how to achieve back dimples?

Options
124»

Replies

• Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Davey Wavey has a video of exercises specifically for back dimples. Check his site or YouTube.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Wait, I am confused, it is something people are trying to get? I never knew that. Have been wanting mine to go away. i guess you always want what you can't have.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Going to check in the mirror....
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Yeah, pretty sure you just have them. I do :smokin: I'm excited to see what they look like when I'm fit!
  • MrsRamseyForever
    MrsRamseyForever Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have no clue if I have them, ever had them, or will have them... I also have no clue if you can get them or if it is genetics- I am inclined to think it is genetic like every other type of dimple seems to be but a quick google search does show some Youtube videos and other various sites claiming to have workouts that will create them...

Speaking of genetic dimples- I have dimples in my shoulders... I use to get teased in school by some kids ("what the heck is wrong with your shoulders?") but it didn't really bother me. I don't think they are that common so I think it's neat to have them (although I don't know if they would be considered sexy or desirable). My grandfather had them and I think at least one of my kids has them (haven't really studied their shoulders recently :laugh: ).
  • hayleyclare34
    hayleyclare34 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Back dimples have nothing to do with weight nor is there exercises to make them appear. WIthout going into super detail - it's just how your body is made. Some people, if you feel their back in the same place, have what is best described as a knot. Still others, there's no dimple and no bump.

LMT
  • airen123
    airen123 Posts: 149
    Options
    What? These are a coveted thing? I have them and I hate them! I thought these were a sign of excess fat.
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Oh my...I am laughing right now. :laugh: My husband commented how much he loves my "back dimples" and I hate them! I never knew people found them sexy let alone wanted them! Now if only the dimples on the backs of my legs were sexy...

I'm with ya. They kinda gross me out if anything. To each their own :)
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'd never heard of them before this thread so I had to go check. I don't have them! But this is the first time I ever thought to look at my back since I'd started working out and I have to say I was very impressed. My back is lookin' pretty cute, dimples or no. :)

I don't have any face dimples, either. I wonder if they're related?

I'm still not sure if the calf thing was a joke? That one was confusing.
  • airen123
    airen123 Posts: 149
    Options
    I definitely know my calves are hereditary, but I do work out to keep them up. My parents both have stellar calves, and I've always had them, even before I discovered working out. The person who mad the comment meant "good" calves, not for a lack of calves at all.
  • reptilequeenrachel
    Options
    Not achieved through weight. I am 200 pounds and have back dimples (pierced).
  • annbillingsley
    annbillingsley Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    interesting topic! even at 451 lbs mine were still prominent! hmmmm.....
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Back dimples are had at any size. If you don't have them, you don't have them.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Had to Google them... Those are weird!! I hope they're not hidden in my back.

Also... I learned that folks get really weird piercing in them... That's ever weirder.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I definitely know my calves are hereditary, but I do work out to keep them up. My parents both have stellar calves, and I've always had them, even before I discovered working out. The person who mad the comment meant "good" calves, not for a lack of calves at all.

I was thinking this, too. I have very shape-y calves and slender ankles. I know people who are a lot fitter than I am who don't have the same kind of definition in their calves that I do. I think it has to do with how your muscles bunch together and attach to the bone and whatnot, and it's hereditary. Just like a thigh gap (which I don't have the genetics for, maybe the nice calves make up for it LOL), or high-peak biceps like someone mentioned earlier.
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    I've seen super skinny people who have them, super skinny people who don't...and extremely large people who have them as well. I think it's a genetic thing. Sorry. I'm with you, though...I wish I was a lucky one!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I've always had them and always hated them. I called them "marble holes" when I was young.
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    My boys and husband have them. I love them and wish I could rock some back dimples.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the odd one out but I don't want them. I don't like the looks of them, I just want smooth back.

I agree with you!
  • SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Dimples (on the face, or back) are a defect in the muscle. You can't do anything to get them if you don't already have them. (I have them, but they're not cute/sexy because I'm still fat!)