Coffee = Appetite supressant?

13»

Replies

• ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    My coffee suppresses my appetite. Today I had it around 9 and all's I've eaten is a banana (ate it at 12, only because I was bored..)
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Yes, I drink one cup of coffee with skim milk and no sugar daily, and I'm never hungry in the morning.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Caffeine is a diuretic, so be careful using it as an appetite suppressant. I'm not saying don't use it, just understand how the mechanics work. You need to replace the fluids the diuretic effect the coffee is having on you, which means drinking extra water a little later on.

The appetite suppression effects of caffeine will dwindle over time, but the diuretic effect will not. Many people have a great deal of difficulty differentiating hunger and thirst, and will eat something when in fact their body is calling for water.

Only if consumed in large quantities. The amount of caffeine vs. the liquid does nothing for your average drinker. Such a myth that no one bothers to research.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,251 Member
    It definitely surpresses my appetite as well. If I know I'm not going to be able to eat breakfast for some reason, or won't be able to eat lunch until later, I drink extra coffee in the morning.
This discussion has been closed.