DOES THIS COUNT?

Options
2»

Replies

• Rocki_
    Rocki_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You should be fine with herbal teas, which don't contain any caffeine. Cheers!
  • erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I drink alot of vitamin water and teas, I record it as water but I also record the calories
  • bouldert
    bouldert Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    if you sip on something all day i would aleast try to get 8 cups of liquid in you weather it be crystal lite or mio or water or vitamin water then gradually implementing more water
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I only count plain water. I never include my daily green tea.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I just don't think I could drink 8 glasses a day of WATER. I don't enjoy drinking things. I am a sipper, I sip on something all day.. I take ALL day to drink something.. and my urine color is extremely light, no dehydration here. LOL

Drinking water helps immensely with weight loss. So this may be motivation to get a lot of water in...
  • xxx29
    xxx29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Whereas caffeine is a diuretic, and can dehydration...
    Whereas green tea contains caffeine...
    Whereas 1/2 of the caffeine is removed from decaf coffee and teas...
    Whereas 1/2 of the caffeine is left IN decaf coffee and teas...
    Therefore, decaf and green tea should not be counted toward your water goal.

When you consume a diuretic, fluid is being removed from your body cells through your kidneys. The volume of urine is higher, but it's removing the same amount of waste. Therefore it is lighter in color. If it remains light over time, you're probably hydrated. But if it is dark occasionally, your dehydration day may have been yesterday, not today. Your body is making up for yesterday's water loss by retaining fluid.

Due to other health issues, I avoid caffeine in all forms. I react to even green or decaf tea, so I avoid them. I keep 2 20-ounce water bottles. One I drink half on my way to work, and leave it in the car. I drink the other half on the way home. It doesn't take long to sip 10 oz. of water. The other goes in my lunch bag. I take it out when I get to work and sip on it all morning. When I empty it, I fill it at the water fountain, and sip on it all afternoon. If you're counting, that's 60 oz. of water by the time I get home. That's 7 1/2 cups, and I don't feel waterlogged. Plus a cup with my vitamins in the morning, and a cup with my dinner, and I have 9 1/2 cups of water a day.
  • theresaaugello
    Options
    tea can be dehydrating....watch out on the caffeine content