I have been putting this off for days...

Options
13»

Replies

• amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Dependents definitely go to the back of the line!! Plus the docs always seem to be prescribing a bunch of drugs, I think just because they have no clue what the real diagnosis is!!

Ya...prescribing "Vitamin M"....

They give out Motrin like they are free pens. Ear hurts? Vitamin M. Need an X-ray? Here, try Vitamin M. Snake bite? Vitamin M.

:laugh: :laugh:

Good Lord that brings back memories.... my ex-husband is career military, my two eldest were born in Army hospitals. I remember thinking of the unfairness of it all when after my first child was born - I received 50 (yes FIVE ZERO) stitches and a Motrin prescription. Hubby broke his arm, same prescription. WTH??? :grumble:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Dependents definitely go to the back of the line!! Plus the docs always seem to be prescribing a bunch of drugs, I think just because they have no clue what the real diagnosis is!!

They give out Motrin like they are free pens. Ear hurts? Vitamin M. Need an X-ray? Here, try Vitamin M. Snake bite? Vitamin M.

Good Lord that brings back memories.... my ex-husband is career military, my two eldest were born in Army hospitals. I remember thinking of the unfairness of it all when after my first child was born - I received 50 (yes FIVE ZERO) stitches and a Motrin prescription. Hubby broke his arm, same prescription. WTH??? :grumble:

Ya, why did they only give you 50??? LOL

Military prescriptions ~~~~~>300px-GW-Big_Pill_Bottle.jpg
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options

I completely tore up ankle once--I mean just ripped it all the tendons/muscles, whatever up, was out of work for 3 months, leg looked like it had been run over by truck, etc. Anyway, Navy docs gave me Motrin. I said I think I need something stronger--that I couldn't take enough Motrin to keep down the pain.

the guy looked at me and said "take two every hour on the hour until the pain goes away or your ears begin to ring. Stop at either point. If your ears begin to ring, wait 2 hours, then start taking them again."

I kid you not.. :sick:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options

I completely tore up ankle once--I mean just ripped it all the tendons/muscles, whatever up, was out of work for 3 months, leg looked like it had been run over by truck, etc. Anyway, Navy docs gave me Motrin. I said I think I need something stronger--that I couldn't take enough Motrin to keep down the pain.

the guy looked at me and said "take two every hour on the hour until the pain goes away or your ears begin to ring. Stop at either point. If your ears begin to ring, wait 2 hours, then start taking them again."

I kid you not.. :sick:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Is there some guy back at main DoD who is making this stuff on his own with sand? FREAKS! :laugh:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Hey PL< I just got back from Men's Weekend, and was all expecting to hear that you went to the doc and got it all figured out, and are doing better?:flowerforyou: What gives sis? Is it sciataca, or whatever? And are you doing anything besides the Motrin Shuffle for it? Luvya! :tongue: