Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Slytherin

Options

Replies

• DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to convince my girlfriend to take Friday, July 15th off of work so she can come with me to the midnight showing of HP:DH PT2. If she does decide not to go, I'm going alone. Yep, I'm that hardcore ha!

ABC Family had a marathon over the weekend. I forgot how LITTLE the cast was in the Sorcerer’s Stone. So cute. Also, I watched a bit of Prisoner of Azkaban. To be completely honest, it is my least favorite movie of the series. I'm a book lover first (that sounds weird) and POA strayed so far from the book that the movie just left a bad taste in my mouth. I only recently bought it on DVD when I picked up a copy of DH P1.

Anyone else not too thrilled about Prisoner, or is it just me?
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I also prefer the books although I thought Order of the Phoenix was slow to get going.

Do we have a final posting weight for the week yet?
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Our weight loss % for the week is needed in the main thread. Looking at our spreadsheet, it says we're down 0.70%, so that's what I posted. I'm not sure if that is our final tally or not, could someone please check it out, and confirm or correct it in the main thread.

Edit to add the link to the main HP thread.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/237196-harry-potter-weight-loss-challenge
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Ante- you got it! We are at .7% I confirmed on the main thread. THANK YOU for posting for us!
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire are both my least favorite movies. PoA strays very far, and GoF is just boring.
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    we won this weeks weigh in congrats slytherin u all did awesome. i updated spread sheet 2 for us. also here are the results slytherin 0.70, second is ravenclaw with 0.54, third is hufflepuff with 0.39, and lastly is griffindor with 0.14. overall from all the weeks we r 2nd with hufflepuff in first. keep up the great work everyone.
  • pixieofdoom
    Options
    yay for us! (even if I didn't help much this week)
  • DeathIsMyGift
    Options
    Rock on!!! I will either gain or maintain on this weeks weigh in because of...dun...Dun...DUN.....TOM. sucks
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire are both my least favorite movies. PoA strays very far, and GoF is just boring.
    Oddly enough I really like PoA (movie). The cinematography was amazing and that is when the kids really started to get some acting chops; so I take that movie at face value since it strayed so far from the book. Normally I am one of those people who has to restrain themselves from yelling at the screen in the theater every time there is something that veers away from the books lol. I was the same way with the Lord of the Rings trilogy - every plot change they made had me fuming in my seat.
    My least favorite HP movie is the Order of the Phoenix. That one is a bit boring to me and I don't really think they adequately captured the horror of what was going on in the school with all of Umbridge's changes.
  • lcoulter23
    Options
    I am not one of the people who yells at the screen or anything, I think it is just that the movie was not my style and it confused me because it jumped around so much. I agree that Prisoner of Azkaban is when the kids started getting better at acting though. As for Lord of the Rings, I must admit that I have never fully read the series, but I love the movies and I have listened to them on Cd, but never got through the whole books. That is saying something because I love reading. I just couldn't get through them. I must also admit that Deathly Hallows mostly bored me, but Goblet of Fire is by far my least favorite book. Half Blood prince is my favorite.
  • thetigerzeye
    thetigerzeye Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey sorry for being a tard, can I get one of you to update the spreadsheet for me, I haven't had access to a computer for a bit. I am down 5 lbs from my last weight, so current weight is 215!

WHICH WOOOO WAS MY GOAL BY HARRY POTTER!!!! I am so happy!
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Hey sorry for being a tard, can I get one of you to update the spreadsheet for me, I haven't had access to a computer for a bit. I am down 5 lbs from my last weight, so current weight is 215!

WHICH WOOOO WAS MY GOAL BY HARRY POTTER!!!! I am so happy!

Updated. You are kicking some major *kitten*! Great job!
  • pixieofdoom
    Options
    Wow tiger, that's ace. Well done!
  • lcoulter23
    Options
    I weighed in this morning and updated my weight for tomorrow already! I am down 3 pounds which makes up for last week! WOOT!
  • laurabeerotten
    Options
    Goose egg. TOM. Ugh. I was up during the week because of it so I'm glad I'm shedding some of the bloat. I just wish it had been faster so I could help!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    Options
    I just updated the spreadsheet with my 4 lbs weight loss for the week. I eat, promise I do but I also have an elliptical in my living room so I use it everyday. Plus I lift weights 2-3 times a week. I'm not complaining about the loss but it always scares me when I drop more than 2 lbs a week.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I have posted my weight loss of 3.3 pounds. I am down to 228.8 pounds. I have been changing up my diet to include more protein and fewer carbs. I will see how this goes. I am also worried about losing more than two pounds in a week for fear of gaining it all back quickly if I stop this dieting.
  • thetigerzeye
    thetigerzeye Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Cant wait for today's weighin! I am ready to kick some more butt this week! As soon as I get out of work and take a nap lol I am going straight to the gym to get my weight! Hoping to break the 20lb mark this week! ^_^
  • mjtbb
    mjtbb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Weight is 214. I think that's one pound from last week. Kind of slow but at least it is something. Pleas update me on the spreadsheet, I can't get to it. And thank you to whoever does it!

Melanie
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Sorry kids, wasn't much help this week. I stayed the same, which I am actually feeling pretty good about because I am retaining a serious amount of water today...my toes look like little sausages. Way too much sodium at a friend's graduation party last night.