Options
2»

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    u're love story is so sad!
    stay strong though!
    get hotter when he's not there but don't tell him. he'll have a suprise and u'll have a great motivation!

Thank you, that is very kind of you.
    I will work hard...I just need to get re-motivated
  • laine23
    laine23 Posts: 39
    Options

Thank you, that is very kind of you.
    I will work hard...I just need to get re-motivated

as u told me before... that's why we're here!! :wink:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    HAHA! :laugh:

Got me on that one.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Also, my little baby girl starts kindergarten tomorrow and my dad (since I am living at home and I had to start work at school yesterday) is going to make her ride the bus the very first day of school! I am practically hysterical! :sick:
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Also, my little baby girl starts kindergarten tomorrow and my dad (since I am living at home and I had to start work at school yesterday) is going to make her ride the bus the very first day of school! I am practically hysterical! :sick:

Deep breaths. In............... Out............. In............. Out............
    It will be ok. (keep breathing.)

You can call the school office first thing in the morning and make sure she arrives okay and is shown where to go.

b.r.e.a.t.h.

((Hugs from one mom to another.))

Please let us know how her first day goes.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Okay so a few things on this one.. you pulled at my heart strings...

I am the deployed one and I will let you in on a secret -- those fears are the same on this side - just different - what if the car breaks down, what if the baby gets sick , what if she breaks her arm (oh that happened:grumble: ) all of those thoughts are on our minds as well.. OK so if that doesn't help here's a different approach --

I am always separated from my kiddos and NO the pain doesn't go away, it just dulls and you find ways around it.. write LOTs, email, letters, care packages keep it going through out - it will help you and help him... I do this with my kids all the time. (and when deployed with my hubby hubby)

And I want to say -- crying is not a weakness it is a human response to stress.. your daughter might get freaked out but what is wrong with her learning that crying is a response that is healthier than stuffing your emotions in a private place for special moments. CRY if you feel like it - life sucks sometimes.

Shoot- my oldest had a really hard time so you know what we did -- we wrote our feelings out on paper, shredded the paper, got to say "man this really sucks" and then cried together. She smiled afterward and said thanks mom, I needed that.

You can get through this - the first week - 10 days are the worst then you get into a routine. OH and to sleep better(can imagine you're either sleeping a lot or not at all??) exercise it will also destress you -- even if you don't feel like it.. walk your happy butt on the treadmill and think of nothing but the padding of your shoes (or whatever you do for exercise).

WOW - I had a lot to say - sorry.:embarassed:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Thank you so much you guys....

TNTPete - I just don't want my fears and worries to filter over to him, because I don't want to add to his pressure and stress already. Is that ok, or do you think he'd want to know some of that so he at least knows what is worrying me? It wasn't long at all, it was just right and made me feel a little better.

Jl- I'll let you know how it goes tonight....I am still so nervous.....

You guys are so wonderful.
    My heart just feels sad....which it shouldn't, I have so much going for me......
    I don't want my daughter to feel neglected (cause my dad who is always on my case cause I don't "do" family time....aka watch TV....yeah he and I are my worst critics) I don't think things have changed much....I don't smile as much as I used to....but I always have smiles for her (well....when there isn't that constant whinning sound....any of you guys ever get that?)

I am already thinking of a box to go out early Sept cause he'll only be in training til either sept or oct but doesn't know exactly when he goes overseas.

Any pointers on things for packages would be awesome.
    Lucky for me.....he doesn't LOVE chocolate.
  • TNTPete
    Options
    I have to be honest-- when my hubby spills his guts a little I kinda feel like, yeah - we are in this together and yes, it does suck. Now too much could be bad as adding stress wouldn't be good. But what my hubby and I did (not right away) was write to each other about our anxieties, our worries, our expectations etc. what we're going through. And it's nice to be missed:smile:

For example, when I left last time all I could do was think it sucked for me, I forgot that he was left behind answering to all the folks where I was, seeing my clothes, smelling my soaps. You know the little things that catch you off guard. I didn't think of that. I just thought, man 120F sucks!! and I don't want to be here anymore!! haha.

And neither of you have it "easier" it's just different. People who make it through these things find their relationships so much stronger, tested, but stronger. So I would lean on that thought.

I think it is normal to have a sad heart -- give yourself time to heal girlie.. Then focus on - -man I am going to be HOT when he gets home -- if fact my hubby and I have a who's going to be HOTTER thing going on that we joke about. Of course, I'll win - :wink:

Keep talking, keep faith, and keep your chin up -- time will pass. In the mean time here is an article I think will help
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/relationships/couples/life_longdistance.shtml

Boxes here ya go (based on personal preferences):
    BROWNIES (okay chocolate but I love 'em - substitute favorite HOME made sweet if he has one)
    Protein bars
    Odd games if he likes that sort of thing.. we got a magic eight ball in from someone
    Magazines
    Trail mix
    Drink mixers (crystal light, Replenish)
    A letter with your lips imprinted (so corny but I sent one to my hubby and he loved it)
    Pringles
    Pretzles
    Micro popcorn (depends on location)
    Snack things
    Even if he doesn't like them his buds might and he'll know they were from you. My husband sent me 8 bags of jerky.. what am I going to do with that, but the guy at work enjoyed it!!( and I liked the thought)
    Just a few thoughts.... :happy:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    :laugh:
    Okay, I will try to figure out what he likes most for boxes....he is a licorice nut.

Alright, I will try to share a little....I just don't want to be more of a burden.
    I mean, I am pretty reserved (I am an internalizer) so it's tough to "let it out"
    I have been known not to share my thoughts/concerns recently simply cause I know it would add one more thing to plague his mind....

I will have to work on that....
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Update: Kiddo loved school....what can I say its the first day....
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Update: Kiddo loved school....what can I say its the first day....

You both made it through!!!

Whew!
    Oh happy day!
    Elizabeth-Calvert-POCS-opt.jpg
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Aww hunny! I have been know to pig out occassionally under stress too....I'm sorry to hear your fiance has been deployed..I hope the time goes by quickly and he returns home to you safely :)
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Thanks you guys.
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    BTW, you r looking hot! I LOOOOVE your hair in that picture!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    BTW, you r looking hot! I LOOOOVE your hair in that picture!

Ahhh, thanks I appreciate that
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    YW :) Glad to have you back
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    It's good to be back....transition is slower then i has hoped for though.
  • TNTPete
    Options
    Yeah -- school day! So sad.. but such a good thing for the kiddos. My older girls started Monday. Another year! And Band for the older one.. wow does it go fast!!

:drinker: