GET FOCUSED IN MAY Challenge

Options

Replies

• happyhappyjoy72
    Options
    Day 1. I did 45 min on the elliptical before work!! I do have a question. The heart rate monitors on our gym equipment do not work so i use my heart rate monitor. So do i take my calories burned off the elliptical or my heart rate monitor? There is like a 120 calorie difference! The elliptical said my heart rate was only 47 when i was really chugging along and my hrm said it was 150. My calories burned on the elliptical said 370 and my hrm said 560.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Day 1. I did 45 min on the elliptical before work!! I do have a question. The heart rate monitors on our gym equipment do not work so i use my heart rate monitor. So do i take my calories burned off the elliptical or my heart rate monitor? There is like a 120 calorie difference! The elliptical said my heart rate was only 47 when i was really chugging along and my hrm said it was 150. My calories burned on the elliptical said 370 and my hrm said 560.
    I would go with my personal HRM.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble thinking of a 3rd goal, any suggestions?

How about to get no less than 4-5 servings of veggies/fruit per day?

Disagree on the fruit front - some of us may be on a restricted nutrition plan due to health issues.

Just an idea, but good point how everyone is different. Along with my spinach (which I looove) I have to have my strawberries otherwise I end up with other issues:blushing: :laugh:

Hope everyone is having an awesome day!

How about making a point of eating a solid breakfast every morning.
  • happyhappyjoy72
    Options
    Mini challenge done!!:happy:
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Bumping to join!! (Thanks, Fesse)!!! :heart:
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I know I am late to the party. but its fashionably late, And I wanna join, please, please, this is where all the cool people are.
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Oh, and CHECK on my mini goal today! Great idea :drinker:
  • dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Fun stuff! Let's get started!
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I want in!!! I mailed Vi....Hope i can help motivate and inspire, just as so many have done for me!!!
  • beanie242
    beanie242 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble thinking of a 3rd goal, any suggestions?

How about to get no less than 4-5 servings of veggies/fruit per day?

Sounds just right! I'm on no special diet so that will be my 3rd goal. Thanks!
  • happyhappyjoy72
    Options
    I would go with my personal HRM.
    Thanks!! That has been bugging me.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    can i get the chart too...not sure what may will bring as i too am adjusting myself this month after not so greatness in april.....i'll be back to check things out...
  • happyhappyjoy72
    Options
    OMG I'm so tired!! I switched my workout times from 4pm to 6am because of my husband’s work schedule and this is the first week and I could fall asleep on my desk!! I'm trying to go to bed by 10pm but I’m waking up around 4am and having a hard time falling back asleep. I also stepped on the scale and only lost 2lb and this is my second week. I should not have stepped on the scale, this always happens to me, I step on then get discouraged. So between being tired and discouraged Idk if I can do this!! UGH!!! I'm in a rut!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Just joined...happy to be here! :wink:
  • ttfit2
    ttfit2 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Definitely needed this group this month as I was getting refocused this month. I am committing to my health and fitness these 31 days. Glad to have the support to go along with it.

Last month was not good for me. This month is better already.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    All 7 goals yesterday!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFV-jY31VXGYCwdyR667KqPgWkrJH8gcKAia-r9DGHIbwq0bvw&t=1
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    can i join? is it too late? i will PM you :)
  • ttfit2
    Options
    My day is rolling very well so far. This morning had my Chocolate Shakeology for breakfast; grilled chicken thigh+salad for lunch; greek yogurt+homemade granola for mid morning snack. My workout today for Insanity's Max Interval Circuit.

Tonight I will have a pulled pork tenderloin sandwich+cucumbers+tomatoes with Mrs Dash on it+balsamic vinegar.

I feel so good when I eat right.

Stay strong everybody. Have a great day!!!
  • beanie242
    beanie242 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was horrible for me, being bored to work led to overeating junk food, and was just to tired by the time I was done to exercise. Today's been much better though, already have 3/4 my water and finished turbofire for the day.
  • ttfit2
    Options
    Good morning all. This is week 2 of the May challenge to stay focused. For everyone asking can you join in now of course you can. It's never too late to start. We are all here to support and encourage one another.

I can't remember exactly who it was who did Turbo Fire, but I do that workout and you burn a ton of calories for sure with that program. It is so much fun.

I hope everyone has a great start of a day and stay focused. I have my lunch and snacks all packed for the day at work. Planning is half the battle for me with nutrition. I try not to allow myself to be in a situation where I don't have a healthy snack.