My headphones fall out when I run...

Options
2»

Replies

• ginalhorst
    ginalhorst Posts: 23
    Options
    Go to Best Buy- get the Sony sport ones, that make a complete C around the back of your ear and connect- so it's more like a D- they are about 19 dollars. I'm on my 3rd pair, because they are the ONLY ones that stay in, and usually my boys take them and lose them, that's why I've gotten 3 pairs. these do NOT fall out! The ear piece that goes in is a flat half a sphere- like you cut a marble in half. Those are the best :-) Hope you find them and they work for you!
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I finally gave up on my I-phone earbuds and went and bought some that just went over my ears. plus my ears sweat so bad I couldn't keep the "i-pod" one in ...
  • ginalhorst
    ginalhorst Posts: 23
    Options
    The ones I posted about below do not fall out with or without a band- but I do put a band over in the winter when I run :-)
  • remembertheharddrive
    remembertheharddrive Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone on the Skullcandy buds.

BUT the wires break/lose connection inside after 2-3 months. I have to replacement mine constantly. I don't deliberately tug and wrap them, but general wear and tear does them in rapidly.

This, however, isn't unique to Skullcandy. The $40 Phllips I used to use broke every 6 months. Skullcandies are only $10 though. So I think I made a good financial decision.
  • remembertheharddrive
    remembertheharddrive Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone on the Skullcandy buds.

BUT the wires break/lose connection inside after 2-3 months. I have to replacement mine constantly. I don't deliberately tug and wrap them, but general wear and tear does them in rapidly.

This, however, isn't unique to Skullcandy. The $40 Phllips I used to use broke every 6 months. Skullcandies are only $10 though. So I think I made a good financial decision.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    If you have the Apple earbuds, you can purchase over the ear hooks made to fit them. They are called BudFits and are available at www.budfits.com. I use them and LOVE them!!!!
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    OK...the brand is phillips...they are made for kids and they are the earhook type...I get them at Target and they are for ages 6+ but they fit my kid sized head...trying to figure out how to insert a pic here but if I can't figure it out I love them...minus when I rip the left one off my ears with my left arm...yeah I don't know how I do it either...
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I've tried a lot of them and they all fall out of my ears too. I went back to my old ear phones, the old fashion kind, they are Sony and they are very light.

I've never been able to wear ear buds either. My ears are way too small no matter what kind I try. I love my JVC over the ear headphones. They aren't too big to look ridiculous, they are pretty darned good at blocking sounds and super cheap at $20
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Skullcandy. Awesome. I love mine and my husband wears his when he runs outdoors, he's a marathon runner.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I wear skull candy that wrap around the ear when I don't have a hat on - much better than others I've tried. Just the buds too when I have on a hat-they have different sizes to hold in your ear.
  • nublev
    nublev Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi. I had the same problem. Went to Walmart and got the "over-the-ear" type of headphones. Have had the same pair for 4 years now! They work great, never fall off, and are not uncomfortable to wear. No name brand either. Just the generic type. Go check out Walmart or Target. Good luck!
  • Shua456
    Shua456 Posts: 211
    Options
    I had the SAME problem!! I would run and once I starting getting sweaty or going fast, they would fall out and basically ruin my run cause I'd be CONSTANTLY fixing them. Before I used the standard iPod headphones, and now I use skullcandy, which has little rubber ear pieces on the end so that they fit into your ears and STAY THERE! I've gone on 10+ mile runs with them and NEVER had any issues now :)

PS your comparison picture is INSANELY AWESOME!! YOU LOOK INCREDIBLE!!! :)

I can't use the Apple ones that come with an Ipod. They don't stay in at all. I was going to buy the Skull Candy ones, but was having trouble justifying the cost when the ones I have aren't that old. But, if they stay in.. I can justify it.

Thanks for the compliment! :)

Target has skullcandy headphones for $9.99, if you can find them on sale they are only $7.99
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    bump - I thought I was the only one with this problem :-)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    bump - I thought I was the only one with this problem :-)

And here I thought *I* was the only one with this problem! Always feel better knowing other people are having the same issues. :)
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    I have the ones that have a loop that goes around the back of your ear. I have small ears too and these do run a little big but I can always position them so they stay in place.

Same here. The ones that come with my iPod don't work for me at all when I'm moving. Shoot, sometimes they fall out just when I'm sitting at my desk. I think I have the same Sony pair another poster mentioned. They were under $24 and they're great.
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Options
    Meh, I used duck tape!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I have Skullcandy earbuds. They work great!
    These are the ones I use and they don't fall out. If I run (which is almost never) sometimes I have to just re adjust from time to time, but they don't fall out.
  • plcarpenter
    plcarpenter Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Awesome topic, I have been looking for some headphones that fit in my tiny ears...I'm going to to pick up some skullcandy ones...I hope it works : )