Advice on how to deal with other peoples comments on my diet

Options
2»

Replies

• MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", and the "ideal" weight for me would be somewhere between 115-120, but I've been told by my physician and even my lap band doctor that the "ideal" weight on me would be too drastic and I would look sickly. So, I'm just going to stop where I feel comfortable, which will probably be around 150.

It's really it's nobody's business why you're losing the weight. Just keep on doing what you're doing! :)
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I just respond that I am eating healthily and exercising to reduce stress! I smile sweetly and just ignore comments:happy:
  • j_fattler
    j_fattler Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    sounds like those people are just jealous of your willpower.

Be as rude as they are.

Tell em, "yeah I'm on a diet.... Maybe you should try it."

Bet they don't comment on your need to diet anymore! LOL!!!
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    So we are like the same weight and same height. Usually I just say "thanks" for them telling me I don't need to lose weight, I look fine, etc. If someone tried to get an attitude I would probably tell them to go $h!t in their hand. lol.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Jill_newimprovedversion Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I'm SO glad you posed this question- I have struggled with the same thing for a VERY long time. I felt that way 30 lbs. ago, and I wasn't getting any support- just comments like you've said. ( I'm short too- 5' 1")
    Now I've got twice as much to lose, and I'm STILL hearing it- ( you don't need to lose 50 lbs.)
    YES I do. and strangely enough, a lot of these comments come from people who show NO interest in eating right- no matter what they weigh.

It isn't about my image, or the numbers on the scales. It is about the health factors. Period.

I REALLY appreciate the advice about skipping saying you're on a diet- and re-word it as you're trying to eat healthier. If that gets you an argument, you're obviously talking to a fool. Time to end the conversation and walk away.
  • bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    Options
    I agree with everyone else's comments. Tell them it's a lifestyle change rather than a diet or you could just say "You haven't seen me naked!" :laugh:

I've also done this when the whole "im trying to be healthy" bit doesnt work... and they REALLY cant argue with me there! :)
  • bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    Options
    sounds like those people are just jealous of your willpower.

Be as rude as they are.

Tell em, "yeah I'm on a diet.... Maybe you should try it."

Bet they don't comment on your need to diet anymore! LOL!!!

haha ive ALSO done this! But they were mocking me asking me if i wanted a cheeseburger from BK and laughing and i said "no thank you, i LIKE losing weight."