Make up woman love but men HATE....yahoo.com

Options
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/make-up-women-love-but-men-hate-2479792/#photoViewer=1

This was a great acticle to read! I found it to be interesting!

Replies

• Marcus_E
    Marcus_E Posts: 124
    Options
    Bloody awesome.. Finally someone's said it :)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    My opinion only but the less make up there is the better,done right is like nice clothes on a lady,highlights her best features but isn`t noticeable.

I like a lady to look natural. :smile:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with all of those. My pet hate is plucked eyebrows that are drawn back on. It looks daft. And I hate foundation.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I love it when women shave off all their eye brows just to draw them on like jack o lanterns, cracks me up!:laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with all of those. My pet hate is plucked eyebrows that are drawn back on. It looks daft. And I hate foundation.

Me too, but seems they used the most extreme examples. The older I get the less I like the way foundation feels on my face, but the older I get the more I need it. :laugh:

:ohwell:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Clown eyebrows...horrible!!
    Kim
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I love it when women shave off all their eye brows just to draw them on like jack o lanterns, cracks me up!:laugh:

:laugh:

Hey! :angry:
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    very good article! thanks for the read! my friend does makeup and shes always begging me to do mine. i let her once, and she did the "smoky" look, and it looked like someone punched me in both my eyes. im just not a big make up person. never have been. and the only thing going on my lips is some carmex!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options

HAHA! and they use a sharpie to draw them on!
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    "I think guys generally prefer the kind of make-up you don't notice is there, and since there's a lot that guys don't notice I think women have a lot of leeway."

HAHAHAHAAHA:laugh: :drinker:
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Makeup never agrees with me. Concealers flake around my nose and chin, making me look diseased, lipsticks look awkward, mascara clumps like crazy, and eyeliner runs under my eyes and makes me look tired. The nicest compliments I've ever gotten from guys were when I didn't wear makeup at all. The few times I have worn makeup, I felt like I was lying to people.

I believe that people intuitively know that over-plucked eyebrows and a 'bump' look creepy, but fashion industries try to push the envelope by making their models look ridiculous. At some point people must realize that models are not meant to be copied, they're just vessels for clothing.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Love it! My pet peeve with how some people apply their makeup.. girls, the eyeliner should stop at the edge of your eye, it should not extend into your temple! Looks ridiculous...
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

HAHA! and they use a sharpie to draw them on!

SHARPIES1LOL.jpg
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    :( I love my blush! I don't go crazy with it but I am usually deathly pale so I feel like I need some color!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    glad someones spreading the words haha
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I guess I have no room to talk I still wear black lipstick sometimes
  • redhead91
    redhead91 Posts: 251
    Options
    The only one I disagree with is the blush one. I'm SOO pale and need some color and bronzer would look awful! My definitely agrees blush looks better!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    But really, who doesn't love stripper glitter? If' I'm expected to put cash in your undies, I prefer a little sparkle, not the whole tragedy at kindergarten mess.
    smiley-sex021.gif
  • ej_xo
    ej_xo Posts: 75
    Options
    Its the same as everything.
    Style is personal; no one has the right to tell anyone what to do or how to do it.
    If it makes them happy, then why not?

Don't get me wrong, I personally don't like over-done make-up either, but if it gives women the confidence boost they need (whether that's with the use of an eyebrow pencil or not), they should not be told what's BETTER or WORSE.

I guess I'm kinda playing Devil's Advocate here, but in all seriousness, would you feel awful knowing that people were criticizing you for something that you like to do?

...Just some thoughts :flowerforyou:
  • ej_xo
    ej_xo Posts: 75
    Options
    But really, who doesn't love stripper glitter? If' I'm expected to put cash in your undies, I prefer a little sparkle, not the whole tragedy at kindergarten mess.
    smiley-sex021.gif

LOL GLITTER IS THE HERPES OF MAKE-UP!!!! IT NEVER GOES AWAY!!!!