grilled chicken breast

2»

Replies

• silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    I usually marinate mine in a fat free Italian Dressing for several hours before cooking and I love the taste. I usually grill my chicken breasts, but, still marinate with almost any way I prepare it. Hope this helps.

That's how we did it on the stove... so we might try it on the grill.. wasn't sure if it'd still taste good that way.
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Basil Chicken

3 Tbls lemon juice
    2 tbl chopped fresh basil (or 2 tsp dried basil)
    1 clove garlic
    1/4 cup olive oil
    4 chicken breast halves

Blend first 3 ingredients for 30 sec. Slowly add olive oil while blending. Brush chicken with basil mix reserving 1/4 cup. Marinate for 30 in refrigerator. Grill or bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins or until done basting two times with basil mix.

Sometimes if I'm in a hurry, I just throw all the ingredients into a bowl and whip until blended. It still tastes good. I usually just use dried basil and jarred minced garlic. Easy recipe and always good.
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning is amazing on chicken....just might want to get the Salt free kind...b/c of the sodium....

Hmmmm...never tried it on chicken. Will have to try that tonight!! :smile:
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    I boil chicken - for one breast, keep the water boiling for 15 mins, then turn off and just leave in the water for a further 10 mins. Its so juicy, and perfectly cooked! For more chicken, do 20 mins with 10 mins afterwards.

Yum yum!
  • jakedner
    jakedner Posts: 186 Member
    I boil my chicken breasts so they stay juicy and tender, even when I reheat them. Sometimes I boil them plain, but usually I sprinkle a little Jamacian Jerk Seasoning. It is a receipe I got from one of Jillian Michaels' books. If you are interested, I can look it up when I get home tonite and post it.
  • ForTheFam
    ForTheFam Posts: 88 Member
    all the recipes sound great...the key is not to over cook/grill the chicken. too done and it is tough and lacks the tender & juicey...take it off just after the thickest piece lost the pink. and point two is make sure all the pieces are relatively the same thickness...filet if needed:drinker:
  • alexa137
    alexa137 Posts: 68 Member
    yea I meant on the stovetop! i dont own a grill! plus i live in an apartment anyways!
    im gonna marinate it with italian dressing
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb.

I throw the chicken breasts (sliced) into a little olive oil. I could LIVE on chicken breasts seasoned with this. :love: :love: :love:
This discussion has been closed.