Confession....

Options
Alright, I've been MIA for a week or so cause I was spending it with my fiance before he deployed. I wasn't doing too bad calorie wise, despite rarely (if ever) working out. However, yesterday after they loaded up on the bus to leave and I headed home to Idaho (we live in neighboring states)... I totally binged. I haven't done it in months and I knew I shouldn't but I just did!

I felt bad...not horrible....cause I knew I'd have to get back on track ASAP. Which would basically be today.

There were just so many mixed emotions and stuff....we'd hoped to get married before he left but that never ended up happening. Since I am sure you can guess that I am an emotional eater due to the little bender I mentioned. I am really stressed out and depressed. I don't feel sad per say, but I don't really feel happy anymore either...I mean I don't even want to smile!!!

Anyway... I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Alright, I've been MIA for a week or so cause I was spending it with my fiance before he deployed. I wasn't doing too bad calorie wise, despite rarely (if ever) working out. However, yesterday after they loaded up on the bus to leave and I headed home to Idaho (we live in neighboring states)... I totally binged. I haven't done it in months and I knew I shouldn't but I just did!

I felt bad...not horrible....cause I knew I'd have to get back on track ASAP. Which would basically be today.

There were just so many mixed emotions and stuff....we'd hoped to get married before he left but that never ended up happening. Since I am sure you can guess that I am an emotional eater due to the little bender I mentioned. I am really stressed out and depressed. I don't feel sad per say, but I don't really feel happy anymore either...I mean I don't even want to smile!!!

Anyway... I just wanted to get that off my chest.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Cheer up, your guy will be back in no time!
    You still have the rest of your lives,
    you don't want to rush the whole marriage anyway,
    when he gets back you'll have time to plan it all out.

In the meantime, get an even more smokin body and welcome him home next time!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    One binger isn't bad! In fact, many people recommend that once a month or so you do have a "I don't care" type meal to keep your body guessing and shake it up a little.

Plus, with what you're going through with the deployment, you needed it!

Now, wipe your tears and climb back up on the wagon. We'll slow the wagon down for you so you can catch up easy!
    transport-lfdpn-038.gif
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    I agree with mj. And don't beat yourself up over yesterday. I can't imagine how emotional it was for you. Today is a new day, be thankful for the time you spent together, and take this time to focus on you. Take care :heart:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    One binger isn't bad! In fact, many people recommend that once a month or so you do have a "I don't care" type meal to keep your body guessing and shake it up a little.

Plus, with what you're going through with the deployment, you needed it!

Now, wipe your tears and climb back up on the wagon. We'll slow the wagon down for you so you can catch up easy!
    transport-lfdpn-038.gif

:laugh:

I haven't even givin in to crying yet.....got pretty close....I am trying to hold it all together for my daughter, parents, etc.....sometime I will.
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I haven't even givin in to crying yet.....got pretty close....I am trying to hold it all together for my daughter, parents, etc.....sometime I will.
    [/quote]

Hey, maybe if you give yourself permission to cry ( even just a tiny bit..:cry: ) the eating won't have such a pull. Not that I'm a professional or anything, just that I've finally learned ( after how many years?) that crying on the right shoulder has an awesome power to relieve and heal. Instead of stuffing everything in a box so no one can see, and holding the box shut with food, use that box for the damp tissues!

Lot'sa folks here willing to lend a shoulder and some kleenex!! IMHO, letting your daughter see a few tears leak might let her know it's OK to be sad....then put the shoulders back, put a smile on and be the incredibly strong woman that you are.

Ezzie
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I just am blah these days....

I am sitting here, at work (school starts in a week and a few days....so there will be kiddies everywhere) and I am just so unmotivated. I don't want to work, I don't want to work out tonight when I get home, I don't want to eat (although I did get a Chai tea and a fiber one bar), and I just feel numb/empty...

Crap, it's not even been a full day yet! How is a year gonna go!?!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

Hey, maybe if you give yourself permission to cry ( even just a tiny bit..:cry: ) the eating won't have such a pull. Not that I'm a professional or anything, just that I've finally learned ( after how many years?) that crying on the right shoulder has an awesome power to relieve and heal. Instead of stuffing everything in a box so no one can see, and holding the box shut with food, use that box for the damp tissues!

Lot'sa folks here willing to lend a shoulder and some kleenex!! IMHO, letting your daughter see a few tears leak might let her know it's OK to be sad....then put the shoulders back, put a smile on and be the incredibly strong woman that you are.

Ezzie
    [/quote]

I am not a huge fan of crying in public. I mean I was one of the only women there yesterday not crying...I felt bad that I couldn't but at the same time I knew it wouldn't help my fiance any....

My daughter has seen me cry a few times....it kinda upsets her. She didn't get to go say goodbye and he's been the only father figure she's had. I am afraid that me losing it would cause her to lose it (and she's under so much stress....she is starting kindergarten tomorrow and she's very shy...I've tried to reassure her....but I am worried about her).

My tears have always been a private matter.
    I do appreciate MFP cause everyone is so helpful and supportive.....that's why I mentioned the issue I had yesterday in the first place.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss you're feeling. Even though it's temporary, it is still a loss - the physical contact, the emotional support, the distance. But you're a strong woman and can get through this. But realize strength doesn't mean not letting yourself "grieve" what you're missing for the moment. And hope is our biggest friend. None of us would be on this website without it.

Congrats on your little girl starting kindergarten. Big step for both mommy and little one. My kids are going into first and third, and I've shed a few private tears over losing them again for yet another year. But what a thing to be able to celebrate.

Take care of yourself. Time goes slowly when we're missing something, but you can keep busy by watching over your MFP family here and helping to keep us together.

BTW, never got a chance to say before, but LOVE the hairdo. Saucy!
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    "Crap, it's not even been a full day yet! How is a year gonna go!?!"

I can't speak for every military spouse but I can tell you from my own experience (and being an Army brat who married an Army brat who became a Navy lifer, experience in this area is something I've certainly had) how to get through it. First, give yourself permission to experience every emotion ~ the sadness, the anger, the fear, etc. then once you've done that, you wipe your eyes, get back up and take it one day at a time, knowing that your man is a hero in the truest sense of the word and he's surrounded by love and prayers. Yes, the first few days are NOT the best of times but it DOES get better. Take it from an old-been-there-done-that-and-survived-the-experience wife of a USN Ret. Navy Chief :)
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss you're feeling. Even though it's temporary, it is still a loss - the physical contact, the emotional support, the distance. But you're a strong woman and can get through this. But realize strength doesn't mean not letting yourself "grieve" what you're missing for the moment. And hope is our biggest friend. None of us would be on this website without it.

Congrats on your little girl starting kindergarten. Big step for both mommy and little one. My kids are going into first and third, and I've shed a few private tears over losing them again for yet another year. But what a thing to be able to celebrate.

Take care of yourself. Time goes slowly when we're missing something, but you can keep busy by watching over your MFP family here and helping to keep us together.

Thanks, the hair is growing out a bit.... I am not sure if I'll stick with it. At least I know I can pull it off though. My faince asked how long it would take to get long again (in my book chin length in long). :laugh:

I can't believe she's going to be in kindergarten either.....I feel so old! She's ready though, I just hope school doesn't kill her love of learning. Is that horrible to say, since I am a teacher too?

I think MFP and really focusing on my weight loss will keep my mind busy while he's away, at least that is what I am hoping for. That time will pass faster because I have something to be doing all the time.

I am sure I will grieve when I am ready...I think I may be in denial,
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

Thanks, the hair is growing out a bit.... I am not sure if I'll stick with it. At least I know I can pull it off though. My faince asked how long it would take to get long again (in my book chin length in long). :laugh:

I can't believe she's going to be in kindergarten either.....I feel so old! She's ready though, I just hope school doesn't kill her love of learning. Is that horrible to say, since I am a teacher too?

I think MFP and really focusing on my weight loss will keep my mind busy while he's away, at least that is what I am hoping for. That time will pass faster because I have something to be doing all the time.

I am sure I will grieve when I am ready...I think I may be in denial,
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    "Crap, it's not even been a full day yet! How is a year gonna go!?!"

I can't speak for every military spouse but I can tell you from my own experience (and being an Army brat who married an Army brat who became a Navy lifer, experience in this area is something I've certainly had) how to get through it. First, give yourself permission to experience every emotion ~ the sadness, the anger, the fear, etc. then once you've done that, you wipe your eyes, get back up and take it one day at a time, knowing that your man is a hero in the truest sense of the word and he's surrounded by love and prayers. Yes, the first few days are NOT the best of times but it DOES get better. Take it from an old-been-there-done-that-and-survived-the-experience wife of a USN Ret. Navy Chief :)

What if something happens? You've been-there-done-that.....does that fear ever go away or do you get used to it?
  • carlotta
    carlotta Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i remember all too well, even though it has been awhile, the emotions that you go thru as you watch the one you love leave on deployment. since we were both serving, it was him that left, while i stayed behind being the single mother and a Marine. It never got any easier but i learned certain tricks. i found that if i thought of tomorrow i would be filled with dispair and doubt but when i just took whatever task i was doing at the time and just....thought of that only, i could make it thru the days until it no longer hurt so much to think of tomorrow. everyone is different and deals with pain differently.
    you sound like you have a very good head on your sholders. and it seems like your support network is strong too. take it one minute at a time, then one day at a time and before you know it.....the year will be up. in the meantime.....take care of you and your daughter. the rest will fall into place.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    i remember all too well, even though it has been awhile, the emotions that you go thru as you watch the one you love leave on deployment. since we were both serving, it was him that left, while i stayed behind being the single mother and a Marine. It never got any easier but i learned certain tricks. i found that if i thought of tomorrow i would be filled with dispair and doubt but when i just took whatever task i was doing at the time and just....thought of that only, i could make it thru the days until it no longer hurt so much to think of tomorrow. everyone is different and deals with pain differently.
    you sound like you have a very good head on your sholders. and it seems like your support network is strong too. take it one minute at a time, then one day at a time and before you know it.....the year will be up. in the meantime.....take care of you and your daughter. the rest will fall into place.

I am so stuck in the "What if..." mentality...I am sure you know exactly what I am talking about.
    I am trying to zone in on just this moment....it's been so long since I had to do that (since my divorce and I zoned into college). I will try harder.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    After the birth of my first son who is now 10 my hubby went overseas for 18 mths. My son was only 2 mths old when he left. I know exactly how you feel. Just make sure that you open yourself up to the ones that love you. I moved back home to be with my family when my hubby left and I really think that saved me.

Connie

86258.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    After the birth of my first son who is now 10 my hubby went overseas for 18 mths. My son was only 2 mths old when he left. I know exactly how you feel. Just make sure that you open yourself up to the ones that love you. I moved back home to be with my family when my hubby left and I really think that saved me.

Connie

86258.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I am back home too.
    Teaching....which doesn't excite me.....but I need to be doing something.
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    First, let me thank you for sharing your loved one. Because of him and others like him, we have the freedoms we do today. So thank you, to both you and him.

I wish I could message something insightful and instantly uplifting. I know your heart must be heavy, and if I were in your area, I would do whatever I could to cheer you up. Time will pass quickly, and before you know it, your fiance will be home to stay.

Be strong, but cry if you need to. And don't forget, we're here if you need us.

Rae
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    First, let me thank you for sharing your loved one. Because of him and others like him, we have the freedoms we do today. So thank you, to both you and him.

I wish I could message something insightful and instantly uplifting. I know your heart must be heavy, and if I were in your area, I would do whatever I could to cheer you up. Time will pass quickly, and before you know it, your fiance will be home to stay.

Be strong, but cry if you need to. And don't forget, we're here if you need us.

Rae

Thanks, I appreciate the support.
  • laine23
    laine23 Posts: 39
    Options
    u're love story is so sad!
    stay strong though!
    get hotter when he's not there but don't tell him. he'll have a suprise and u'll have a great motivation!