ladies - protein shakes / power stuff?

Options
2»

Replies

• kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    my colleagues are arguing with me now, saying it's gonna bulk me up! ugh!
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I think you already know this, but your colleagues are incorrect. It is very hard for most women to add bulk, because you don't have the same level of testosterone as men. You're not going to bulk up from a little extra whey protein, or from lifting weights.
  • miseducation1327
    miseducation1327 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use Isagenix. It can serve as a meal replacement for people looking to lose weight as well as a recovery drink for athletes. The benefit to this compared to the other drinks listed, is that it is an overall program that includes a cleansing component that rids your body of toxins that cause you to gain weight. You can also add an extra scoop of whey protein if you're looking to add more protein. I drink two a day as meal replacements.
  • kthume03
    kthume03 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Protein shacks is really hard to find one that you like most of them have a horrible after taste and you can hardly chome them down the problem is you want to get the most protein for amount you are drinking. I have probably drank them all. There is a product called unjury you can order online i used after my surgery not the greatest but i got unflavored and mixed with sugarfree farltfree pudding because i had no choice. I have recelently started with monavie protein and it is like drinking achocolate covered cherry with no horrible after taste it ie wonderful. If you want more information on that you can email me at kellythume@gmail.com protein bars are also good the best tasting that i have found is kelloggs meal replacement bars but its only 10 gms protein more carbs than the shake ratio wise i think.
  • dhuckins1
    dhuckins1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I like the Body Fortress Whey ones - decent flavors, even with just water low on the carbs and fat, yet high in the protein. The cholesterol is a little high, so make sure you keep an eye on that when you log it
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    whey for the win, i guess!!
  • CarliBez
    CarliBez Posts: 19
    Options
    Consider plain skim chocolate milk. Post workout benefits without the funny stuff.