ANY SOCCER FANS OUT THERE? DISCUSSION THREAD.

Options
bmontgomery87
bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
I figured there's gotta be a few fans out there.
I know bodybuilding.com had an awesome soccer discussion thread, so I figured I'd try to get one started here.

Replies

• philiphirons
    philiphirons Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yup, Stoke City fan :)
  • Glasspack
    Glasspack Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Arsenal in the EPL & the hometown UNION in MLS.
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    i play.. i forget to watch it sometimes, but im a huge fan of Real Madrid!

Hala Madrid!!!
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Chelsea FC all the way.

**EDIT - Sunday's game should be interesting...
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I fear I am the first girl to comment.. but I play indoor, and out door (recreationally)

I live in seattle so naturally the sounders are my team... and my husband and I would really really love to go to the world cup when it is hosted by brazil! (he lived there for a couple years!)

haha

edited... second girl to comment!
  • nurse_chris
    nurse_chris Posts: 189
    Options
    Gunners all the way and local squad Toronto FC...... Soon to be Montreal woot!!!!!
  • superjarrod1616
    superjarrod1616 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Glory, Glory Man United Here. Got cheated out of a PK against Arsenal! Take care of Chelsea and all is well!
  • Nysie5
    Options
    I fear I am the first girl to comment.. but I play indoor, and out door (recreationally)

I live in seattle so naturally the sounders are my team... and my husband and I would really really love to go to the world cup when it is hosted by brazil!

haha

edited... second girl to comment!

nah, i beat ya to it.. i used to play indoor and i play outdoor twice a week... me and my girls are thinking about making it to the world cup in brazil too!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Die-hard Manchester United fan (and have been since about 1980).
  • SheehyCFC
    Options
    Glory, Glory Man United Here. Got cheated out of a PK against Arsenal! Take care of Chelsea and all is well!

Vidic should have been sent off in the first half anyway... would have changed the game (though you got cheated... and we got gifted 2 goals).

As for Sunday - but if you don't, it's our turn to repeat.
  • purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    man united fan here :)
  • skinnyjeans13
    skinnyjeans13 Posts: 179
    Options
    Juventus and Montreal Impact fan right heeere!
  • Nysie5
    Options
    man united fan here :)

Chicharito!!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Vidic should have been sent off in the first half anyway... would have changed the game (though you got cheated... and we got gifted 2 goals).

As for Sunday - but if you don't, it's our turn to repeat.
    The Vidic incident was a very grey area. From two different angles it looks like he did touch the ball but from a third angle it looks like he didn't actually touch it. If he did touch it, he was very lucky to get away with it (but then again Maradonna got away with an even more blatant handball in the 1986 World Cup as did Thierry Henry against Ireland in the 2010 World Cup qualifying match :explode: ).

The Chelsea v Spurs game on Saturday, and, the United v Arsenal game on Sunday both add weight to the argument to have a TMO (Television Match Official) like in rugby.

The Premiership is going to get very very interesting for the last few games.
  • SheehyCFC
    Options
    Vidic handled the ball. Lampard's goal didn't cross the line. They are WAY overdue for a TMO.
    LETS GO BLUES.

PS: F'ing Henry - that Ireland no-call was a disgrace.

**EDIT - changed "he" to "vidic"
  • snowflakelaia
    snowflakelaia Posts: 214
    Options
    FC BARCELONA fan here!

we're going to win the Champions League... ^_^ -I hope at least! heheh

I also like Manchester United and Bayern München.

Going to spend next Thursday playing soccer at work!
  • purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    lol i used to play with my uni's women's football team, i didn't make the 1st team booooo haven't played in a while :p
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    DC United fan here. What a rough few years.

Also, I saw the Lampard goal for Chelsea. That was not a goal.
  • SheehyCFC
    Options
    Also, I saw the Lampard goal for Chelsea. That was not a goal.
    I'm a HUGE CFC fan, and even I claim there's no way that is a goal. We deserved to win, but not like that. it's a shame.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Chelsea FC all the way.

**EDIT - Sunday's game should be interesting...

agreed. united fan here. a lot people got cocky and were saying we already had the title, now it's getting exciting. I'm gonna be on the edge of my seat this weekend.