, but I'd love some more, and this group is great! The system only let me ask 5 people in 10 minutes, so please friend me if I haven't done you yet!
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Nikstergirl- Grats on the awesome run time you are totally going to rock your 10K!

April- I'm sorry about Stewie, I know it's hard when a pet goes missing. Hoping for his safe return.

Am up super early today due to my coworker being sick. Will totally be napping later today.

Happys:
    1) Even though I'm exhausted this extra shift gets me 8 hours of overtime so YAY!
    2) Brought PB&J & sugar free pudding to work today! :)
    3) My boss is in my debt. :wink:
  • linemansgirl
    linemansgirl Posts: 152
    Options
    I am so sorry about your cat April! :cry: That is so hard! Praying for his safe return SOON!!!!! ((((HUGS))))

Sounds like everyone is doing fabulous!

I cut my carbs way back this week and both yesterday and today I am feeling :tongue: . I only made it through 12 minutes of my interval workout yesterday. Today I stopped with 11 minutes left of my P90X workout. I have done low carb in the past and it works great to shed the last few pounds quickly. I have never tried it while working out hard though. Obviously my body NEEDS the carbs to be able to "Bring It"! I am upping my carbs to 100 today, but I am going out with my hubby tonight so I saved them for then. Next week I will make sure to eat a higher carb meal before working out.

I started C25K, but then I moved on to P90X. There are several 5K races in my area in the next couple months. I think next week that I am going to pick back up with that 3 days a week and do P90X weights two days a week. I am sure that I can start back in with week 4, so I can at least be ready for the end of June race. :happy: I had decided to wait because I thought that I should get fitted for running shoes first, but I don't have any problems with my current running shoes, so I am going to go ahead and go for it! :bigsmile:

Have a spectacular weekend everyone! Happy Mother's Day to the mamas out there! :happy:
  • AprilVal
    Options
    still not sight of stewie. thanks to him i think ive gotten 3 miles in the last 2 days, just looking for him.
    Going ot drive my car back further when i go to go to work.. hoping to see something.. i miss his lil *kitten*.. never thought id be able to lvoe a cat soo much. if he doesnt return im getting to females form my friends liter that will be born soon..
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    April, I'm really sorry about Stewie. :cry: I hope you still can find him.

Mandy, sounds like you have a great plan!!! :flowerforyou:

Cenedria, YAY for the overtime. You'll be happy when that paycheck comes. :wink:

Cazz, I hope you're feeling better. :smile:

Pink, I like that ipod holder thing-y. :laugh: And YAY for the jeans - I hope they fit you perfectly!!!

I hope I didn't miss anyone. It's not intentional at all if I did.

My 3 :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :
    *All but one of my babies are feeling better!
    *It's BEAUTIFUL outside today!!
    *I am BLESSED to be a mother!

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and if you are a mother - even if it is to a fur baby :wink: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Not much to report tonight, so I'll just list my happy's...
    I purchased my iPhone armband (thanks Pink!)
    I picked up my race packet for tomorrow morning!
    The forecast has changed to a dry morning for my race!!!!!!

Woohooo!!!!! I'd love all your thoughts and prayers tomorrow morning between 9-10am (eastern time) while I run my first ever 10k!!!!! Thanks for all your support!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    update, I think we know where stewie is now. its just a matter of getting him to come out of hiding. just dont know how to get him to come out. i have cat nip out already and food..
  • CrystalS
    Options
    update, I think we know where stewie is now. its just a matter of getting him to come out of hiding. just dont know how to get him to come out. i have cat nip out already and food..

Can't wait to hear about Stewie!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Nikstergirl - YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! :flowerforyou: Wish I could come watch. :happy:
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Not that y'all need to hear it, but hellooooo tequila! :laugh: Had fun at my neighbor's house tonight. Haven't let loose with myself like that for a long time. It was fun. And I know that while I have fun, it is still within limits, and that I'll still feel good about myself tomorrow. (Do you know how many times I had to backspace while typing that?!)
  • nursee67
    Options
    Not that y'all need to hear it, but hellooooo tequila! :laugh: Had fun at my neighbor's house tonight. Haven't let loose with myself like that for a long time. It was fun. And I know that while I have fun, it is still within limits, and that I'll still feel good about myself tomorrow. (Do you know how many times I had to backspace while typing that?!)

It is good to let loose once in awhile...we all need that!
  • nursee67
    Options
    Not much to report tonight, so I'll just list my happy's...
    I purchased my iPhone armband (thanks Pink!)
    I picked up my race packet for tomorrow morning!
    The forecast has changed to a dry morning for my race!!!!!!

Woohooo!!!!! I'd love all your thoughts and prayers tomorrow morning between 9-10am (eastern time) while I run my first ever 10k!!!!! Thanks for all your support!

I know you are just rocking that race right now!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    UPDATE: Walked around the trailer park this morning, still no site of him. BUT when I cam home, I see half his cat food is missing. Im hoping Im getting closer to seeing him. i miss him!
  • CrystalS
    Options

I hope you're running with the speed of wind. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: