Mexican....

Options

Replies

• sassycassy
    sassycassy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mexican here... and I love Cinco de Mayo!
  • ladymoonlite
    ladymoonlite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    mexicana here! well half mexican and half salvadorean :bigsmile: ..love cinco d mayo!! :drinker:
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Half mexican here. my mom was born and raised in Guadalajara. My dad is a white boy.
  • Hunnieshadow
    Options
    My dad is from Mexico and my mom is Italian!
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    mexican food is so hard to stay away from ..My mom cooks it most of the week,She learned she had diabetes a yr ago and changed the way she cooked,but still taste so good to me. I married a Salvadorean American,and his mom cooks soooo good too. But nothing tastes better than my moms rice..YUM!!! Im sure thats why I gained weight when I was younger!lol
  • TheDaniProject
    Options
    omg my familia as well as i am from michoacan mexico. i was born in quiroga a little town 30 min from morelia dont know if youve heard of it .. i love the weather in michocan its beautiful

meeeeee- well im not techincally mexican but i spent 8 years of my life in that culture. i speak it, i lived it, i love it! :) we dont really celebrate 5 de mayo here... we usually just celebrate 16 de sept. :)

i spent a huge chunk of my life in morelia michocan mexico thats where my family was from. :) love love love it! i wanna go back!
  • RedPixie13
    RedPixie13 Posts: 5
    Options
    meeeeee- well im not techincally mexican but i spent 8 years of my life in that culture. i speak it, i lived it, i love it! :) we dont really celebrate 5 de mayo here... we usually just celebrate 16 de sept. :)

i spent a huge chunk of my life in morelia michocan mexico thats where my family was from. :) love love love it! i wanna go back!

I have family that lives near morelia, they live in zacapu michoacan! I loved it there!! Haven't been in more than 10 yrs. :(
  • RedPixie13
    RedPixie13 Posts: 5
    Options
    omg my familia as well as i am from michoacan mexico. i was born in quiroga a little town 30 min from morelia dont know if youve heard of it .. i love the weather in michocan its beautiful

I know where quiroga is!! We always took a trip there when we went to michoacan!!
  • paloma1182
    paloma1182 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    uruapan is beautfiul! i love it there! i hope u get to visit someday!
  • paloma1182
    Options
    ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!! i've totally been to quiroga!!! i went there with my brothers for carnitas! then we went to the church to visit the sites. i made a promise to la virgin there that if she helped me with smething in my life that i would go back there and bring her something. I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS SOO COOL!!!

i have to go bring something to the virgin too- thanks for reminding me!!

• TheDaniProject
    Options
    born in michoacan, mexico first generation in the u.s.a
    proud to be mexicana/mestiza
    my fav day to celebrate is dia de los muertos,
    theres so many more lol cuaresma y semana santa, dia de los niÑos
    party party party :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :wink:

curious as 5 de mayo coming and I live so far from my people now
    is there any one here with mexi blood!!??
    Im half mexi by my dad! woop woop !!!
    :drinker: :drinker:
  • paloma1182
    Options
    wow!!! thats sooo cool!! i love it there too! we all have to jump on a plane and go party it up in mexico!!!

I have family that lives near morelia, they live in zacapu michoacan! I loved it there!! Haven't been in more than 10 yrs. :(
  • rgutie1
    rgutie1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Irapuato (me) and cuernavaca (wife) and good chicago style mexican food is a constant threat to remaining in our calorie goals.
  • TheDaniProject
    Options
    yup thats what were known for *carnitas carnitas carnitas* pork never tasted so gooooodddddd lol
    well im glad youve gotten the chance visit the small town now a growing city glad to be of service =D

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!! i've totally been to quiroga!!! i went there with my brothers for carnitas! then we went to the church to visit the sites. i made a promise to la virgin there that if she helped me with smething in my life that i would go back there and bring her something. I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS SOO COOL!!!

i have to go bring something to the virgin too- thanks for reminding me!!

• georginab920
    Options
    I'm Texican.... ever heard of it? Some where down the line my family was from Mexico but they have been in Texas for so long we call ourselves Texican. Currently I am located in North Florida but my family and I will be celebrating Cinco de Mayo either way. This year I am doing the fajita's with grilled peppers and onions in a lettuce wrap and for now while I am still working on the weight loss I am skipping the margaritas.
    Good luck to everybody on here working hard to get fit and shed those pounds!!!
  • paloma1182
    Options
    YES!!!! chicago style mexican food i love that!!! have u been to los islas maria's? las tres marias? GREAT seafood there!!!

Irapuato (me) and cuernavaca (wife) and good chicago style mexican food is a constant threat to remaining in our calorie goals.
  • yuli23
    yuli23 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm mexican .... a mexican born in chicago ...lol my parents both come from mexico but if I dig somehow how last name is italian and there is history of italians moving inot the town my parents are from.... my hubby thinks I'm not mexican cause we look white and arw right at the border ..lol and I don't like beans lol .... my son thought he was white till he saw himself surrounded my blue eye blonde headed light skinnd kids at the docts off ...he walkd up to me and said mom I'm not white am I ...lol I said I've tried telling you ...lol
  • rgutie1
    rgutie1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    yes i have, mmy wife loves langostinos.

i am a sucker for tio louis tacos.
  • TheDaniProject
    Options
    ive been to uruapan too very beautiful =D
    i love the weather and the food omg the fooooodddddd*drools* lol

I know where quiroga is!! We always took a trip there when we went to michoacan!!
  • TheDaniProject
    Options
    yes party party party :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

wow!!! thats sooo cool!! i love it there too! we all have to jump on a plane and go party it up in mexico!!!