This guy is great!

Options
124»

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    He's ok. Better than most of the advice I've seen on here.

However, he's quite wrong in regards to popcorn.

The Glucose Index I've seen is between 55 and 65 - the low end of medium, the load between 6 and 10 - pretty durned low. And it's pretty filling for most people.

pop corn's a weird one, all over the map, I've seen the GI as low as 50 and as high as 80, the GL is relatively low though, that I agree with.

for instance, Harvard medical school lists plain, microwave pop corn with a GI of 72
    http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Glycemic_index_and_glycemic_load_for_100_foods.htm

I think a lot has to do with the types of corn and the conditions it's packaged in. Very few people eat plain, air popped popcorn, which makes a difference.
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    pop corn's a weird one, all over the map, I've seen the GI as low as 50 and as high as 80, the GL is relatively low though, that I agree with.

for instance, Harvard medical school lists plain, microwave pop corn with a GI of 72
    http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Glycemic_index_and_glycemic_load_for_100_foods.htm

I think a lot has to do with the types of corn and the conditions it's packaged in. Very few people eat plain, air popped popcorn, which makes a difference.

Yeah, I'll agree with that one. I keep wishing that I could find caramel-covered popcorn listed as a health food. ;-)
  • jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Thanks Banks! I'll save to read later:flowerforyou:
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I love his take on the organic foods - did not know that there was a difference between cage free and free range eggs. Will be looking for the better variety next time I shop. Thanks for sharing this video - I'm going back to watch some more of this stuff.
  • Damnian
    Damnian Posts: 3
    Options
    dude thanks for the post you helped me out a ton