My headphones fall out when I run...

Options
chevy88grl
chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
And it drives me insane. Anyone know of any headphones that don't fall out? I'm not sure of the brand that I have, but I have tiny ears and I wonder if they're too big or what. All I know is just when I seem to really get into a groove - they pop out. Grr.

Replies

• craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have some JVC Marshmallows. They have a squishy foam that you compress and put into your ear, and the foam expands to fit your ear. I can't wear earbuds at all.
    Or you could try the full over-the-head ones.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have Skullcandy and they don't fall out
  • chevy88grl
    Options
    I have some JVC Marshmallows. They have a squishy foam that you compress and put into your ear, and the foam expands to fit your ear. I can't wear earbuds at all.
    Or you could try the full over-the-head ones.

I just went and looked - these are the ones I have. I squish them, put them in and they're good to go -- til I start running. Once I start running and sweating -- out they come. THEN I can't get them to stay in.
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I had the SAME problem!! I would run and once I starting getting sweaty or going fast, they would fall out and basically ruin my run cause I'd be CONSTANTLY fixing them. Before I used the standard iPod headphones, and now I use skullcandy, which has little rubber ear pieces on the end so that they fit into your ears and STAY THERE! I've gone on 10+ mile runs with them and NEVER had any issues now :)

PS your comparison picture is INSANELY AWESOME!! YOU LOOK INCREDIBLE!!! :)
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have the ones that have a loop that goes around the back of your ear. I have small ears too and these do run a little big but I can always position them so they stay in place.
  • mmcgille
    mmcgille Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the ones that go over your ears, kind of like a bluetooth?
  • Shua456
    Shua456 Posts: 211
    Options
    I have Skullcandy and they don't fall out

Same here. I love the Skullcandy headphones. I have really tiny ears and it's hard to find earbuds that fit but these are great.
  • yuli23
    yuli23 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I know nothing ...I have the same issue .... bu man you look great in ur picture ...congrats on ur succes
  • Bethy25
    Bethy25 Posts: 73
    Options
    I just ordered Earbudi clips off of Amazon. Hoping they work for me with my ipod headphones. I have the same problem :) I dont want the earbud kinds because I dont want the backround noise blocked in-case of cars and stuff. I hope they will be in the mailbox today so I can try them out! Otherwise I will probably resort to the skullcandy ones and keep them turned down.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I actually like my daughters kids' memorex kids headphones...they are pink and white and they wrap around my ear...and don't go into the ear...the only problem I have is when I catch the cord with my left arm and rip them out of my ear
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    Have you tried the ones that go over your ears, kind of like a bluetooth?

Was gonna suggest the same thing.
  • mkh1026
    mkh1026 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have Skullcandy earbuds. They work great!
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I posted something similar about a month ago and I was given a brlliant idea. Wear a sweat band OVER them........... works wonders for me- that havent fallen out since. And let me tell you something- I was fit to be tied when they would fall out constantly lol NOT COOL.
  • TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've tried a lot of them and they all fall out of my ears too. I went back to my old ear phones, the old fashion kind, they are Sony and they are very light.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I have these: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=en&scy=no&ctn=SHS3300/10

The earbuds drive me crazy and the in the ear ones are always uncomfortable after 30 mins or so. Plus I prefer to hear what's going on around me when I'm outside walking or running. :happy:
  • chevy88grl
    Options
    I had the SAME problem!! I would run and once I starting getting sweaty or going fast, they would fall out and basically ruin my run cause I'd be CONSTANTLY fixing them. Before I used the standard iPod headphones, and now I use skullcandy, which has little rubber ear pieces on the end so that they fit into your ears and STAY THERE! I've gone on 10+ mile runs with them and NEVER had any issues now :)

PS your comparison picture is INSANELY AWESOME!! YOU LOOK INCREDIBLE!!! :)

I can't use the Apple ones that come with an Ipod. They don't stay in at all. I was going to buy the Skull Candy ones, but was having trouble justifying the cost when the ones I have aren't that old. But, if they stay in.. I can justify it.

Thanks for the compliment! :)
  • kthume03
    kthume03 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I actually found some at walmart that are small and go over your head, because I can not keep the earbuds in. They were only like 5 dollars and my husband now uses them too when he works out. They work really well and the band is really small.
  • chevy88grl
    Options
    I know nothing ...I have the same issue .... bu man you look great in ur picture ...congrats on ur succes

Thank you!! :)
  • chevy88grl
    Options
    I actually found some at walmart that are small and go over your head, because I can not keep the earbuds in. They were only like 5 dollars and my husband now uses them too when he works out. They work really well and the band is really small.

I saw a guy with the ones that go over his ears like a bluetooth. Maybe I need to try those ones. Hm. I don't workout outside, so I don't have to worry about car noise. I just want something that stays in my dang ears. LOL
  • chevy88grl
    Options
    I should mention that I like the ones that block out noise because the music at my gym is often loud and not at all what I want to listen to. AND there are some "talkers" at my gym that I like to block out while I'm working out.