ANY SOCCER FANS OUT THERE? DISCUSSION THREAD.

Options

Replies

• bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    wow a lot more responses here than i was expecting.

United supporter here and I feel Vidic should have been sent off. It was blatant, and he got lucky.
    We were cheated out of a free kick, but as stated, the official missed the handball call and may have let is slide to even things out.

This is going to be one amazing weekend in EPL football.

Not to mention the CL matches this week. Barca v United in the final should be interesting. I just hate watching barca play, it's so boring compared to the english style of play.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Not to mention the CL matches this week. Barca v United in the final should be interesting. I just hate watching barca play, it's so boring compared to the english style of play.
    Hopefully it will be a reversal of the result of the 2009 CL Final. fingersx.gif
  • cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm an Arsenal fan
    Was at the game against man u
    Vidic was a clear handball, should have been red t clichy was rash on the tackle late on but Owen was already offside.
    Stupid decisions this weekend in the EPL. They need to sort it out

A
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    chelsea
  • bmontgomery87
    Options
    I'm an Arsenal fan
    Was at the game against man u
    Vidic was a clear handball, should have been red t clichy was rash on the tackle late on but Owen was already offside.
    Stupid decisions this weekend in the EPL. They need to sort it out

A
    It was definately a tough call on the vidic handball. The center official had a bad angle but I would've thought the a.r. wudve called it. I saw it at normal speed and it was a tough call. Slow motion it was easy to see. I'm all for keeping the game as simple as possible but this weekend made me want goal line technology after that chelsea goal. And replays after the united v gunners match. That one bad call in the chelsea game could keep tottenham out of the champions league and that ticks me off.
  • superjarrod1616
    superjarrod1616 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Glory, Glory Man United Here. Got cheated out of a PK against Arsenal! Take care of Chelsea and all is well!

Vidic should have been sent off in the first half anyway... would have changed the game (though you got cheated... and we got gifted 2 goals).

As for Sunday - but if you don't, it's our turn to repeat.
    The Vidic incident was a very grey area. From two different angles it looks like he did touch the ball but from a third angle it looks like he didn't actually touch it. If he did touch it, he was very lucky to get away with it (but then again Maradonna got away with an even more blatant handball in the 1986 World Cup as did Thierry Henry against Ireland in the 2010 World Cup qualifying match :explode: ).

The Chelsea v Spurs game on Saturday, and, the United v Arsenal game on Sunday both add weight to the argument to have a TMO (Television Match Official) like in rugby.

The Premiership is going to get very very interesting for the last few games.

Hopefully it is over on Sunday!! Go MAN U
  • bmontgomery87
    Options
    ^^We'll see what happens. I'm pretty excited for that. I had my fingers crossed for another treble, really sucks that city took that away from us.
  • sshaw101
    sshaw101 Posts: 4
    Options
    Southampton fan.

Just clinched promotion to the Championship, be back in the Premiership in 2 or 3 years.
  • bmontgomery87
    Options
    bump.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    My two favorite teams will meet in the UEFA Championship on May 28th. Unless something extraordinary happens, I am prediciting FC Barcelona over Man U.
  • bmontgomery87
    Options
    My two favorite teams will meet in the UEFA Championship on May 28th. Unless something extraordinary happens, I am prediciting FC Barcelona over Man U.

Most likely correct. I'm bummed about it. I feel like its going to be a terribly boring game. Barcelona is a great team, but their style is so boring for the fans to watch. Thankfully English football looks nothing like that.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure FC Barcelona will dominate possession and frustrate Man U. It's either going to be really boring or lop-sided. Regardless, though, I will be watching.
  • bmontgomery87
    Options
    ^^I say they'll dominate possession for sure. The back four is gonna pass the ball back and forth for 70 minutes.

There's a clip online showing Ronaldo's frustration while playing barca. He's running all over the place trying to get the ball from barca's back line. They have to be the most frustrating team to play.
  • AnoukDoutyBatya
    Options
    AJAX (Holland) !! Fan since birth :)
  • cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Barcelona is a great team, but their style is so boring for the fans to watch.
    How can you say that they are way better to watch than man u. There style is the way football should be played, just because they are in a different league and it's not as intense as the BPL. What I didn't like was all the cheating that happened against R.Madrid . They are the best footballing team on the planet and maybe the best ever.
  • purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Stoke beat Arsenal LMAO
    Man united beat Chelsea :D good day!!! :D
    1 more point & we're confirmed champions :)
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Stoke beat Arsenal LMAO
    Man united beat Chelsea :D good day!!! :D
    I nearly collapsed when I got in from work and turned on the TV to see that there was 5 minutes left in the Arsenal match and they were losing 3 - 1 to stoke. smiley-laughing011.gif

Glory Glory Man United. smiley-happy057.gif
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    Sheff United
  • bmontgomery87
    Options

alex-ferguson.jpg