Fat Fighters - Round 2 Fit n' Trim (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/231170-2nd-round-fit-n-trim-elimination-contest-requitment?page=1#posts-3078229

The player that wants in is the last poster on the old thread. She PM"d and said that she would weigh in tonight. That would mean her weight would be up from a morning weigh in and may even things out.

Trent, you be the team captain since you were the one to originate the thread:bigsmile: I know, it's a lot of pressure. Let me know, peeps, so I can get back to her.
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'm cool with whatever Trent decides.
    Go Captain! :)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/231170-2nd-round-fit-n-trim-elimination-contest-requitment?page=1#posts-3078229

The player that wants in is the last poster on the old thread. She PM"d and said that she would weigh in tonight. That would mean her weight would be up from a morning weigh in and may even things out.

Trent, you be the team captain since you were the one to originate the thread:bigsmile: I know, it's a lot of pressure. Let me know, peeps, so I can get back to her.

Ok, I'm good with another player.
  • nisijam5
    Options

Ok, I'm good with another player.

Sorry to put that pressure on you!!! I will email her and tell her to post tonight, if she doesn't I'm done.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I don't remember seeing another weigh in - do we have another player or are we set as is?

Yay - Trent for Captain!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    The new player did not weigh in and I am done. The teams are set. The game is on.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    The new player did not weigh in and I am done. The teams are set. The game is on.

:drinker:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    :happy: Good Morning Guys! So, how'd everyone do with Cinco De Mayo? I was a good girl and had a glass of wine after work and went home.... The bar was filling up but I stuck with my guns and went home. Strangest thing, the kids made their own dinner before I got home, shocked the hell outta me.... so I made my husband buritto's outta ground turkey and I had a little on rice with a salad. I stayed under calories and feel awesome about it this morning.... Yea :happy:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    :happy: Good Morning Guys! So, how'd everyone do with Cinco De Mayo? I was a good girl and had a glass of wine after work and went home.... The bar was filling up but I stuck with my guns and went home. Strangest thing, the kids made their own dinner before I got home, shocked the hell outta me.... so I made my husband buritto's outta ground turkey and I had a little on rice with a salad. I stayed under calories and feel awesome about it this morning.... Yea :happy:

Awesome!! Great job! :smile:

I was very well-behaved last night... went for a run immediately after work, and then had a reasonable dinner of homemade fajitas w/steak, black beans and onions/peppers with jalapeno yogurt dip. I made a side of broccoli for myself and skipped the packaged cheese quesadilla and instant mexican rice (can we say sodium galore!) that was on the table. I wish the tortilla had been a bit lighter... (it was 200 cals - my normal wraps are 100 cals each), but I didn't make dinner and I was able to come it at my goal anyways, thanks to the exercise. Even had room for some bagel chips & yogurt dip for an evening snack. :drinker:
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Great jobs guys!!!

Yesterday was just a complete bust for me. Had the potluck at work. I did have some restraint but still ate too much. Then we did the chinese buffet for dinner. I'm not a chinese fan but did find enough there. Unfortunately I'm sure it took me well over calories. No snacks since I was stuffed, and I did drink a lot of water so that'll help.

Today is off to a much better start. I'm not sure what dinner will hold, we did go grocery shopping but not sure what I want to have for dinner. At least it'll be made at home and not a restaurant. :smile:

I will also ellipticize tonight. The Wings come on at 7 so I'll be watching that while I work out whenever that happens. I found myself pushing it a lot more when I watched the game while doing it the other night so maybe I can have the same affect tonight.
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Didn't do so well for dinner but have been doing great with breakfast and lunch. Will do some serious meal planning this weekend. AND, I have not had a coke since Monday! I normally have one everyday for a 3pm perk up.

If it is clear in the morning I may try to hit the pool for some laps.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Well, I just bought Turbo Fire. I went to the site cause I've contemplated the Slim in 6 for some time...turbo fire caught my eye. So, I guess that is my plan. I was thinking of buying a treadmill to run, but I'm thinking this will be better for me. I'm likely to do it for sure and I hope it works for what I need. I guess the guarantee they give is worth it. I'm inspired by the reviews I've found. Music can do a lot to keep me motivated. So, in another week I'll be starting this program!
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    Good Luck! I wish I had room in my townhouse for my treadmill and bowflex, but alas they are in my parents basement. :(
    We just didn't have room when we downsized.
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    I gave in to a treat today. A chocolate chip muffin... and it was good.
    This weekend might be tough. We're doing Snap Dragon wine and chicken chimichangas for mother's day and I'm making a cheesecake cranberry tart for my mom.
    On a good note. I bought two new knee braces because I've been having a lot of issues with my knees. Squats are killer and bad knees run in my family. *head desk*
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone...doing ok today but feeling so frumpy. After going on a walk and cleaning like crazy I still feel it. Going for a run maybe...just a short one and hopefully I will snap out of it. :) this weekend will not be too hard...distracted my lots of running around and grilling out for mothers day. As long as I keep drinking my water I should have a loss for wednesdays weigh in. :)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    I gave in to a treat today. A chocolate chip muffin... and it was good.
    This weekend might be tough. We're doing Snap Dragon wine and chicken chimichangas for mother's day and I'm making a cheesecake cranberry tart for my mom.
    On a good note. I bought two new knee braces because I've been having a lot of issues with my knees. Squats are killer and bad knees run in my family. *head desk*

Hopefully you can make the healthiest choices possible under the circumstances this weekend, and try not to allow yourself to go overboard. Definitely drink lots of water!!

One thought around treats - personally I find it's best to plan treats. I assume I'm going to have one every few days. There's no way I'm going the rest of my life without them, so why should I go without them now? As long as they're an occasional thing and they fit into my calorie plan, I don't allow myself to feel too guilty for having them. :flowerforyou: You can also try to find healthier versions of treats that are more in line with your overall nutrition goals. Ex - I found a recipe for brownies made with black beans instead of flour. Sounds weird, but they're very good! It requires a bit more planning and preparation - making your treats or ensuring you keep the ones around that you want to fit into your plan - but it's better than the alternative of eating whatever treats are handy.
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    Speaking of treats, DH brought home 100 calorie Klondike bars today - who knew? And who wanted to? I never ate all this crap until he started doing the grocery shopping. At least now he is trying to "help". :bigsmile:

MD will be hard, he has picked a brunch buffet for his mother and I - one of the items is Frosted Flakes French Toast. That's going to be hard to resist. Just think of it with mounds of bacon.....

Lean roast beef and salad for me! :happy:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Speaking of treats, DH brought home 100 calorie Klondike bars today - who knew? And who wanted to? I never ate all this crap until he started doing the grocery shopping. At least now he is trying to "help". :bigsmile:

MD will be hard, he has picked a brunch buffet for his mother and I - one of the items is Frosted Flakes French Toast. That's going to be hard to resist. Just think of it with mounds of bacon.....

Lean roast beef and salad for me! :happy:

Great job planning ahead! :smile:
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    I did good! Did not even look at the pancakes. Lots of fish,, salad and fruits. I did have 3 muffins but they were mini muffins, I'm talking about the size of a small shot glass. :bigsmile: Please don't tell me the calorie count of those. The blueberry muffiin was almost all blueberries, sweet.

Hope all you mothers had a great Mother's Day!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Debbie - good job!

Uugh - my stepdad brought home a 72 Oz cheesecake for dessert tonight. No, that's not a typo. I allowed myself one *small* piece (I LOVE cheesecake), which still ended up being 400 calories, if the entry in MFP is right. (Seems reasonable to me, knowing what goes in cheesecake!) Luckily it was a really active day for me - I was at the gym for an hour doing weights, went bowling, did some gardening - lots of "busy" stuff. So, I burned enough calories today to cover it - whew!