Are you kidding me MFP, really.....

Options
2»

Replies

• ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I use Firefox Adblock Plus and see no ads.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Google Chrome has a ton of fantastic ad-blocking modifications.
    -wtk
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I am resisting the temptation to change my profile pic to bacon.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    It is a free website. Free websites are going to have ads. It shouldn't be any more of a temptation to you than going through a check out line at the grocery store or at a gas station. If you need a website without ads, I'm sure there is one you can pay for out there. They might not be as awesome as MFP though...

Plus a majority of ads relate to something you've done on line. For example, I have 1-800-flowers and Kaplan University as my ads right now. Recently I sent flowers and enrolled in grad school. I know if I do a search for pizza, I'll get pizza ads. Maybe if you try clearing your cookies you'd get ads you'd like better.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Logged on to MFP today and the ad at the top of the page was for a a fricking candy bar (milkyway carmel) WOW way to support the cause NOT!!!!!
    as I was reading this there was an add for the exact same thing on the side of my screen!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    HAAAAAA..that is my fav
    some of these ads suck!
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Remember you guys this is a FREE SITE!!!:flowerforyou: FREEEEEEEEE We are so lucky not to have to pay to join!!:love: The advertising pays for the site so we don't have to,:bigsmile: you have to learn to ignore it or get use to it. I think it's just a random group of ads that rotate so just ignore the ads, think of it as an exercise in learning will power?:blushing: Just ignore them they have nothing to do with the type of site this is obviously:wink:
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    This makes me laugh. Lately it's been the changing Nanner and the Mio water enhancer.
    I can deal with both of those. But I do like bacon. Alot. And burgers. And Milky Ways are my favorite ever.
    That is all.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Google Adsense is often triggered by keystrokes so if you have made a post (s) that mention food,sweets,candy in any way it may trigger an ad supposedly targeting you.

I wondered about that. Someone posted about jog bras and the add on the page was for Title Nine, a women's workout cloths company. I thought that was a bit too much of a coincidence.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Google Chrome has a ton of fantastic ad-blocking modifications.
    -wtk

Testify! I'm running Ad-block and don't have ANY ads, it's great!!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    This profile pic is for all you who use adblock.
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am resisting the temptation to change my profile pic to bacon.

Or not.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some bacon and I have no trouble resisting when it's (or other ad temptations aren't) in my meal plan for the day. I just have to chuckle at the irony.
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    hahah... I actually did a post of that not too long ago!

I accidentally cutoff the WTF when I posted it
    Untitled-3.png
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    lol I never really look at the ads but I glanced up reading this and it was a Papa Johns ad -.-
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Mine were in Espanol... for snickers.