MFP.... facebook for health nuts?

Options
RCKT82
RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
I deleted my facebook account back in January because I was found myself logging on with my phone, at my work computer, and at home whenever I had the chance.

I think MFP just slipped into that spot! but I love it, this site is so much more inspirational and the people here are so much more down to earth! You guys rock!

Anyone else overly addicted (but in a good way) to MFP???

Replies

• sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES haha.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! At work all the time!!
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    heys it hulk again. i have to agree. im on here all the time!
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    Yes! Lol, i was having this discussion yesterday - people are missing me on facebook and twitter....i always check mfp for status etc....its nicer to see things from people on the same journey!
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    same here. I am giving facebook a 40 day break. It was starting to depress me
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i definitely am. i find myself extremely bored when i'm on facebook. mfp rocks!
  • VICKYORTIZ
    VICKYORTIZ Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Me and my buddy are hooked.
  • fabulousfebe
    fabulousfebe Posts: 204
    Options
    YES!! I check in here before my Facebook!! :love:
  • lynnie_1
    lynnie_1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    YES I Think i'm addicted especially at looking at the before and after pictures of people its so inspiring!!
  • Lefriedline
    Lefriedline Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! And I'd much rather be addicted to this than facebook..as you said, a lot more inspiration here!
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Yup! It's really comforting to hang out here when you know that people truly do understand what you're going through. A lot of my friends from high school are fit, skinny, healthy looking people, even if they do party and drink a lot. I come here and there are people on the same journey I am and that helps keep me going.
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! But it's a healthy addiction... instead of getting caught up in everyone elses' lives and trying to "keep up with the Jones" on Facebook, I'd much rather be getting inspired and getting in touch with like-minded people on MFP!
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I deleted my facebook account back in January because I was found myself logging on with my phone, at work computer, and at home whenever I had the chance.

I think MFP just slipped into that spot! but I love it, this site is so much more inspirational and the people here are so much more down to earth!

I did the same thing. I would be sitting in microbiology looking at facebook for the entire 3 hours of class haha and now I catch myself doing the same thing on here... but it helps me lose weight better than facebook did for sure.
  • alana926
    alana926 Posts: 33
    Options
    yup, on here multiple times a day I love it!!!!
  • nina1968
    nina1968 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yes every chance i get, I log on to mfp
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I have to switch between both. My girlfriend talks to me on facebook. I usually spend more time here though.
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    YES! ! ! My FB friends gave me trouble about not logging in and commenting or replying to comments. I LOVE MFP! Everyone here is on similar journeys and have the same "HEALTHY GOALS".
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Yeah totally addicted and the site isnt blocked so I can get on at work!!!!!!!!!!
  • KayleighDawn13
    Options
    Most definitely!!!!!!!
  • MariaAlexandra
    MariaAlexandra Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I deleted my facebook account back in January because I was found myself logging on with my phone, at work computer, and at home whenever I had the chance.

I think MFP just slipped into that spot! but I love it, this site is so much more inspirational and the people here are so much more down to earth!

YAY!! Good for you! : ) I thought i was the only one that used MFP more than facebook! I like my facebook account thought so i wouldn't delete it, i barely go on it, anyway - maybe twice a day for the weekday and about 5 in the weekend? MFP definitely on it CONSTANTLY: ) i love the people here :)