Make up woman love but men HATE....yahoo.com

Options
2»

Replies

• DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    But really, who doesn't love stripper glitter? If' I'm expected to put cash in your undies, I prefer a little sparkle, not the whole tragedy at kindergarten mess.
    smiley-sex021.gif

LOL GLITTER IS THE HERPES OF MAKE-UP!!!! IT NEVER GOES AWAY!!!!

I SWEA I'm still washing off body glitter from prom 10 years ago... LOL
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    But really, who doesn't love stripper glitter? If' I'm expected to put cash in your undies, I prefer a little sparkle, not the whole tragedy at kindergarten mess.
    smiley-sex021.gif

Line of the day!!!! :laugh:
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Too funny!!!!
    :laugh:
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've never used makeup, I have no clue how to put most of it on.

It's a waste of time IMO
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    hahahaha... I love it.
  • Determined1980
    Options
    This was very funny! The only makeup I wear is chapstick so I am good to go! :) lol
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    breaks my heart to hear that men don't like perfect red lipstick... I like my lips and I would SO wear true red like Gwen Stefani, but hubby HATES the look, so I never do. I thought it was just him...
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/make-up-women-love-but-men-hate-2479792/#photoViewer=1

This was a great acticle to read! I found it to be interesting!

I am a woman that love makeup. My husband thinks it's funny, I am one of the most competitive people ever, obsessed with sports, but LOVE makeup.

Uh, but not that kind of "makeup". Especially the brows.....I'm obsessed with eyebrows as well.
  • jamiek89
    jamiek89 Posts: 105
    Options
    Its the same as everything.
    Style is personal; no one has the right to tell anyone what to do or how to do it.
    If it makes them happy, then why not?

Don't get me wrong, I personally don't like over-done make-up either, but if it gives women the confidence boost they need (whether that's with the use of an eyebrow pencil or not), they should not be told what's BETTER or WORSE.

I guess I'm kinda playing Devil's Advocate here, but in all seriousness, would you feel awful knowing that people were criticizing you for something that you like to do?

...Just some thoughts :flowerforyou:

I totally agree with this! As a beauty therapist I see some pretty random things with makeup, but one thing I always notice is that the more makeup someone is wearing, the less confident they usually are in themselves.

Makeup is an extremely individual thing.... And personally I reckon that I rock my blush like any pale woman should! :)
  • ashahl
    ashahl Posts: 81
    Options
    My opinion only but the less make up there is the better,done right is like nice clothes on a lady,highlights her best features but isn`t noticeable.

I like a lady to look natural. :smile:

Agree 100%! Makeup should be used to accentuate beauty not be the first thing someone else notices about you!
  • FitFrenchGirl
    FitFrenchGirl Posts: 177
    Options
    breaks my heart to hear that men don't like perfect red lipstick... I like my lips and I would SO wear true red like Gwen Stefani, but hubby HATES the look, so I never do. I thought it was just him...

MY HUBBY HATES RED LIPS TOO :( BUT I DO IT ANYWAY!! AHAHAHAH
  • EnlessDayDreamer
    Options
    very good article! thanks for the read! my friend does makeup and shes always begging me to do mine. i let her once, and she did the "smoky" look, and it looked like someone punched me in both my eyes. im just not a big make up person. never have been. and the only thing going on my lips is some carmex!
    I totally get that. I am not a big makeup person. I do my liiner[super thin] mascara and chapstick. nothing else.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I LOVE makeup! For me it's an artistic expression. I used to be a cosmetologist and have taken professional and photography makeup courses. I usually go for a 30's, 40's, or 50's movie star look with a little geisha thrown in. It's all about personal style. The males in my life have always loved it. But I do go for a certain subset, so that probably has something to do with it. I do have good skin so I never wear foundation, just powder. I am very pale, but I love my paleness. I personally find bronzer to be a little silly and fake looking, but that's just me. I have my own personal style and I am confortable in my own skin.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My look has drastically changed over the years. I used to be gothic so I had jet black hair with eyebrows to match, very heavy and dark eyeshadow (with Egyptian-style eyeliner), heavy liquid foundation, dark lipstick, and black painted fingernails.

My hair is now auburn, as well as my eyebrows (I use a Bare Escentuals eyebrow kit to color them in....I stopped using a pencil about a year ago....my eyebrows are still a work in progress since I feel like I can never get them right), I use waaaaay less eyeliner and load up on the mascara to make my eyes look bigger. I still like to do a "smoky" eye look, but recently decided only to do that on my weekends and stick with only a sheer light MAC color on my work days. As for foundation, I use mineral powder only now and never do liquid. I also don't paint my fingernails anymore and go for a french manicure once in a while. I'm starting to learn that less is more...lol :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I do find it funny when men say they prefer women to be naturally beautiful. Well..... DUR.

My husband isn't that into red lipstick either, and my family all say it makes me look like a vampire.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I like to wear makeup for a special night out occcasionally. I put foundation on for my brother's wedding a few months ago and I felt like my skin was suffocating! and it made me break out!!!! My Mom will not answer the door without her"face" on. Maybe that's why I am more relaxed about it. All that time waiting around for her to fix her face. She is still that way. It's funny.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    smiley-sex021.gif

LMBO:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I totally agree with all of those. My pet hate is plucked eyebrows that are drawn back on. It looks daft. And I hate foundation.

I hate drawn on eyebrows. And red lipstick. So ugly to me.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I love my red lipstick.

I rarely wear make up but when I do, I make sure it's something I like and my hubby doesn't think looks silly. If he likes it, no one else matters.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options

I ONLY wear red lipstick and my husband loves it!