Things that make me go: Grrrrrrrrr.....

Options
PUT YOUR WEIGHTS BACK AFTER YOURSELF IN THE GYM :explode:

Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat.

Fat does NOT turn to muscle when you exercise.

When you meet me in the elevator and I'm heading to the gym, you aren't the first person to ever think of asking me to exercise for you. :grumble:

"Hot enough for you?" is probably one of the most redundant and stupid questions you can ask.

Thank you for your time, as you were. :bigsmile:

Replies

• paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    PUT YOUR WEIGHTS BACK AFTER YOURSELF IN THE GYM :explode:

Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat.

Fat does NOT turn to muscle when you exercise.

When you meet me in the elevator and I'm heading to the gym, you aren't the first person to ever think of asking me to exercise for you. :grumble:

"Hot enough for you?" is probably one of the most redundant and stupid questions you can ask.

Thank you for your time, as you were. :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Boy, somebody's cranky.:frown:
  • RedCurls
    RedCurls Posts: 56
    Options
    Sorry... I thought muscle weighed more than fat... am I crazy?
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

I was confused by that as well since I have ALWAYS heard that to be true.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I love Granny! She rocks!
  • RedCurls
    Options

I was confused by that as well since I have ALWAYS heard that to be true.

The trainers at the Gym told me it did...???
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options

A pound is a pound no matter what, a pound of feathers weighs the same as a pound of bricks. Fat is more squishy (proper technical terminology used :smile: ) than muscle so appears thinner but it all weighs the same.
  • RedCurls
    Options

A pound is a pound no matter what, a pound of feathers weighs the same as a pound of bricks. Fat is more squishy (proper technical terminology used :smile: ) than muscle so appears thinner but it all weighs the same.

from what i understand the saying "muscle weighs more that fat" actually means that if you measure the amount of space that a pound of fat covers it is more than the amount of space that muscle covers... That is what the saying means. I guess you could get all technical but of course everyone knows that a pound equals a pound...:)
  • sweetlauri70
    Options
    Well...a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat...afterall, a pound is a pound. But muscle takes up much less space :)
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options

DING, DING, DING, give that person a prize. (And I LOVE the term "squishy" :bigsmile: )

A pound is a pound is a pound. Muscle is dense, therefore takes up less space (if you will).

Am I the only one that has peeves today :devil: (or just the one being honest?)

Come on folks, let's have 'em.

~~ pushing back from computer with bag of popcorn ~~
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Depends how you look at it, a pound is a pound no matter what , but a cup of fat and a cup of lean meat the meat would weigh more. So it just depends on how you look at it
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    This should help! A pound is a pound...but how it looks under your skin is the difference!! :smile:
    fatmuscle.jpg
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    When people say muscle weighs more than fat they mean by volume not by weight. As in a cup of muscle weighs more than a cup of fat. Or a cup of dirt weighs more than a cup of feathers. I had to have this explained to me at one time too.
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Options
    That picture is worth a thousand pounds......er...words! :wink: :wink:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    My pet peeves:

People that don't use their turn signal (It's on there for a reason you know!)

Those that don't understand what Right of Way means

People who stop suddenly in the middle of a sidewalk or in the middle of the mall with no warning and just do their thing, completely oblivious to people who are walking BEHIND them.

Dishes that get left in the sink when the dishwasher is practically empty.

Garbage that is left on the counter when the garbage is practically empty

People at the gym that pass gas. I mean, I know it's a bodily function but it sucks when I am breathing heavy from my workout and get a whiff of that!! EW!!

Those are a few!! :bigsmile: :wink:
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options

People at the gym that pass gas. I mean, I know it's a bodily function but it sucks when I am breathing heavy from my workout and get a whiff of that!! EW!!

LOL!!!!!!! That is sooo true!! It can totally ruin a workout! :noway:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Don't drive slow in the left lane!!!!!!! :explode:

Voice mail messages that drone on & on......:huh:

Voice mail messages that drone on & on UNTIL they give their phone numbers at the end & suddenly they're auctioneers!! :explode:

Irregardless.......uh-uh. Ain't a word. :grumble:

"Last call" ----:sad: :explode: :noway: :angry:

I'll think of more. :bigsmile:
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    My pet peeves:
    *smacking/talking with a mouthful/bad table manners in general
    *People who don't understand what it means to "Yield" while driving:grumble:
    *People who drive in the right lane and don't want to let the people merging onto the freeway on.... I mean, don't drive in that lane if you aren't willing to let people in!!
    *How my hubby can never make it all the way to the trash can.... just right next to it
    *people who try to get me to "cheat" on my new lifestyle(Not diet) because they don't think I need it.
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options

from what i understand the saying "muscle weighs more that fat" actually means that if you measure the amount of space that a pound of fat covers it is more than the amount of space that muscle covers... That is what the saying means. I guess you could get all technical but of course everyone knows that a pound equals a pound...:)

Exactly...we're all right, but some are talking about apples and we're talking oranges. The original post says nothing about a POUND of muscle or a POUND of fat, because we all know a pound equals a pound. But that saying is derived from the fact that a glob of fat weighs less than the same size glob of muslce.....meaning if you gained weight, it could be that you gained muscle since muscle DOES weigh more than fat.....
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    Don't drive slow in the left lane!!!!!!! :explode:

Voice mail messages that drone on & on......:huh:

Voice mail messages that drone on & on UNTIL they give their phone numbers at the end & suddenly they're auctioneers!! :explode:

Irregardless.......uh-uh. Ain't a word. :grumble:

"Last call" ----:sad: :explode: :noway: :angry:

I'll think of more. :bigsmile:

My boyfriend says irregardless all the time, it drives me nuts!!!!