Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Slytherin

Options

Replies

• ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I was just trying to make a point that we should all stay active daily and make goals if we want to improve. :) Wasnt trying to smash on anyone and it def. wasnt suppose to be at anyone individually. I think we did an awesome job this week! Hufflepuff won this weeks, but I know we can win this week:)

Did you read people commenting on the main thread that they hope anyone but Slytherin won?? Lets show them what we're all about! :) Go Teammm !!
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Pah! What do they know? We can totally do this!
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    dinner- bacon cheeseburger pizza! A new recipe this week! 1 pizza crust, 1/2 pound ground sirloin (90/10), 6 strips center cut oscar meyer bacon, 1 tablespoon italian seasoning, and of course pizza sauce. I didn't use much pizza sauce because I don't like a lot on my pizza. It is AWESOME!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Just an update for my week - yesterday I burnt 607 calories and today it was 450. I was really proud of myself today, I had a long, emotionally draining day (both me and my husband did) and after I entered all my food I was way over so I hit the gym until I burnt off the calories - despite being nearly asleep on the couch with a killer headache that Advil wouldn't tough - now I am headache free! So that's my NSV!

Love the recipes! I thought I'd share my normal breakfast with you.

1 Food for Life sprouted corn tortilla
    Spread with homemade guacamole (ripe avocado, lemon juice and coriander power)
    1 egg and 1 egg white scrambled with feta and sweet chili sauce
    spinach

317 calories and SO GOOD! It's high in protein and keeps me full (I'll eat all day if I don't have a good breakfast).
    Tomorrow, however, I'm going to try it with Romaine as the wrap to see if I like it - if I do it will make it 270 calories!
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My Check in:
    This week is going great so far. Monday I burned 519 calories, yesterday I burned 386, and today 627. I’ve been under on calories by over 200 calories everyday so far even after eating back some exercise calories.
    Here is a quesadilla recipe I like on days like these, when I need to eat some calories-
    1 mission soft taco flour tortilla, .25 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and 2 tablespoons of Las Palmas Green Chili Enchilada Sauce. It come out to 239 calories. It you add half an avocado it is very yummy and will add 104 more calories to the snack.
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Jalara: I love your signature "Never settle with words what you can settle with a flame thrower" I think that is my motto for the day!!

I think everyone is doing great! We are definitely going to kick booty and take names this week! Hang in there fellow Slytherins!!
  • ActiveFaith10
    Options
    Have a great day everyone! Stay active! :) Every bit counts!!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to let y'all know that I will have to drop out of this challenge. I was really enjoying it, but I am having some medical issues and won't be able to do that much exercise. Yes, I will still be watching the food, but my history shows that I have to diet and do a lot of exercise in order to lose. I hope that ya'll can find someone else to take my place. Or, just delete me from this challenge.

so sorry... :(
  • ActiveFaith10
    Options
    Just wanted to let y'all know that I will have to drop out of this challenge. I was really enjoying it, but I am having some medical issues and won't be able to do that much exercise. Yes, I will still be watching the food, but my history shows that I have to diet and do a lot of exercise in order to lose. I hope that ya'll can find someone else to take my place. Or, just delete me from this challenge.

No worries! Some imes we just have to take a break, the journey of losing weight just might not be the right time for some people. I wish you well! Keep doing what you can!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options

No worries - this is a journey about health, and it has to be right for everyone. Just because you can't be in this challenge doesn't mean MFP is out - we're always here to support anyone who needs it, whenever they need it! Good luck to you!
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    After a huge week or so of rather dramatic drop in weight, I started this week with high hopes. Then, I gained 3 lbs over 3 days.

With some relief I dropped most of that temporary gain, but I'll apologize in advance if I have a lukewarm report on Sunday =(

Good job this week, all!
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 2 pounds down so far this week but am away over the weekend so can't do another weigh in until Monday. Will try very hard not to gain any back though!

All the best elbee, hope things improve for you soon
  • CrisUndies
    CrisUndies Posts: 40
    Options
    Okay know were not supposed to post links but thought this was appropriate. I don't see any of the other houses with this XD

http://228232.likedope.net/

Good luck elbee! You'll be missed!

:)
  • ActiveFaith10
    Options
    bump

great job pixie and nice link cris!
  • dawnkitchen
    dawnkitchen Posts: 161
    Options
    My update: I've been sick so I have been eating more and exercising less. My net calories have still looked good, though. I'm hoping to lose SOMETHING this week and break the plateau I've been stuck on.

Looks like everyone is doing great! Keep it up!
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My week is going ok so far. I've lost 1.5 pounds, and haven't missed a day exercising & drinking my 9 glasses of water.
    I did go out with DH for lunch today, I had fish and salad. I should have had the garden salad instead of Geek, but I did pass on the fries so I feel I still made healthier choices than normal. Not sure if I'll lose more weight from now till Sunday, but I'm sure going to try! :)
  • MrsFantastic
    Options
    I didn't weigh in on Sunday moms day And huge mariners game day food. Ugh. So this week I am at 172. Up a pound. But trying to switch it up on the incline on tread for optimal losing! I am going to keep trying.
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Scale has been stuck at 132 since last Friday...
    However, I did overeat both last Saturday and last Sunday (mother's day) and even though I was ok on my calorie count there was a lot of white bread and refined sugar that I normally don't eat, I think that is why I have been stuck.
    So far this week I have done really well with my eating and have not missed working out - doing resistance training and cardio every day. So..even though no movement yet there is hope for something by Sunday. At least I can feel good about the week from a health perspective and know that I am doing my best.
  • CrisUndies
    CrisUndies Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm trying to do a Biggest Loser on it and not look at the scale until Sunday! I'm gonna do the best I can but freaking TOM has seriously messed me up!
    :D
    Even still got a burn just under 600 calories so I'm getting somewhere anyways :)
  • dawnkitchen
    dawnkitchen Posts: 161
    Options
    I weighed in last night and lost .6 lbs. The scale FINALLY moved down for the first time in four weeks. Ambitious has to get us somewhere, right? Haha.

I was sick last week and I'm still just getting over it. So, I've just been doing my training sessions with my personal trainer and some light cardio so I don't over-do it with my body.

I hope you all have a GREAT weekend. I can't wait to see our loss this week! :] :]