Are you kidding me MFP, really.....

Options
Logged on to MFP today and the ad at the top of the page was for a a fricking candy bar (milkyway carmel) WOW way to support the cause NOT!!!!!

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    A lot of the ads on here amaze me but it's free to us for a reason! lol
  • Amcantar
    Amcantar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Mine were for JCpenny and Claratin. Luck of the draw?
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    LOL I have a huge pizza ad on the side bar. Time to turn the ad blocker back on!
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Mine had BACON on the side. Wait! =========> THERE IT IS AGAIN!

Stop the insanity!
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Bacon is a great part of any diet! :D
  • peanutbutterpanic
    peanutbutterpanic Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Mine was that changing banana, it always looks so nasty!! I hate the yummy looking cupcake, lol~it's so mean heh heh!
  • Harshberger24
    Harshberger24 Posts: 155
    Options
    what about that fantastic blue cupcake!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I don`t know what or if any editorial control Mike has over ads.
    Google Adsense is often triggered by keystrokes so if you have made a post (s) that mention food,sweets,candy in any way it may trigger an ad supposedly targeting you.
    It doesn`t know any difference.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    It's an exercise in will power! Plus it keeps the site free. I'd rather have Big Candy pay for the site than me! :)
  • Mellissande
    Mellissande Posts: 33
    Options
    mine are bowflex and flowers. Never had a candy bar ad on here lol but keep getting the gastric surgery ads. They make me feel like crap
  • spirited_angel
    Options
    Blumming burger vouchers here :0(
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Hey, they have to pay for the website somehow. It just means our willpower is getting stronger, if we can ignore them right...lol
  • jase111
    jase111 Posts: 83
    Options
    I always get the ad with the Banana and the tag line " 5 foods you should never eat". Has anyone clicked on that or know the story behind that? There's no way I'll believe bananas aren't good for you.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Hey, they have to pay for the website somehow. It just means our willpower is getting stronger, if we can ignore them right...lol
    Um, Miqisha - I'm trying to ignore your avatar with that tasty looking glass of wine......
  • kelbel76
    kelbel76 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    There are always going to be temptations around so you may as well learn to deal with them. I personally don't even notice the ads on this site or any others for that matter. Also, it's the ads that make it possible for this site to be free for us! Anyhoo, best of luck to everyone on your weight loss and fitness goals!
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I used to get Taco Bell ads all the time when I first joined.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Options
    I totally tune banner ads out and couldn't tell you which ones pop up on my page.....thankfully it sounds like! :)
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    They dont bother me.... I get them all (nasty banana, zumba, jenny craig, cupcakes).... As long as MFP is free, it's for me!
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if there are ads or not, all I care is just get in here and program my food schedule for the day and so far MFP is the best ever :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Bacon is a great part of any diet! :D

*like*