For all the 5'5 ladies!

Replies

• I'm 5'5! Lol. I'm medium frame so I think I'm going for 130-140 lbs. I'll just have to see how I feel when I get there. I still have quite a ways to go, but I'm already excited that I've lost 10 lbs. :D Good luck everyone!
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Hello. Coco is my daughter's nickname. Anyway, I am 5'5. I'm about 5 lbs shy from my goal weight. But, I am thinking I would like to lose 5 more after that. I have never been able to get below 127. People have been telling me that I am thin enough but they haven't seen me nude!! Anyway, I think it might be tough for me to get down to 120, so, I would be interested in sharing food diaries, excercise, etc.
  • hehe! I'm 5'5.5"! So... right smack in this weird height range. Sometimes people think I'm short, sometimes they think I'm tall. Do you guys ever get that?

Someone else out there claims the .5"!! Haha! I always say I'm five, five and a half not just 5'5"! lol That makes me feel taller hehe

Currently around 125, would like to be a stable 120, or a little under.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    5'5" here too. Lowest I've been was 118 and I was anorexic looking (size 0 on top, 2 on the bottom). I look my best when I'm working out and weigh between 130-135.
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Hey y'all - I'm 5'5! I'm slowly creeping my way to ONEderland! It is a strange height. All my short friends call me tall and all my tall friends call me short. Go figure.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    I am also 5'5", and I agree, such an in between height!. I am currently 140 lbs, aiming for around 130 lbs, but not urgently. I have a small build, but a lot of muscle, so I don't think I should get lighter than that.

Good luck in your acting. I used to be a singer, so I know what a tough industry it is.
  • cocobeenie
    cocobeenie Posts: 98
    Wow!! I'm so excited by this response! And I'm really impressed with some of your goals. Let's do this!

I kinda like this height because I don't need heels but if I wanna rock them (or if I'm with a tall friend) I won't feel like a giant and be staring at everyone's dandruff.

I have to wear short inseams though :( 30"-31"... I think this has more to do with my proportions though and not my height.
  • jtndle
    jtndle Posts: 54 Member
    I love seeing everybody's goal weights! Being in the 130s is my ultimate realistic goal. Even when I was younger it took me lots and lots of work to get into the 120s and it was difficult to maintain so am not sure it would be realistic for me at all now but I'll see when I get into the 130s.
  • BelieveInYou
    BelieveInYou Posts: 3 Member
    5' 4 3/4" here... they will never give me that extra quarter inch. I was a gymnast for 13 years and thought I was huge... and I was compared to the petite gymnasts I worked out with. But now that I'm done with that (too old) I'm finding that I'm actually kind of short. All my friends are taller than me now. I have a larger frame and am very muscle dense so I'm hoping to get back to the 160 range. It is definitely a much harder road the older we get.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Ah, I have to get long jeans as I am a 32 leg. It means I don't go in at the waist at all as there's no room between my hips and my ribs.
  • BaronessBlixen
    BaronessBlixen Posts: 56 Member
    hehe! I'm 5'5.5"! So... right smack in this weird height range. Sometimes people think I'm short, sometimes they think I'm tall. Do you guys ever get that?

I wear high heels all the time, so I usually stand about 5'8'' when I'm out and about. My male friends berate me constantly! They always tell me, "you're tall enough without heels! Don't wear them!" But I feel short without them! :P Just goes to show you how men in their early twenties think...apparently short is good!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Hey all I am 5'5 also with a small frame I thought it was large when I started since you know I was always told "Well your just big boned" well that is because my mom is a large frame so she thought I should be too.

SW 242
    CW 157
    Initial GW 140
    Actual GW 135-130
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    WOO HOO!! LETS DO THIS!!

another 5'5 lining up!!

SW 200 lbs
    CW 193 lbs
    GW 150 lbs
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    5'5 here too! Definitely a strange height, either feel tall or short! My goal weight is between 105-110, or whatever I feel most comfortable at, I'm currently at 110 trying to tone. Nice to see so many others here!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Ah, I have to get long jeans as I am a 32 leg. It means I don't go in at the waist at all as there's no room between my hips and my ribs.

I can get petites if I am wearing flats but regular if I plan on wearing heels every time I wear my pants.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    I'm 5'4 3/4 and I have very short legs and a long torso. My leg is 27" long so I have to by short or petite pants and it is sometimes hard to find shirts that cover my whole torso.
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    I already :heart: this thread. I'm 5'6 and currently hovering around 120. My goals are finish Ripped in 30 through the month of May to tone up and have a flat belly!
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    5'5" (and a half but who's counting, eh?). Got a big booty, so my goal weight is 160... though anything under would be more than fine by me.

Add me up, all my fellow, lovely moderate-height ladies.
  • cocobeenie
    cocobeenie Posts: 98
    Hello. Coco is my daughter's nickname. Anyway, I am 5'5. I'm about 5 lbs shy from my goal weight. But, I am thinking I would like to lose 5 more after that. I have never been able to get below 127. People have been telling me that I am thin enough but they haven't seen me nude!! Anyway, I think it might be tough for me to get down to 120, so, I would be interested in sharing food diaries, excercise, etc.

Oh thats funny. Coco is a good name because its familiar but uncommon. Most people don't forget it easily.

Before I started MFP 127 was the lowest I could get (hence the 130sw). I actually thought it was impossible but amazingly enough, sticking with it and being accountable for logging everything has totally blasted this misconception away. And here I go, I keep chuggin along..
  • I can't believe I'm not the only one who does the "I'm 5, 5, and a half" thing. Way to go, sisters! I have a degree in Theatre Arts, so I agree with you about the image-conscious industry. My college years were spent playing the weird characters or in the crew because I didn't have the "diva look" due to my large frame. Well, screw it! I'm right at 200 now aiming for 150. I've already lost quite a bit since I started jogging in November and even more since joing mfp a few weeks ago. BTW, I currently do what was my goal all along: I am a drama teacher and a dang good one. Not because I'm fat and couldn't get a acting job; because that was the goal. Good luck in yours.
This discussion has been closed.